Alas, Clockwork Angels has not grown on me like I hoped. Even though it is a ambitious project, it just does not bring home the bacon with me. I cannot pinpoint what it is but I am not left wanting to go back to it as an entire listen. There are some standout songs, but some of the dogs are almost horrid.

I'm there at this point too. For me its the sound quality that I just can't get past. Just detracts too much from their best album in quite a while. I describe it as a good album marred by poor sound quality, whereas VT was a meh album marred by poor sound quality. I listen for short spells and then take it outof the player in frustration.

Kudos to all of you for being true to your feelings despite the hype. We're all different. What a boring world this would be if we were all the same.

Personally, I LOVE the thing - but it's cool you don't.

Peace, Clem

• Like 1

Kudos to all of you for being true to your feelings despite the hype. We're all different. What a boring world this would be if we were all the same.

Peace, Clem

:goodone:

Peace, Clem

Yeah what he said!

:codger:

I'm there at this point too. For me its the sound quality that I just can't get past. Just detracts too much from their best album in quite a while. I describe it as a good album marred by poor sound quality, whereas VT was a meh album marred by poor sound quality. I listen for short spells and then take it outof the player in frustration.

I agree with you about the sound. I've found solutions that have improved the listening experience immensely. Right now I am listening to CA on some good full size Sony Headphones through my laptop. If I listen on Home Audio I run it through my 5.1 receiver which works well.. I listen to other Rush albums for hooks and hits, where this one is like listening to a masterful symphony, it is just that good.

Peace, Clem

:goodone:

X 10,000....

Try listening to Clockwork Angels after any other Rush album and it is hard work,even after the much maligned Signals.It just booms to me and at times is uncomfortable to listen to. But I still like it.

Like all my favourite Rush albums, CA took many listens to get in to.

And now I absolutely love it. Even 'Wish them well' has really grown on me.

With regards to the sound quality thing - I wish it had Counterparts sound quality tbh.

I know this has been mentioned before, but here's a simple suggestion regarding the sound quality. I felt the same way about the production and I couldn't warm up to the album, so in my truck (where I do a big chunk of my music listening) I turned the bass and the subwoofer down 1 click each. Man, what a difference! Sounds so much better. I'm starting to enjoy CA a lot more now.

I didn't initially care for it listening on speakers in house and in the car. While preparing to see the concert I dug back in with headphones (I don't care for live music that I'm not thoroughly familar with) and that made a huge difference for me. I think BU2B, Caravan, The Wreckers, The Anarchist, Headlong Flight, and Clockwork Angels are absolutley fantastic. I find Wish Them Well to be just ok. Overall it might be their best effort since Signals imo.

I didn't initially care for it listening on speakers in house and in the car. While preparing to see the concert I dug back in with headphones (I don't care for live music that I'm not thoroughly familar with) and that made a huge difference for me. I think BU2B, Caravan, The Wreckers, The Anarchist, Headlong Flight, and Clockwork Angels are absolutley fantastic. I find Wish Them Well to be just ok. Overall it might be their best effort since Signals imo.

Don't you mean since Grace? The Wreckers, Headlong Flight and BU2B are great.

I think im on my 3rd obsession with this record...and I love Wish Them Well

and I love Wish Them Well

Me too.

I think the solo section is freaking great and I love the lyrics - so straight forward and focused.

Come to think of it...I love the whole thing.

Same with me. The first song that I liked was The Wreckers, then the Garden.......I played through the album a few times questioning..".is it going to grow on me like all the other ones"? Alas after what....7 months I popped it back in and it really has! 7COG!! My gosh that song absolutely rocks, I think the only album that never grew on me was Presto..... I've tried & tried, but only a couple songs do it for me. As stated, no big deal.....there's so much more! What a great treasure of tunes I have for life. Thank You Rush!

I know this has been mentioned before, but here's a simple suggestion regarding the sound quality. I felt the same way about the production and I couldn't warm up to the album, so in my truck (where I do a big chunk of my music listening) I turned the bass and the subwoofer down 1 click each. Man, what a difference! Sounds so much better. I'm starting to enjoy CA a lot more now.

I did the same thing. Doesn't completely fix the sound quality for me, but it's a huge improvement. Overall, I think the album is one of their better offerings since Moving Pictures. There are definitely some gems on CA.

• Like 1