DEEP PURPLE: New Album

15 December 2012, 4:13 AM

Eight years after the release of “Rapture Of The Deep”, following many rumours later revealed to be unfounded, Deep Purple, one of the most important and influential British rock bands of all time, have confirmed the release of a new album completely made of new studio material.

After various songwriting sessions in Europe, the band recorded and mixed the album in Nashville with producer Bob Ezrin (in his impressive hit record: Pink Floyd's “The Wall”, Alice Cooper and many others).

The album is rumoured to be the perfect match from the original spirit of 70s Purple, and a fresh and modern production.

Ian Gillan has recently revealed a few working titles of songs that might appear on the album: “Out Of Hands”, “Uncommon Man” and “Hell to Pay”.

Deep Purple's record company earMUSIC will reveal details about the new album in real time as soon as they will become available on a dedicated website where all band members will also be able to post and interact with the fans: www.deeppurple2013.com

I love Deep Purple, but let´s face it, Gillan´s voice is completely gone. I saw them in ´96 and ´06, and he just can´t sing it anymore. And it´s not like they still need cash anyway. To me it´s fine if they want to carry on releasing studio stuff - Rapture of the Deep was great - but live, it´s a real struggle for him.

I love Deep Purple, but let´s face it, Gillan´s voice is completely gone. I saw them in ´96 and ´06, and he just can´t sing it anymore. And it´s not like they still need cash anyway. To me it´s fine if they want to carry on releasing studio stuff - Rapture of the Deep was great - but live, it´s a real struggle for him.

That's how you make money these days though. As far as revenues ad royalties go now, a new CD may as well be a coaster.

I must profess my love and respect for this amazingly incredible band, and they still have it to this day with only one original member. It doesn't matter. They are and always will be a phenomenon to me.

Thanks and happy holidays TD and TRF!! :chickendance:

I must profess my love and respect for this amazingly incredible band, and they still have it to this day with only one original member. It doesn't matter. They are and always will be a phenomenon to me.

:cheers:

Is Lord playing on every song?

Lord? Jon Lord is no longer with us Earl, RIP. :rose: And Don Airey has been his replacement in Purple for about 10 years anyway! :16ton:

Yeah that sucks! I know he passed away. I was hoping Jon was on a few of the new tracks. On well! I had no idea that Don replaced him. Don replaced Jon. Interesting.

Lord? Jon Lord is no longer with us Earl, RIP. :rose: And Don Airey has been his replacement in Purple for about 10 years anyway! :16ton:

Yeah that sucks! I know he passed away. I was hoping Jon was on a few of the new tracks. On well! I had no idea that Don replaced him. Don replaced Jon. Interesting.

Yeah Don has been on the last two albums and upteen tours... :codger: :D-13:

Yeah I sort of threw in the towel on Deep Purple. The last time I saw them was when Joe Satriani opened for them. DP headlined of course. I actually got bored and left early.

Yeah I sort of threw in the towel on Deep Purple. The last time I saw them was when Joe Satriani opened for them. DP headlined of course. I actually got bored and left early.

Well that can happen with bands. Maybe this new album will get you back into "new" Purple! :blaze:

Well that can happen with bands. Maybe this new album will get you back into "new" Purple! :blaze:

I hope so dude! I will surely buy the record no matter if I never see them again. I am a huge Steve Morse fan as you know!

I hope so dude! I will surely buy the record no matter if I never see them again. I am a huge Steve Morse fan as you know!

Yeah Morse is the man! :dweez:

I could tell my Steve Morse meetup story from when I saw dream theater, elp & deep purple at pine knob (dte) in 1998 but I wouldn't wanna bore anyone... OK, I'll summarize in a different way: Let's just say he was really nice, and funny. He asked me if I was the IRS when i asked if he was steve morse. I couldn't tell if he was a roadie or steve. He wore a tore-up tank top just like he does on stage.

That was the one time I saw deep purple live and & Steve Morse live and I'll tell you what... That band turns the crowd into a huge wavy sea of rock n roll goodness. The power of that band is beyond compare. And Steve Morse is a god performer. Just awesome. And when DP's tour bus headed out I witnessed Gillan hopping over a seat in the bus like a frog. He is either a morning person or he had something "good" for breakfast! lmao But he still had long hair, which he must have cut soon after I saw them because the '99 australia dvd shows him with short hair.

I gotta admit as a huge DT fan then I came to see DT mostly but curious about elp and deep purple and left mesmerized by deep purple and steve morse. If you get a chance to see deep purple, don't blow it. Trust me...

Happy Holidays. Thanks for the heads up TD! :chickendance:

I could tell my Steve Morse meetup story from when I saw dream theater, elp & deep purple at pine knob (dte) in 1998 but I wouldn't wanna bore anyone... OK, I'll summarize in a different way: Let's just say he was really nice, and funny. He asked me if I was the IRS when i asked if he was steve morse. I couldn't tell if he was a roadie or steve. He wore a tore-up tank top just like he does on stage.

That was the one time I saw deep purple live and & Steve Morse live and I'll tell you what... That band turns the crowd into a huge wavy sea of rock n roll goodness. The power of that band is beyond compare. And Steve Morse is a god performer. Just awesome. And when DP's tour bus headed out I witnessed Gillan hopping over a seat in the bus like a frog. He is either a morning person or he had something "good" for breakfast! lmao But he still had long hair, which he must have cut soon after I saw them because the '99 australia dvd shows him with short hair.

I gotta admit as a huge DT fan then I came to see DT mostly but curious about elp and deep purple and left mesmerized by deep purple and steve morse. If you get a chance to see deep purple, don't blow it. Trust me...

Happy Holidays. Thanks for the heads up TD! :chickendance:

Good story. Steve does seem like an easy-going down to earth kind of guy.

yw btw! :smoke:

Edited by treeduck

Steve Morse is a remarkable and gifted player. I saw him in Purple about 10 years ago. I think Scorpions and Dio (RIP) were on the same bill. Dio was unbelievable even though we only caught the last few of his songs. Purple was good.

To me, without Enfant Terrible and Lord (RIP), it just doesn't have the same intensity. Nobody plays like Blackmore does or like Lord did. Don Airey is a great replacement, but not Jon Lord, and Steve Morse is a great guitarist, but not Ritchie Blackmore. Just my opinion.

The last Deep Purple album I really enjoyed was Perfect Strangers.

:cheers: