RRHOF Inductees announced 11am PT tomorrow

Earthshine_sf

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/2012/12/10/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fames-class-of-2013-to-be-announced-on-tuesday/

Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers will announce the inductees at 11am PT at the Nokia Theater in L.A. Curiously, "Some of the honorees are expected to attend the announcement event" according to this story. If so, wouldn't that mean that some or all inductees have already be informed? Could Rush already know that they are inducted, and could they even be enroute to L.A. as we speak to be at the announcement?

It is my understanding that they already know. Sometimes we get Pre-recorded vids with the bands saying how ""Thankful" they are. Tomorrow is pretty much a Big Press Release, that's all

11 AM, pacific time. That's 2 PM, eastern. Can't wait to hear the news tomorrow...

I can't help but feel there's a bridge for sale in Brooklyn or some great real estate in Florida.

I hope I'm eating crow on a flying pig tomorrow, but I don't think it's going to happen.

:unsure:

• Like 1

I'll be shocked if they do get it... for some reason, I can't stop thinking that the stupid pricks who run the place will never give Rush the cred. They cannot seem to want to give these guys the credit they deserve.

They'll just keep on being an "old dickhead."

I would think they dont have the balls to deny them this time...but they are just dooshey enough they might. Ill be happy if they do get in, but I will enjoy ridiuling the RRHOF for another year if they dont. win-win

What will we all bitch about this time next year if they get inducted?

That they still didn't play "Jacob's Ladder" on the 2013 leg.

:LOL:

I would think they dont have the balls to deny them this time...but they are just dooshey enough they might. Ill be happy if they do get in, but I will enjoy ridiuling the RRHOF for another year if they dont. win-win

As has been stated previously, the douchebaggery was in the nominating committee not nominating them. Now that hurdle has been overcome, and it's up to the 600+ people who vote to get them in. That's a major game changer.

As has been stated previously, the douchebaggery was in the nominating committee not nominating them. Now that hurdle has been overcome, and it's up to the 600+ people who vote to get them in. That's a major game changer.

hows the family doin goobs?

Those who claim they couldn't care less about Rush being in the RRHOF will be the first to scream bloody murder if they're not among the inductees. ;)

Not me... Rush being excluded from the RRHOF has become part of the band's identity, and at this point I'd rather them not be in there. Rush is an institution unto itself and does not need the RRHOF. I'd rather the two continue having nothing to do with each other.

• Like 1

Absolutely! I don't think enough fans "get" this.

The hold-up for Rush has always been getting past the small band of elitist douchebags on the nominating committee - Jann Wenner and his ilk. Now that that's past, it should be a much easier task to have the larger (and less douchey) body of people who vote for INDUCTION to wave them in.

It's going to happen. I'm ready; waiting anxiously for the announcement later today. I may even be going to L.A. for the induction ceremony in April. (My wife's idea, believe it or not. She came up with it after seeing the BTLS documentary: "if they get inducted, we should go!".)

Edited by GeddyRulz

This morning on NPR there was a discussion of the Hall and the nomination/induction process. The commentators were indicting the Hall based on the secrecy of the process, and the fact that so many influential bands have been snubbed over the years. The influential bands mentioned in the piece? Roxy Music, Donna Summer and...KISS. Not a word about RUSH in the entire report. I wonder if that's and omen...

Well I for one would like RUSH to receive all the praise and respect they deserve and being inductuted into the RRHOF is a step in the right direction.

:notworthy: :haz: :rush: :haz: :notworthy:

:LMAO: One of the funniest posts I have read in quite awhile.

• Like 1

Well I for one would like RUSH to receive all the praise and respect they deserve and being inductuted into the RRHOF is a step in the right direction.

:notworthy: :haz: :rush: :haz: :notworthy:

:LMAO: One of the funniest posts I have read in quite awhile.

Well hey, now that Blondie is in the Hall, marginal bands like Rush actually have a shot!