The Never played Rush song Set Challange

losingit2k

Imagine that Rush would give us Hard core fans a treat and play an entire opening set for a tour with only songs they've never played live. Which would be your 10 songs? Place them in order of Appearance in the set.

Below is a list of Rush songs Never Played Live.

Take A Friend

Before And After

Making Memories

Rivendell

The Fountain Of Lamneth

Lessons

Tears

Madrigal

Different Strings

Losing It

Emotion Detector

Open Secrets

Second Nature

Tai Shan

High Water

Chain Lighting

Anagram

Red Tide

Hand Over Fist

Available Light

Face Up

The Big Wheel

Heresy

Neurotica

You Bet Your Life

Cut To The Chase

Alien Shore

Speed Of Love

Everyday Glory

The Color Of Right

Totem

Dog Years

Carve Away The Stone

Peaceable Kingdom

The Stars Look Down

How It Is

Vapor Trail

Sweet Miracle

Nocturne

Freeze

Out Of The Cradle

Bravest Face

Good News First

We Hold On

BU2B2

Holy Toledo buddy! You nailed it!

I've always wanted Alien Shore, Available Light, Emotion Detector and We Hold On!

Thanks, There are so many combination you can come up with. I really don't see this happening with many other bands. Maybe Yes, Pink Floyd, & Zeppellin, But not with too many bands can you dive so deep into their anthology and still come up with a great songs a consequential setlists to match. Rush is simply Awesome. Even their worse songs (Tai Shan, Speed of Love, Dog Years, The Stars look Down) have something to offer. Of course some songs on that list (Different Strings, Available Light, Cut to the Chase, Alien Shore, Sweet Miracle, Bravest Face) should not even be on that list but I guess they had better songs to play during that tour.

Cut to the Chase is the real surprise out of all of them. That song really should have been played live already.

:notworthy: :haz: :ebert: :yes: :ebert: :haz: :notworthy:

First off lets just admit that this will never happen. I thought he wanted a list of songs rarely or never played in a set. My bad, sorry Net Boy. The way i see it is we will never hear alot of songs in the catalog, but Net Boy you are a total ass to attack me for what i did write. I was making suggestions that is all. How can a band not sound perfect on every tour when at least 10 or more songs are in the bag. For me..... it after 36 shows ,it wears on me. Sorry, I said anything about Tom Sawyer.....wasn`t trying to ruffle feathers, but it appears Net Boy had a problem with my post. My apologies to all you Rush fans , I became a Rush fan because i liked more than a handful of songs. To some they probably would not go if those songs were not in the set list. So make an argument why i should buy another DVD of a tour that contains pretty much 50% of what is on ever other DVD.

Taking out the ones Geddy would struggle with first and narrowing down the list from there, I get came up with this list.

In no particular order:

Face Up

The Big Wheel

Cut To The Chase

Alien Shore

Totem

Peaceable Kingdom

How It Is

Vapor Trail

Sweet Miracle

We Hold On

First off lets just admit that this will never happen. I thought he wanted a list of songs rarely or never played in a set. My bad, sorry Net Boy. The way i see it is we will never hear alot of songs in the catalog, but Net Boy you are a total ass to attack me for what i did write. I was making suggestions that is all. How can a band not sound perfect on every tour when at least 10 or more songs are in the bag. For me..... it after 36 shows ,it wears on me. Sorry, I said anything about Tom Sawyer.....wasn`t trying to ruffle feathers, but it appears Net Boy had a problem with my post. My apologies to all you Rush fans , I became a Rush fan because i liked more than a handful of songs. To some they probably would not go if those songs were not in the set list. So make an argument why i should buy another DVD of a tour that contains pretty much 50% of what is on ever other DVD.

Crush, I understand your point of view but lets face it, Tom Sawyer along with The Spirit of Radio are Rush's most popular songs. They are staples live. I feel if they try to bench either song they'll never hear the end of it. They tried with TSOR on this tour and it came back with a vengence, knocking out a classic like Working Man in its wake.

:finbar: and that's all it is, an opinion, there are 5 songs on their anthology that should always be present at their shows, 2112 Overture/ Temples, The Spirit of Radio, YYZ, Limelight and Tom Sawyer. It just doesn't feel like a RUSH concert without them. Everything else can basically come and go. I loved this tour and its Clockwork 80's setlist and I still felt that Limelight should have made an appearance and occasionally it did. Unfortunately, I feel a few more staples about to join these aforementioned classics. Far Cry, Caravan and Headlong Flight might be here to stay for the rest of their career as well, but thats a whole other different thread all together.

;)

Edited by losingit2k

Nocturne

Chain Lightning

Cut To The Chase

Vapor Trail

Different Strings

Alien Shore

Totem

Losing It

Available Light

The Fountain Of Lamneth

Freeze?? You don't have Freeze on your list!!

As cool as "Freeze" is, it`s not one of mye favorite Rush tracks. I`d rather hear "Nocturne" and "Vapor Trail" played live, believe it or not! :)

Take A Friend

Before And After

Making Memories

Rivendell

The Fountain Of Lamneth

Lessons

Madrigal

Losing It

Second Nature

Cut to The Chase

Nocturne

Chain Lightning

Cut To The Chase

Vapor Trail

Different Strings

Alien Shore

Totem

Losing It

Available Light

The Fountain Of Lamneth

Freeze?? You don't have Freeze on your list!!

As cool as "Freeze" is, it`s not one of mye favorite Rush tracks. I`d rather hear "Nocturne" and "Vapor Trail" played live, believe it or not! :)

Actually its surprising how many songs from Vapor Trails keep showing up on the setlist. I've always maintained that its holds many well written songs just extremely badly produced. Soon that will change, I hope! As for me, I'd like to hear Vapor Trail and Sweet Miracle live.

:ebert:

A final shot!

The Big Wheel

Chain Lightning

Cut to the Chase

Open Secret

Emotion Detector

Losing It

Different Strings (Extended outro Solo)

Sweet Miracle

Neurotica

Available Light

:syrinx:

Edited by losingit2k

The Necromancer (thought this hasn't been played live?)

Lessons

Different Strings

Emotion Detector

Open Secrets

Chain Lighting

Available Light

Everyday Glory

The Color Of Right

Vapor Trail

The Necromancer has been played live back in 1975 and in 1977. Anyway the setlist for the Down the Tubes tour was as follows:

Bastille Day

Anthem

Lakeside Park

The Necromancer

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

Working Man->

Drum Solo

In The Mood

enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur9djRTkYP8

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

My List (Honorable mentions to Making Memories which though I love, does not fit in the set of my other selections, and Freeze, which needs to played with the rest of fear)

Face Up

Chain Lightning

You Bet Your Life

The Colour of Right

Everyday Glory

Red Tide

Available Light

Second Nature

Losing It

Emotion Detector

Take a Friend

Vapor Trail

The Big Wheel

The Fountain of Lamneth

Tears

Losing It

Dog Years

Good News First

Anagram

I went with 9 because I figured playing all of Fountain of Lamneth would limit the time for other songs ;)