The Yukon Blade Grinder--Tour Edition

Tombstone Mountain

What a great country you have :sundog:

You obviously haven't heard Aussie music {vomit.jpg}.

Years ago a local music store owner (and huge Rush fan) had a petition going for Rush to tour for ASOH.

Hey now, I LOVE Men at Work.

Really? You couldn't have gone with AC-DC?

:facepalm:

Yeah I was gonna list them, but they just ain't my cup of tea. I enjoyed them when I was a teenager and before I got hit with the RUSH virus. Seriously, they just make me wanna drink beer and moon the man!!!

Moon away dude! Moon Away!

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

Its like the last show of the Rockettes up there!

• Like 1

"they have an opportunity that few have ever received—an experimental ride on the International Space Station. Inspiration has been a moving target for music material for the band, and they figure this is the best way to get the most out of their talents"

If they could only go back and add to the Signals/PermWaves catalogue

"they have an opportunity that few have ever received—an experimental ride on the International Space Station. Inspiration has been a moving target for music material for the band, and they figure this is the best way to get the most out of their talents"

If they could only go back and add to the Signals/PermWaves catalogue

GeminiRising how honored I am to have you actually read a Blade Grinder...would you like to be a reporter for us? It'll be good for you to actually report on the band you love SO much

More Grinder....more Grinder!!!!!!!!! Print man....PRINT!

:rush:

thank-you grendel. Hell yeah let's print it!!! Oh wait...the print media is going the way of the do do bird....what to do? I know....put it on TRF!!!!

This was a great one TM.

Well done!

• Like 1

What Happens after the Vortex? Space—The Final Frontier

When the Clockwork Angels tour finally winds down, and the boys from the band get sick of droning home life routines, they have an opportunity that few have ever received—an experimental ride on the International Space Station. Inspiration has been a moving target for music material for the band, and they figure this is the best way to get the most out of their talents. With the advent of the band getting nominated for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and whispers of Grammy nominations, Rush is in rarified air. However, the honors just don’t stop in this earthly realm.

On the ISS, 2112 has replaced the standard music that greets the astronauts every morning when the wake up. “Thus Spake Zarathustra” and “Blue Danube Waltz” were the staples of morning rituals according to NASA, but they felt it was time to modernize this modern machinery. Buzz Aldrin, famed moonwalker and pilot, had this to say, “When you’re up in space music is so important. It keeps you connected with life down on planet earth. However, in this new era, astronauts want something a little more current than the classical staples of yesteryear. Good luck with that, that bands music just sounds like static to me”

So, naturally Rush was the perfect fit. In response to reports that the band will be traveling in space, underrated and under appreciated guitarist Alex Lifeson, offered these tidbits on what the band will be doing on ISS. “Canada participates in the ISS program and we’re all big sci-fi nerds. As part of our honors from the Canadian government we’ve been selected to participate in the ISS program."

The Yukon Blade Grinder broke it here first!!!

Canadian Cosmonaut Chris Hadfield Talks About Rush From Space

http://news.cygnus-x1.net/Canadian Cosmonaut Chris Hadfield Talks About Rush Canadian Cosmonaut Chris Hadfield Talks About Rush From Space

CBC Music ran a piece today on Chris Hadfield, the Canadian Cosmonaut who is currently aboard the ISS (International Space Station). In the segment, Chris talks about his musical influences, focusing largely on Canadian acts. The cosmonaut reveals that Rush was among his earliest influences.

From the article:

"It’s no secret that Canadian prog rockers Rush are big fans of space exploration, whether it’s 1976’s 2112, the space rock opera that thrust them into stardom, or 1982’s “Countdown,” a song that describes the launch of space shuttle Columbia that the band watched from a VIP area at the Kennedy Space Center.

It’s only fitting that Rush would, in turn, influence Canadian cosmonaut Chris Hadfield, who says he started listening to them in high school and was drawn to the band’s “incredible originality and dissatisfaction with normal” in a new video post he’s made from aboard the International Space Station..."

http://news.cygnus-x1.net/ From Space

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

What Happens after the Vortex? Space—The Final Frontier

When the Clockwork Angels tour finally winds down, and the boys from the band get sick of droning home life routines, they have an opportunity that few have ever received—an experimental ride on the International Space Station. Inspiration has been a moving target for music material for the band, and they figure this is the best way to get the most out of their talents. With the advent of the band getting nominated for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and whispers of Grammy nominations, Rush is in rarified air. However, the honors just don’t stop in this earthly realm.

On the ISS, 2112 has replaced the standard music that greets the astronauts every morning when the wake up. “Thus Spake Zarathustra” and “Blue Danube Waltz” were the staples of morning rituals according to NASA, but they felt it was time to modernize this modern machinery. Buzz Aldrin, famed moonwalker and pilot, had this to say, “When you’re up in space music is so important. It keeps you connected with life down on planet earth. However, in this new era, astronauts want something a little more current than the classical staples of yesteryear. Good luck with that, that bands music just sounds like static to me”

So, naturally Rush was the perfect fit. In response to reports that the band will be traveling in space, underrated and under appreciated guitarist Alex Lifeson, offered these tidbits on what the band will be doing on ISS. “Canada participates in the ISS program and we’re all big sci-fi nerds. As part of our honors from the Canadian government we’ve been selected to participate in the ISS program."

The Yukon Blade Grinder broke it here first!!!

Canadian Cosmonaut Chris Hadfield Talks About Rush From Space

http://news.cygnus-x1.net/Canadian Cosmonaut Chris Hadfield Talks About Rush Canadian Cosmonaut Chris Hadfield Talks About Rush From Space

CBC Music ran a piece today on Chris Hadfield, the Canadian Cosmonaut who is currently aboard the ISS (International Space Station). In the segment, Chris talks about his musical influences, focusing largely on Canadian acts. The cosmonaut reveals that Rush was among his earliest influences.

From the article:

"It’s no secret that Canadian prog rockers Rush are big fans of space exploration, whether it’s 1976’s 2112, the space rock opera that thrust them into stardom, or 1982’s “Countdown,” a song that describes the launch of space shuttle Columbia that the band watched from a VIP area at the Kennedy Space Center.

It’s only fitting that Rush would, in turn, influence Canadian cosmonaut Chris Hadfield, who says he started listening to them in high school and was drawn to the band’s “incredible originality and dissatisfaction with normal” in a new video post he’s made from aboard the International Space Station..."

http://news.cygnus-x1.net/ From Space

Follow the link to see the pic