SHOWTECH'S Meet & Greet "BIG LET DOWN".

got rush?

When I first read email that I had won M & G passes, all I could think of was getting home to tell my wife what has happened.

I had won Showtech.com's contest for Houston, TX show Dec 2, 2012.

After seeing the show in Universal city, San Diego and Atlanta, I entered the venue closet to home which was Houston, TX

1 week before show(Monday), I received the email stating I had won M & G --Houston.

I emailed back all info needed and received confirmation on Tuesday that I was CONFIRMED as the

winnner.

Off to Houston we go. the last show of 2012, we was excited.

We stay at the Hilton and make HUGE SIGNS and put it in our 22nd floor window R U S H.

On the email it says "pick up M&G and instructions at 5:30 pm. I was in front of will-call at 4:45 pm asking everybody and anybody about M&G. No one knew anything, except "they will be here at 5:30.

The persons behind window seen me pace from window to window asking for any info.

5:30 came and passed then 6:00 pm. 6:30, 7:00 and 7:15. NO M&G FOR ME.

After all this time had passed, it was time to accept that someone had dropped the ball on my M&G.

The show started and all of my woes passed quick.

The boys where at their best!! The show was spectacular (As always).

I emailed my Showtech contact name and she returned my email.

Having this happen really sucked. Just the idea of meeting your all time favorite band is mind blowing.

Showtech did say that "we are sorry, and we will make the M&G up next tour. They also said I would receive a Tourbook signed by the 3 guys!!!

I just don't know if I can believe them again. You just don't treat fans like this, ESPECIALLY RUSH FANS!

I will keep what happens posted on this site.

Until then, RUSH ON.

When I first read email that I had won M & G passes, all I could think of was getting home to tell my wife what has happened.

I had won Showtech.com's contest for Houston, TX show Dec 2, 2012.

After seeing the show in Universal city, San Diego and Atlanta, I entered the venue closet to home which was Houston, TX

1 week before show(Monday), I received the email stating I had won M & G --Houston.

I emailed back all info needed and received confirmation on Tuesday that I was CONFIRMED as the

winnner.

Off to Houston we go. the last show of 2012, we was excited.

We stay at the Hilton and make HUGE SIGNS and put it in our 22nd floor window R U S H.

On the email it says "pick up M&G and instructions at 5:30 pm. I was in front of will-call at 4:45 pm asking everybody and anybody about M&G. No one knew anything, except "they will be here at 5:30.

The persons behind window seen me pace from window to window asking for any info.

5:30 came and passed then 6:00 pm. 6:30, 7:00 and 7:15. NO M&G FOR ME.

After all this time had passed, it was time to accept that someone had dropped the ball on my M&G.

The show started and all of my woes passed quick.

The boys where at their best!! The show was spectacular (As always).

I emailed my Showtech contact name and she returned my email.

Having this happen really sucked. Just the idea of meeting your all time favorite band is mind blowing.

Showtech did say that "we are sorry, and we will make the M&G up next tour. They also said I would receive a Tourbook signed by the 3 guys!!!

I just don't know if I can believe them again. You just don't treat fans like this, ESPECIALLY RUSH FANS!

I will keep what happens posted on this site.

Until then, RUSH ON.

That totally sucks dude!

I would have been furious!

Please let us know if and when you get that signed tour book.

That would truly restore faith in the Blowtech I mean Showtech Corporation!

At least the boys put on a great show as usual!

Rush Rules!

We where beyond furious !!!!

It almost ruined our night.

My wife of 26 years (and legally blind) was crying like a school girl.

She wanted vindication on the spot.

The Box Office Supervisor told me "your tix for M&G was never there to give you Mr Burns".

That is when I knew beyond a doubt Showtech had never sent them.

My wife reminded me, "We have shirts from Showtech, shoelaces from Showtech belt buckle, tour lanyard, socks, cap & S&A shorts.

ALL FROM SHOWTECH.COM.

That is a tremendous letdown. You would think they would have had it together on thier M&G's at this point of the tour. I've always had good luck with Showtech and feel like they are as in with the band as any I've dealt with any other act short of Metallica. I'm sure you will be takin care of by them and hey, if nothing else, that sound like as sure a confimation of a second leg as anything. They do work directly with the band and mgnt.

No, she would not cry at a Rush show. She got emotional just before the lights went down.

I won't tell her I read this about her. Se has a forked tongue and packs a mean punch. Lol Ha Ha.

No, she would not cry at a Rush show. She got emotional just before the lights went down.

I won't tell her I read this about her. Se has a forked tongue and packs a mean punch. Lol Ha Ha.

We saw the show at Gibson and San Diego.

Wow. That is a crazy story! I think it says quite a bit about you that you chose to handle it the way you did - very well. Kudos to both of you!. It is excellent you didn't let it ruin your night and you still enjoyed the concert. A signed tour book as consolation is pretty good, I think, and hopefully the promoter will stick to their word on both counts (the tour book and a M&G on the next tour/leg).

:cheers:

I am sure you will get the singed tour book and I am sure you will get the M&G.

A huge f**k up indeed and knowing Rush they will make good on this through their management.

The wife and I will go anywhere to see RUSH.

If the money holds up we will go.

I do believe THEY will make it up.

It sure doesn't hurt any less. My wife took it hard.

Sorry...but going from M&G down to a signed tourbook is not an acceptable gesture in "making good." RUSH is still my ultimate band, but how their people and associates treat the fans (VIP Packages as an example of poor quality, fly by M&G's) is really a shame.

Sorry....but just an opinion from a fan.

I'm so sorry for you and Karin! What a let-down! It's too bad you couldn't have gotten showtech on the phone while you were waiting for your M&G passes, but I'm sure they were probably closed for the day.

I hope you get your chance ont he 2nd leg. Hugs to Karin!!!

I hope showtech give you the M&G for the next tour as promised. Make sure you keep as much written evidence as possible.

I always do. My father taught me young about paperwork.

Showtech has sent multiple emails since.

Made plenty promises but never accepted blame.

I hope showtech give you the M&G for the next tour as promised. Make sure you keep as much written evidence as possible.

I always do. My father taught me young about paperwork.

Showtech has sent multiple emails since.

Made plenty promises but never accepted blame.

Sounds like they might try to dodge it next tour. Make sure you contact them the moment you buy tickets to a show notifying them of what show you're going to and when and contact them at the first sign of something being wrong. I really hope this turns out for you.

Look on the bright side: you have an excuse to see Rush again, you'll be getting to see them close up AND nab a free tour book signed by all 3. I would wait a year or two for this.

Sounds like they might try to dodge it next tour. Make sure you contact them the moment you buy tickets to a show notifying them of what show you're going to and when and contact them at the first sign of something being wrong. I really hope this turns out for you.

Look on the bright side: you have an excuse to see Rush again, you'll be getting to see them close up AND nab a free tour book signed by all 3. I would wait a year or two for this.

Well I really hope your wrong and I do respect and admire any RUSH FAN for their opinion.

I too have doubts about when or if they will ever make good on this.

My only contact at SHOWTECH M is by email only after I gave them my phone # 15-20 times. ( Every email)

They have only offered M&G Passes in future. (Their first email)

We are exchanging emails now.

No talk of 3 guys signatures on Tourbook now.(last email)

As for waiting for two-three years to fix this wrong into a right? That Totally SUCKS A BIG ONE.

My wife Karin was asking me "Why are they doing this to us" and "Don't let them treat us like this"as this was playing out Saturday p.m.

As fans you have to understand that we felt embarrassed and hurt at the same time. The excitement started when I won Monday week.

It lasted all week as Thursday and Friday was here and we going to meet The Three Wise Men, short yes but WE WHERE EXCITED !!

Scheming,

Well, I came on here to see how your awesome M & G went! Boy, what a F'g disappointment! Someone dropped the ball big time here and should be fired! Just ridicious after everything "was confirmed via email". Very surprising to say the least. I hope you & Karin had a blast at the show regardless. I would have killed someone! Make sure you hound them once the new shows near you (Houston) are announced. Please keep us Rush freaks in the loop with this... :popcorn:

Here's a hug for both you and Karin...

:hug2:

:haz: :rush: :rush: :haz:

We where beyond furious !!!!

It almost ruined our night.

My wife of 26 years (and legally blind) was crying like a school girl.

She wanted vindication on the spot.

The Box Office Supervisor told me "your tix for M&G was never there to give you Mr Burns".

That is when I knew beyond a doubt Showtech had never sent them.

My wife reminded me, "We have shirts from Showtech, shoelaces from Showtech belt buckle, tour lanyard, socks, cap & S&A shorts.

ALL FROM SHOWTECH.COM.

I know my friend. I buy a ton of Rush stuff from Showtech too.

I won't give them another dime until they make everything right for you guys.

Keep us posted!

It might be worth it to try and get Showtech to mail you the M&G passes (with tracking number) next time around versus picking them up at the venue. If you let them know what show you will be attending, they should be able to provide them to you ahead of time.

It might be worth it to try and get Showtech to mail you the M&G passes (with tracking number) next time around versus picking them up at the venue. If you let them know what show you will be attending, they should be able to provide them to you ahead of time.

They cannot and will not do that.

Passes are issued the day of the show by the Tour Manager (or their staff) and are very closely monitored.

You guys did handle that very graciously. I would have been devastated. Just considering it is a dream of mine, just to have a pic next to Geddy and Alex to cherish, ugh I would have been in tears. They better make it up to you! Hey where were you guys sitting in San Diego?