RRHOF Inductees announced 11am PT tomorrow

Earthshine_sf

"It's a terrific honor and we'll show up smiling," Rush's singer and bassist, Geddy Lee, tells Rolling Stone. "It made my mom happy, so that's worth it." Lee is especially happy for Rush's army of hardcore fans. "It was a cause they championed," he says. "I'm very relieved for them and we share this honor with them, for sure."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-2013-inductees-rush-public-enemy-heart-and-randy-newman-20121211#ixzz2Elx1UnVa

Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

IT'S OFFICIAL!!

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has officially announced next year's inductees: Rush, Public Enemy, Heart, Randy Newman, Donna Summer and Albert King will all join the class of 2013, with Summer, who passed away this May, and King, who died in 1992, earning the honor posthumously. Lou Adler and Quincy Jones will both receive the Ahmet Ertegun Award for non-performers.

"It's a terrific honor and we'll show up smiling," Rush's singer and bassist, Geddy Lee, tells Rolling Stone. "It made my mom happy, so that's worth it." Lee is especially happy for Rush's army of hardcore fans. "It was a cause they championed," he says. "I'm very relieved for them and we share this honor with them, for sure." ...

Alex, Geddy, and Neil are way too classy to dis the RRHOF if they do indeed get in. Sure it would be cool if they did, but that's not the way that they carry themselves.

I've been saying the same for years. The guys have WAY too much dignity, class, sophistication, and integrity to give the Hall the middle finger and say "screw you!" (Still, there are a gaggle of Rush fans who want to see that.)

I don't care if the boys get in or not, but I agree with this. I wouldn't want to see them dis the Hall, even if the Hall deserved it. They'd be gracious and classy, and then move on.

Alex, Geddy, and Neil are way too classy to dis the RRHOF if they do indeed get in. Sure it would be cool if they did, but that's not the way that they carry themselves.

Agree 100%. I know if they get inducted they will gladdly accept and be done with it, Then they could move on to much better things like the R40 Tour.

:P

I don't know about "gladly" accept. They'd graciously accept on behalf of their fans, and then move on to the R40 tour...after they finished the second leg of the CA tour, that is.

I like it your way much better. Graciously on behalf of our fans!

Bravo sir!

:cheers:

IT'S OFFICIAL!!

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has officially announced next year's inductees: Rush, Public Enemy, Heart, Randy Newman, Donna Summer and Albert King will all join the class of 2013, with Summer, who passed away this May, and King, who died in 1992, earning the honor posthumously. Lou Adler and Quincy Jones will both receive the Ahmet Ertegun Award for non-performers.

"It's a terrific honor and we'll show up smiling," Rush's singer and bassist, Geddy Lee, tells Rolling Stone. "It made my mom happy, so that's worth it." Lee is especially happy for Rush's army of hardcore fans. "It was a cause they championed," he says. "I'm very relieved for them and we share this honor with them, for sure." ...

Yep, I'd call that a classy response by Geddy. Good for him. :yes:

Randy Newman but No Deep Purple. Makes sense
  • Like 1

SON OF A BITCH - the Mayans were right. Just another sign 2012 is the end of it all.

There are a shitload of zombies on my front lawn right now. Coincidence?

I sure hope what I see is a result of swine being shot out of a cannon.... or getting stuck in a hole in a dam and being propelled out by water pressure.

Future Rock Legends was saying it would be unlikely that Rush and Deep Purple would BOTH be inducted the same year. No Deep Purple? Maybe it's because Rush bumped them! :LOL:

Future Rock Legends was saying it would be unlikely that Rush and Deep Purple would BOTH be inducted the same year. No Deep Purple? Maybe it's because Rush bumped them! :LOL:

People have to cry about something! Sorry for Deep Purple. Just be happy for RUSH and Heart!

:dweez: :chickendance: :banana:

People have to cry about something! Sorry for Deep Purple. Just be happy for RUSH and Heart!

:dweez: :chickendance: :banana:

Cry ??? Not really . DP should have been in years ago, Before Rush . Do your f*ckin homework
  • Like 1

Yeah, I don't personally care if Deep Purple got in, I was just kind of surprised compared to the other choices is all. My opinion of the HOF remains unchanged, whether Rush are in or not, because of things like this. Why was it unlikely that both Rush and DP get in the same year? They were the top 2 choices on the ballot IMO.

LosingIt—are they really announcing dates tomorrow?

Why was it unlikely that both Rush and DP get in the same year? They were the top 2 choices on the ballot IMO.

Two classic rock artists, similar music, both bands snubbed for the nomination for so long, both finally getting the nom this year, and... BOTH GETTING INDUCTED, TOO?

Unlikely. They like to space these artists out a bit. A little rock, a little pop, a little hip-hop, etc. As it is, it seems odd that Rush and Heart both got in in the same year; they also have similar music.