Pick 2 songs, with rules....

Lost In Xanadu

Pick 2 concert "staples" that..

1. You would miss the most if they pulled it from the setlist

2. You would miss the least if they pulled it from the setlist

Me, I would miss TSOR the most, Tom Sawyer the least.

Wouldn't miss the "reggae" version Working man, do miss the "real" version.

Would miss 2112, wouldn't miss Red Sector A(though maybe not quite a "staple" per se). The song is okay but, for me, on this tour, if the intent is to re-build the energy with the old stuff shortly after the new stuff, a downer song about a concentration camp survivor doesn't make for a great fit. Early in the show seems better. IMHO.

I would miss 2112 the most, and the drum solo the least (though I really enjoyed having three short solos instead of one long one on the recent tour).

My initial reaction to the question was that I'd miss Tom Sawyer the least, because it's actually one of my least favourite Rush songs, but when I think about it, I realise that a Rush gig without Tom Sawyer in the set list would just seem wrong.

Not exactly sure how you would define a "stapler". Tom Sawyer is the only song that they've done every tour since its inception - although TSOR came close (it was absent during part of Presto).

I think I WOULD miss TSOR. I love all their "staplers", but wasn't sad to see many absent this time around.

Clem

I believe that this question was answered for me when TSOR replaced Working Man in Chicago. I was so happy, and that pretty much sums it up. If I never heard Working Man live again, I'd be just fine. The Spirit of Radio, on the other hand, is one of those songs that should always be played. I feel sorry for the people at the 3 shows that didn't get TSOR this tour. Edited by Dscrapre

I don't know if Subdivisions is a staple, but obviously that would suck if they didn't play it.

I could live without Tom Sawyer, even though it does kick ass. It is just too short. I want the concert to be as long as possible, 4 or 5 hours at least.

I'd miss:

The Spirit of Radio, YYZ, Limelight (Why couldn't they play it in Newark…WHY!???), La Villa Strangiato (hoping they'll play it in 2013)

Good riddance to:

Tom Sawyer, Freewill, Distant Early Warning, Working Man, Far Cry

If they took out 2112 I'd be sort of pretty really bummed out. This is why I like to know the sets ahead of time.

I wouldn't mind if they took out Far Cry. It's a great closer, but it's not a staple. I had no quarrels with the setlist I heard. It was amazing.