SHOWTECH'S Meet & Greet "BIG LET DOWN".

got rush?

While trying to quote USB CONNECTOR , The following never made it to post:

I too have doubts about when or if they will ever make good on this. My only contact is via email even after I gave them my phone#

In every email since. (15-20 times).

They have only offered M&G in future. ( last email).

Now their is NO talk of 3 guys signing a Tourbook, as it state in a email received.

We are exchanging emails that's it.

Waiting 2-3 years for the wrong to be made right , THAT SUCKS A BIG ONE.

We where devastated that it happened. When SHOWTIME was nearing (6:45 pm) it struck me that maybe I would have better luck inside where the band was. I had tickets in my pocket. Once inside NOBODY wanted to help.

As fans you have to understand that we felt embarrassed, angry, hurt and devasted all at once.

The excitement started when I received the email stating "YOU ARE THE POTENTIAL WINNER", on Mon 26.

I returned all items needed to be confirmed as a winner. That same day I received email stating" all items are received, tomorrow you will be confirmed as winner". The next day I received the confirmation with the instructions on when and where to go.

All week up until Thursday then Friday, Saturday and off to Houston.

It did take a lot of energy not to run back stage screaming and cursing to anyone who would listen.

Not till after the show did guest relations finally tell me without a doubt that they (M&G) was never there.

I'm not going to lie and say we did not cause a scene. WE DID. We where exhausted once the show started.

I would like to thank all of OUR RUSH FAMILY for all the input on this. It's all welcomed. RUSH FANS do stick together. When 1 is hurt we all are hurt. THANK YOU AGAIN.

Before I go Have any of you been following the RUSH BACKSTAGE CLUB Facebook page. Every time a show is within a few days away, they announce who the winner was for that Venue. Every winner who won M &G, their name is posted on that sight.

Just go on Facebook and under FIND FRIEND type RUSH BACKSTAGE CLUB and the site will pop up.

You will notice that all the winners, with the exception of San Antonio, was posted within 1-2 days of show.

My name was never posted. Strange ?? WAYNE BURNS

In San Diego we had 2nd row left of Alex(looking at stage). Some of the best seats we have had. With the exception of maybe

THE GORGE - 2011--3rd row - RIGHT IN FRONT OF GEDDY. On RUSH.COM they took our pix holding up signs. Check it out.

scheming watchmaker,

While the failed M&G was indeed a big letdown, and we all wish it had turned out differently for you, there's no reason to spam the forum with multiple threads about it. This one thread is sufficient.

I removed your other three threads. Please don't start any more.

And...while I was typing this and removing those threads, you started more. So I suspended your posting ability for a couple of hours in a effort to stem the tide, so to speak.

Yeah...being upset and getting justice is one thing...going on a childish rant over and over and over is another. Hard to feel sorry for someone for long when one is overloaded with it...know what I mean?

Time to be adult-like and get what is deserving. Although I am thinking that this was a scam right from the beginning...you may have been duped.

Why would showtech intentionally dupe him? It's simply a screw-up. It's totally inexcusable, but it does happen. They are offering to make it up, which is better than doing nothing. No one else is coming forward with this sort of trouble from winning a contest there, so it was probably a fluke. Believe me I know what it's like to have your Rush hopes dashed--I was dumb enough to spend a small fortune months in advance to get M&G passes only to be told the week of the show that the "tour promoter" couldn't make it happen, and I'd be getting all my money back. Except I never got my money back and am now starting a fraud claim thru my bank. So as bad as it is, know that it could be much worse. (and yeah, before people chime in with "that's what you get for paying so much for a crummy 30 second photo op," I learned that lesson already the hard way--never again. hopefully my bank helps me out on this one--they'd want that much money in their bank, I'm sure).

I would like to apologize to anyone I might have pissed off especially the moderator 1001001.

Since all this happened I have been going thru a roller coaster of emotions.

Showtech has been fair with it and has sent a email stating they will honor M&G at venue of my choice

and Tourbook signed. Only time will tell.

I have my let my emotions get the best of me. Our weekend in Houston was a blast.

It was hard dealing with all the issues at hand. I am thankful for having a place to voice my experiences.

I've known the people at Showtech for many years and if they say they'll do something to make it right, they will.

No doubt somebody dropped the ball and I'm sure they are not happy about it either.

Make sure to keep in touch with them next year after the dates are announced and your plans are set and they will hook you up.

I really do hope it was not a hoax - that would really stink. Furthermore, I do hope that in some way this wrong is righted.

I personally would probably not spend more than 2 hrs. being ticked. I do not idolize people to the point that I get bent out of shape being denied 15 seconds with the "famous." These guys are human just like any one of us...they just happen to play music pretty well.

Sorry....

It's too bad you can't sneak down back stage like we did back in the day. Got to meet Al and Ged.

Nice!

I was able to park backstage next to Neil's bus on the Vapor Trails Tour.

I met Neil for a few seconds and then he recoiled back into his bus.

It was EPIC!

Perhaps they should place Nobody's Hero into the set.

I sat next to Antonio Banderas in a small cafe in NYC once - never bothered him nor gave him any sort of recognition. I simply read the Daily......

I was in a foursome behind Alice Cooper when he was in town for a County Fair concert a few yars ago. Never took a pic and never asked for an autograph.

Some of the comments around here regardingt meeting "The Boys" really frighten me.

Perhaps they should place Nobody's Hero into the set.

I sat next to Antonio Banderas in a small cafe in NYC once - never bothered him nor gave him any sort of recognition. I simply read the Daily......

I was in a foursome behind Alice Cooper when he was in town for a County Fair concert a few yars ago. Never took a pic and never asked for an autograph.

NOW THAT'S FUNNY. :)))

For me, not getting the M&G I was expecting was not a very big deal--just a minor disappointment. The being essentially robbed part chapped my ass quite a bit though. But I think I might actually get my cash back, so it'll all be good if that happens. I would really like a chance to update Geddy on events since 18 years ago, since my main statement to him was a thanks for inspiring me to be a musician, and how many great things I got to experience as a result, and my hope at the time to make a full time career out of it. It didn't pan out exactly that way, but my band did get a segment on TV, and our music is all over the place (TV, movies, video games), even though no one realizes they've ever heard us or has any clue who we are.

It's been 2 weeks since this happened.

I decided to email them to sorta stay in touch.

They emailed back and said "On the next tour email us so we can replace your M&G".

They said nothing of a signed Tourbook.

Showtech management emailed me right

after it happened to say in so many words

"Sorry it happened" and "We will make it right"

and "You will get what we promised" and "Stop all the emails".

I admit showing my ass a few days after this happened. All I wanted was a explanation as to

WHY !!

I am all better now.