This mama's got a new tattoo

Amy Farrah Fowler

OK, it's my first (and probably only) tattoo.

It's not really to represent my love for the band...they brought to light all the alchemy symbols and "amalgamation" was a fitting tribute to my husband and kids and the happy home we have. As a photographer, I've always wanted an infinity symbol, so it works in that respect as well as with the family link.

It took all of 7 minutes to have done and it wasn't bad, discomfort-wise. It's on my left inner wrist. I just love it!

It is VERY black...this b&w conversion kind of dulled how vibrant a black it is. It rocks!http://apageatatime.net/tat.jpg

Edited by Amy Farrah Fowler
  • Like 3

Maybe read the post before asking stupid questions and throwing insults.

I vote this to be the BEST come back ever!

Nice job, Amy!! (And, your tattoo looks great!)

• Like 1

OK, it's my first (and probably only) tattoo.

It's not really to represent my love for the band...they brought to light all the alchemy symbols and "amalgamation" was a fitting tribute to my husband and kids and the happy home we have. As a photographer, I've always wanted an infinity symbol, so it works in that respect as well as with the family link.

It took all of 7 minutes to have done and it wasn't bad, discomfort-wise. It's on my left inner wrist. I just love it!

It is VERY black...this b&w conversion kind of dulled how vibrant a black it is. It rocks!http://apageatatime.net/tat.jpg

Nice :)

• Like 1

Looks great for sure! You should get the 2112 star on your other wrist.

Nah. I love the band, but this symbol is not representative of my love for the group, it's just happy coincidence. :) I have many other ways to outlet my love for Rush and it's not via permanent tattoo. :P

Looks great for sure! You should get the 2112 star on your other wrist.

Nah. I love the band, but this symbol is not representative of my love for the group, it's just happy coincidence. :) I have many other ways to outlet my love for Rush and it's not via permanent tattoo. :P

That's totally cool for sure. I'm just glad of what it represents to you as far as your wonderful family goes. :)
  • Like 1

That's a great tat, AFF! Very tasteful and classy.

I have the amalgamation symbol, too, but with the "3R" with it. I love mine - glad you love yours, too. :)

• Like 1

I'm not a tattoo person, but I have to say I like that one. I'm sure the all black ink really pops. Hopefully, it will maintain its luster for quite some time. I think that it is wonderful that it means something to you because of your family and the Rush tie in was just an obvious choice. Serendipity.

There is something so magical about this band and the way their music touches all of our lives. I am fascinated by the way it expresses itself in each of us.

Thanks for sharing the photo, Amy. Great tattoo.

:)

• Like 1

I dunno. I never wanted one until I decided on this design. If I WERE to get another, it would be my husband's initials on my left ring finger under my wedding band. I can't imagine it would feel much different than it did on my wrist, so it's not a pain factor. Just not sure.

I'm not the "ink" type, so I don't think there's much chance of me craving more.

I saw a documentary on tattoos last month on Discovery and they said finger tattoos can be awfully painful and tend to blur quickly over time. It could result in a small detailed image becoming a big nasty blob.
  • Like 1