Rush for Super Bowl 1/2 time show 2014

losingit2k

They better never never ever play the Superbowl!!!

Agreed. Neil already did the Hockey theme and Rush is regularly played as bumper music on baseball broadcasts. That is plenty. Besides the StupidBowl is stupid.

• Like 1

never happen but ill play

Tom Sawyer

Fly By Night

SOR

Limelight

And if the hall of shame does come calling some day, i hope the boys give them a polite go fluk yourselves!

This would be played for all the masses that would say "Hey! Isn't that...that....song from the Volkswagen commercial?

This would be the only halftime show I'd watch. I didn't even watch the kidney Stones a few years back. If this happened it would be epic enough to have people talking more about it than the lame commercials. But it won't ever happen. The world is too messed up to allow for such awesomeness.
  • Like 1

I thought Rush could have or at least should have been in the running for this years Grey Cup half time show. That's Canadian Superbowl in short. It was the 100th time the game was played, and it was in Toronto, I couldn't think of better circumstances. The opted for Beiber instead (Barf)

And the crowd at the Grey Cup booed the little jerk.

TORONTO - Justin Bieber faced a hostile homecoming at the Grey Cup.

The 18-year-old grew up in nearby Stratford, Ontario, but that didn't help his cause with the rowdy crowd at Toronto's Roger Centre, who took aim at the ubiquitous pop star whenever possible.

They booed when Bieber's face popped up on the JumboTron, and when a host spoke his name at the onset of halftime.

The crowd also booed with extra glee as Bieber took the stage and throughout his medley of the finger-snapping, chart-topping hit "Boyfriend" and the disco-inflected club come-on "Beauty and a Beat."

•  

If Bieber was bothered by the boo-birds, it didn't show, saying "It's an honour to be here at the Grey Cup in Canada."

And, when he said "Make some noise," the crowd obliged ... with more boos.

Seventy-four-year-old Gordon Lightfoot did manage to captivate the crowd, with the Orillia, Ontario native putting in a gentle performance of his iconic 1967 hit "Canadian Railroad Trilogy."

Vancouver pop outfit Marianas Trench was greeted mostly with indifference after their performance, while Carly Rae Jepsen also received a mixed reaction at first.

But Jepsen won the crowd over during an enthusiastic medley of her latest single, "This Kiss," and her dangerously infectious smash hit "Call Me Maybe."

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/justin-bieber-booed-during-grey-cup-halftime-show-1.1053459#ixzz2EKq4KN00

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/justin-bieber-booed-during-grey-cup-halftime-show-1.1053459#ixzz2EKpi7oNh

This would be the only halftime show I'd watch. I didn't even watch the kidney Stones a few years back. If this happened it would be epic enough to have people talking more about it than the lame commercials. But it won't ever happen. The world is too messed up to allow for such awesomeness.

:goodone:

Stones and The Who were okay, but Beyonce?? Please.....

I don't see them ever getting the nod to do the half time show but both Styx and Kiss have played the pre-game show so i could see that as a possibility. if that were the case i could see them playing this set:

Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

One Little Victory (with drum solo beginning)

Working Man

a good mix of early/mid/late :rush: and the drum solo would be a must!

For Gods sake, this will NEVER happen so why even start the topic.

Never say never, They would never play with a String section live!.....NOT!

:bitchslap:

Rush using a string section for THEIR concerts is not comparable with them being asked to play the SB halftime show. Rush is not a sellout mainstream band like The Who or the Black Eyed Peas, and they would not attract mainstream-thinking viewers and advertisers -- advertisers who are paying MILLIONS for 30-second spots. Rush will never be asked to play at the SB.

really, They would never attract mainstream advertisers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V57v_UlaZP0

Nah Never!

:P

• Like 1

Just suspend belief for a second and imagine RUSH get inducted into the RRHOF, then they get asked to do the Super Bowl Half Time Show in 2014 for their 40th Anniversary to embark on their R40 Tour. What four songs would you want them to play live considering the venue?

Place them in order of appearance: I went with:

2112 Overture

Tom Sawyer

Limelight

The Spirit of Radio

:rush: :haz: :rush:

I could see RUSH joining up with someone like Van Halen or Metallica and the half-time show being promoted as the Monsters of Rock / Rock Gods....

It would be cool to see NP and AVH drumming side by side.

Rush using a string section for THEIR concerts is not comparable with them being asked to play the SB halftime show. Rush is not a sellout mainstream band like The Who or the Black Eyed Peas, and they would not attract mainstream-thinking viewers and advertisers -- advertisers who are paying MILLIONS for 30-second spots. Rush will never be asked to play at the SB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLjrNnnhQNk

Nah Never!

This is a really great point.

These two commercials have boosted RUSH's profile in terms of being the band that, though the majority of viewers may only have the vaguest recollection of Tom Sawyer, the band is cooler than ever-- in the viewers' mind.

Apply the advertising-marketing rule of seven (7) and though most consumers might not be able to name or hum one single RUSH song, with these ads, most consumers surely know the name RUSH and can identity them as a successful rock act.

A half-time set with:

*Limelight

*Subdivisions

*Headlong Flight (with NP mini-solo)

*Tom Sawyer

would be a great success.

Edited by ThinkingBig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLjrNnnhQNk

Nah Never!

This is a really great point.

These two commercials have boosted RUSH's profile in terms of being the band that, though the majority of viewers may only have the vaguest recollection of Tom Sawyer, the band is cooler than ever-- in the viewers' mind.

Apply the advertising-marketing rule of seven (7) and though most consumers might not be able to name or hum one single RUSH song, with these ads, most consumers surely know the name RUSH and can identity them as a successful rock act.

A half-time set with:

*Limelight

*Subdivisions

*Headlong Flight (with NP mini-solo)

*Tom Sawyer

would be a great success.

And now that they will be inducted in the RRHOF, they will be even more incline to stay in the Limelight!

Reporter: "Neil, now that you have been inducted into the RRHOF, what are you going to do next".

Neil: "I'm going to Disneyland!"

$$$

If they play the Superbowl, then kiss yer butt goodbye, Why?

Because IT'S THE APOCALYPSE!!!!!! :outtahere: :outtahere: :outtahere:

Don't do it :rush: Please don't :scared:

Excellent topic mr. 2k. Rush does deserve a spot in that SB stage. They had Michael Jackson, why not Rush?

Isn't the YBG going to do an article on this and the recent RRHOF induction? Edited by default236
  • Like 1

The Apocalypse? Wow thats kinda harsh!

:fury:

When I think Rush, I don't think the Superbowl. It's not ugly, It's just.....void.

The 1/2 time show is a pain the ass, actually. It's a half hour for people to eat and go to the bathroom. They should put up a test pattern or a yule log for a half hour and stop wasting everybody's time.

When I think Rush, I don't think the Superbowl. It's not ugly, It's just.....void.

The 1/2 time show is a pain the ass, actually. It's a half hour for people to eat and go to the bathroom. They should put up a test pattern or a yule log for a half hour and stop wasting everybody's time.

That makes no sense.

The Super-Bowl has become one of the most watched televised events. It's an event. People watch for the spectacle. It doesn't feel like a RUSH moment, but still, a RUSH-Metallica-Van Halen jam could be cool.

It takes a good half-hour to inject novocain in the linemen's knees and the defensive coaches need to plug the holes. That's Pro-Football—the possibility that the 2nd half could offer a comeback or down to the last play contest.

That makes no sense.

The Super-Bowl has become one of the most watched televised events. It's an event. People watch for the spectacle. It doesn't feel like a RUSH moment, but still, a RUSH-Metallica-Van Halen jam could be cool.

It takes a good half-hour to inject novocain in the linemen's knees and the defensive coaches need to plug the holes. That's Pro-Football—the possibility that the 2nd half could offer a comeback or down to the last play contest.

I don't link American Football and Rush. I just don't. That's just me.

If they nixed playing their home country's olympic games because of pretaping, etc. I don't see them playing the Bowl.

Sorry, but Rush at the 1/2 time show would not be a waste of my time. It will actually make me watch for once.

:codger:

Lighten up people.

We all know that it will never happen (hell, they won't even get to the Grey Cup half time show) so let's have some fun with it:

The Fountain of Lamneth

Cygnus X1 Book 1

Cygnus X1 Book 2 Hemispheres

Someone would have to tell all those 350 lb linemen that this year's halftime show is 70 minutes long.

Rush fans would be ecstatic and everyone else would be going WTF?

And the geeks shall inherit the earth

Excellent topic mr. 2k. Rush does deserve a spot in that SB stage. They had Michael Jackson, why not Rush?

Isn't the YBG going to do an article on this and the recent RRHOF induction?

They were on this topic, but due to deadlines and other minutia, L2K beat them to the punch—Well done L2K!!!
  • Like 1

Isn't the YBG going to do an article on this and the recent RRHOF induction?

They were on this topic, but due to deadlines and other minutia, L2K beat them to the punch—Well done L2K!!!

Well YBG is covering their appearance on SNL - Opening night 2013 season right?

:drool: