Autograph Success

dayglow76

Lots of success stories on the autographs thread, but I struck out sending something to Seattle (hemispheres cd booklet). Someone else got a signed album from Seattle so I can't say WTF happened, but obviously there are no guarantees.

I sent an album cover and letter asking for an autograph to the Toyota Center in Houston. I just received the envelope back today!!!!!!

However, when I opened it up, the album cover was there, but left unsigned. Needless to say I am bummed out. I was surprised that they sent it back to me, though.

Maybe I can try again another time.

Try again!!!! As I mentioned above, I sent a CD booklet to Seattle and it never came back. Almost a full 4 weeks later now, and I get home late from playing a Jazz gig tonight to find a very tattered self-addressed media mailer in my mailbox with a completely shattered generic CD case inside containing this:

401677_10200183964548299_1413717388_n.jpg

I'm totally psyched, and my faith in humanity has been restored!! Now where's that crow...I'm a bit peckish.

I sent an album cover and letter asking for an autograph to the Toyota Center in Houston. I just received the envelope back today!!!!!!

However, when I opened it up, the album cover was there, but left unsigned. Needless to say I am bummed out. I was surprised that they sent it back to me, though.

Maybe I can try again another time.

I had slightly better luck. I sent the CA cd booklet and the CA tour book to San Antonio. I got them both back. Neil and Alex signed the booklet, no Geddy. Geddy and Alex signed the tour book, no Neil. Don’t get me wrong, I’m very happy with the items and I understand that the guys are not always on hand at the same time to sign stuff. But, I was hoping to get all three signatures on each item.

I thought I might send them to one of the venues next year when they tour North America and ask for the missing signature. My wife says that might piss them off. Or I might send several different things to different venues and try my luck that way.

What would you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance to all that reply.

Don't worry—read my posts about this. It took 3 and a half weeks for my small envelope to reach me even though someone not far from me got their album cover in one week from the same show. Also keep in mind that we are in full holiday mode, and the USPS is probably getting ten times as many parcels and cards to deliver, so it may slow down yours. More likely they'd send it back unsigned than discard it.

I am more worried that it didn't make it through the process at the MGM. I only got it there three days before the show....likely didn't get sorted. Wonder what happens to mail at a facility like the MGM if it never makes it to the intended party? They (the MGM) surely won't send it on without paid postage, they can't open it, and not really sure if they can throw it away can they?

I am going to be in Vegas the third week in January. Half tempted to call the mail room at the MGM and ask them to hold on to it for me!

Any thoughts?

Lots of success stories on the autographs thread, but I struck out sending something to Seattle (hemispheres cd booklet). Someone else got a signed album from Seattle so I can't say WTF happened, but obviously there are no guarantees.

I would love to know why some items are signed while others aren't. I have had a few tour books signed plus Neil signed one of his books for me. One time I sent Alex my copy of TSOR guitar sheet music to be signed. His guitar on this song is what made me a Rush fan when I was a teenager and it meant a lot to me. I wanted this signed and framed in my house alongside my other signed pieces. It was going to be something I was so proud to own yet it came back unsigned. I thought maybe it was a simple oversight so mailed it again to a different venue (both times with a note explaining what this song meant to me). Both times it was sent back, unsigned. I was seriously crushed and have since been wondering why in the world Alex wouldn't sign this??

I had contacted both venues beforehand ensuring that items mailed to artists were delivered to them. Besides, one time I had also sent a tourbook along with the sheet music and the tourbook came back, signed.