Who will give their introduction?

ThinkingBig

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it on good authority that it will be Carly Rae Jespen and Taylor Swift - Kanye will make a surprise cameo and diss Taylor Swift once again.

:LOLsign:

Wouldn't shock me if it were Donna Halper. Would be really fitting.

Didn't Donna do the Rush Star Ceremony? It would be very fitting.

You may be correct, RUSHHEAD. Apparently there is FB page to petition for her:

https://www.facebook...392290277514162

As mentioned in the comments section of her hometown newspaper:

http://www.patriotle...or-Quincy-woman

:rush: :haz:

Ben Stiller's dad! Then the boys can go right into "Passage!"

That's funny because I always refer to the boy as Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara's son.

Me too. He'll always be Stiller and Meara's kid to me.

So, how does this work? Does the band choose who they wish to have induct/introduce them? Or is it up to the RRHOF folks? If it's up tp the RRHOF folks, I hope they don't use it as an opportunity to say "you've made it, but we're still not happy about it, so you're being introduced by [pick your least favorite second or third rate has-been]".

If it's up to the band, some interesting choices would be:

1. Trey Parker & Matt Stone (Matt could pull out his "old dickhead" line from BTLS)

2. Cliff Burnstein (although being part of the nominating committee, not sure this is allowed)

3. Paul Rudd/Jason Segal/Judd Apatow

4. Kirk Hammet/Dave Grohl/James Hatfield/etc. (a high profile rocker for whom Rush was a major influence)

I think Donna Halper would be an epic choice. But Dave Grohl, Jack Black or Billy Corgan would be okay.

I agree Sebastian Bach is embarrassing. He's a nice enough guy, just a little too "low brow," if you will. Rush are much more intellectual and sophisticated than that guy, and deserve someone who can match their level of sophistication. (Anyone remember the kid in front of the concert hall on the BTLS bonus disc? You know, the young doofus who said the F word constantly? Who wanted THAT guy representing all Rush fans?? I like to think we, and the band, are smarter and more high-brow than these people.)

I agree Billy Corgan was very articulate in the film (his comments were some of my favorites) and he'd be a good choice... but his repeated use as a spokesperson for Rush is getting a little overcooked now. He was the guy who introduced them at the Hollywood Walk of Fame thing, and sometimes in interviews he now talks about Rush more than he talks about his own band(s). It might be time for a fresh face... but if they use Billy again, I'm fine with it.

Agreed 100% on all points.

Besides Corgan and Hawkins, I think another good possibility would be Ed Robertson of Barenaked Ladies. He had some decent, thoughtful comments when he appeared in the VH1 Classic Albums episode that showcased 2112 & Moving Pictures.

Agreed.

It would never happen, but I'd love to see Robert Plant and Jimmy page walk out there and say... "It's about f***ing time."

I would literally disintegrate in front of my TV. Like that dude at the end of Raiders Of The Lost Ark. Just melt, right there. It would be messy.

It needs to be an epic musician, someone in the RRHOF that does the inducting. Someone that can testify as to their influence on them or their skill. I hope Halper makes an appearance, or Corgan or Black, but I would love to see someone legendary say words about the band.

Good God please don't let it be Jack Black. He's become an embarrassment. I understand they show "Gulliver's Travels" in nursing homes to assist the residents in falling asleep.

Vote for Anne Murray or Englebert Humperdink

Many good choices-Grohl and Hawkins, KISS, or Rudd-Siegel. Is Billy Corgan still relevant? Just wondering.

But I say they should really have some fun with it; say Randall Roberts, the music critic for the LA Times or fellow Canadian rockers...Celine Dion and Shania Twain. Now that would be fun!!

I've decided that I'm going to be the one to induct Rush into the RRHO Fame. So, never mind all of your fancy little ideas... I'm the guy.

So, how does this work? Does the band choose who they wish to have induct/introduce them? Or is it up to the RRHOF folks? If it's up tp the RRHOF folks, I hope they don't use it as an opportunity to say "you've made it, but we're still not happy about it, so you're being introduced by [pick your least favorite second or third rate has-been]".

1. Trey Parker & Matt Stone (Matt could pull out his "old dickhead" line from BTLS)

2. Cliff Burnstein (although being part of the nominating committee, not sure this is allowed)

4. Kirk Hammet/Dave Grohl/James Hatfield/etc. (a high profile rocker for whom Rush was a major influence)

I think Corgan would be great, but agree on point 4 - it would be great to have Kirk and James, two high profile, roundly respected rock stars testify to the undeniable influence of RUSH on their career.

I think Corgan would be great, but agree on point 4 - it would be great to have Kirk and James, two high profile, roundly respected rock stars testify to the undeniable influence of RUSH on their career.

Agreed.

I've decided that I'm going to be the one to induct Rush into the RRHO Fame. So, never mind all of your fancy little ideas... I'm the guy.

i happen to know for sure that Sir Roger Moore has been lined up, so tough titty mein froind.

Buenos nochas.

Edited by lifeson90