Rush - Mega Medley Project I... The Movie

Pags

Cool video, very nicely put together ! What program were you using - I think someone else asked but did not see reply. Just curious. Thanks. :D

Thanks! I see you're new to TRF so welcome here. I've recevied some really nice comments both here and on YouTube and each one of them is highly appreciated. The audio mix was done several years ago using a very old version of Adobe Premiere. I made it using lossless .wav files so the sound quality would not be reduced. The audio mixing tools on Premiere allowed for three levels of audio tracks to be overlapped which I utilized often during song transitions. Sometimes there is a lot going on at the same time to help make the switch between songs somehow flow. It took several iterations (train wrecks) and many times walking away from it for a while until an idea that made sense would finally hit me. There was more I wanted to do with it, but I litererally ran out of time. The mix is 78 minutes long and a CD can't hold more than 80 minutes. I think that limitation is a good thing or I'd probably still be working on it and building it into an even more massive monster than it already is. :wacko:

The video is a slide show on steroids using nothing more than Windows Movie Maker. It's made using a collection pics from the web, several screen snaps I made myself from various videos (so you won't see them anywhere else), and video clips either saved from YouTube or ripped from my Rush DVDs. The audio file was dropped into the Movie Maker program, and each slide was added in linear style from 00:00 to 1:18:18.

The .mp4 file is a little more than 2.2GB. I haven't tried burning it to a DVD yet, but I really should. Then I can hand copies out to my fellow TRF Rush heads at the next Rush show (if I'm lucky enough to attend one). :LOL:

Sorry.. long answer to a short question. :cheers:

• Like 1

Alone from your "reviews are in" I can hear that you did an amazing job on (and put a lot of painstaking love into) this thing. Too bad it's been ripped away from the web before I could watch it.
  • Like 1

Alone from your "reviews are in" I can hear that you did an amazing job on (and put a lot of painstaking love into) this thing. Too bad it's been ripped away from the web before I could watch it.

Hi GLS,

Thanks for the kind word. I'm troubled by what you had said about the video not being available. I can still see it fine, but now wonder if I'm the only one who can? I have the video in my sig, let me know if you can view it. Are you in the United States? Perhaps this is a visibility issue based upon the country you're in? Not sure. I hope you can see it. :(

• Like 1

Hi GLS,

Thanks for the kind word. I'm troubled by what you had said about the video not being available. I can still see it fine, but now wonder if I'm the only one who can? I have the video in my sig, let me know if you can view it. Are you in the United States? Perhaps this is a visibility issue based upon the country you're in? Not sure. I hope you can see it. :(

You're probably right. I'm in Germany where, more often than in the US, YouToob blocks vids because of audio content. Though I have one other issue: I can't find your sig. :smash: Come to think of it, mine is no longer visible either.

awesome, great job!! RushOn!!!! \m/

Thanks! :cheers:

How can I downlaod that?

Sorry, putting the link in as 'media' doesn't allow for download. Here is the link... if you copy and paste it into your browser's address bar, it should let you save the file. Let me know if that worked.

www.trfmusicians.com/audio/pags/pags_rush_medley.mp3

I can't save from their.

Are you sure? If I drop the url into my browser's address bar, I'm able to right click on the player and get a Save As option for the mp3 file. This sucks, I hope it works.

In order to download from that link I need Quicktime Pro. It wants me to pay for Quicktime Pro. Not going to happen.

That baffles the hell out of me. I don't have Quicktime Pro and it's letting me save the file in Google Chrome, and Firefox. In fact, Firefox immediately puts up a option box asking if I want to save the file first before playing it. Damn...

It's time to pull in the Gurus. @1-0-0-1-0-0-1? @USB Connector? @barney_rebel? @launchpad67a? Anyone? :huh:

I can't download in Firefox but I got it to work in Chrome.

Nice!! Glad you got it worked out. After all that... I hope the audio version proves to have been worth all the effort. :cheers:

I made it twenty minutes into it today. I love the added Hey in 2112 as well as the 1 and a 2 and a 1 2 3 4

Cool! They were harder than I thought to get in there. I sampled the 'hey' from Rush In Rio, but had to somehow diminish Neil's live snare. That was a challenge, but I got it. The 2, 3, 4 had to be placed in individually to keep in time. I was happy to get it to finally work. :cheers:

Pags, I need to tell you this. You are a freaking GOD to me! I would like to see you do more like this, you've achieved perfection in a world where absolutely nothing is perfect. Seriously, you've done an excellent job, my friend, you should feel proud of what you've done.
  • Like 1