SPOLIER! I Thought This Was The "Signals" 30th Anniversary, Not "Power Windows!"

RUSHHEAD666

I got a text from one of my buddies the other day telling me that the boys played "Middletown Dreams in Arizona.

I wanted to die.

There is proof somewhere on this Forum that I have been dying to see this song played again. I've written a few threads about it over the years!

To think I was going to hop of a plane from Vegas and go to AZ for the show!

I decided not to be selfish and fly back to Oakland with my wife.

I guess the "Good News First" is that they obviously filmed that song live! Hope it makes the final cut. If not I am sure "Middletown Dreams" will be in the blu-ray bonus section!!

Speaking of which I am quite blown away that they played five "Power Windows' songs during that PHX gig!

WTF?

Is it 1985 all over again? Personally I love it! Perhaps they will do "Emotional Detector" next!

Anyway I find it interesting to note that it's actually the "Signals" 30th Anniversary yet they have decided to play most of the "Power Windows" album. Strange, but cool.

Perhaps they will play more "Signals" cuts in the summer on the second leg.

I'm all for "Chemistry" too.

Most of you know by now my feelings on "Losing It." A depressing song to some but to most Rush fans it's bloody brilliant.

I had to put on "Power Windows" tonight. I have to hear "Middletown Dreams."

Damn I wish I went!

RUSH ON!

Yes, Middletown has been getting played every other show since the the tour started. They play it after Grand Designs and for the first month or so of the tour they were rotating it every other night with The Body Electric. Starting with my show in Buffalo last month they decided to drop TBE in favor of doing Limelight. Not it seems LL is rotated every other show with Middletown. I really wanted to see TBE at my show and was a little disappointed when they didn't do it, but I guess they felt the first set needed an extra hit to liven up the crowd so they started throwing LL in.

There's been a few other songs they're rotating every other night as well:

Bravado/The Pass

Seven Cities Of Gold/Wish Them Well

Manhattan Project/Dreamline

It looks like you got the same set both times, Earl.

Love the "love" that PoW has been receiving this tour! One of my favorite albums, and a highly under rated one IMO. Can't wait to hear what these brilliant songs sound like (Houston) with a modern Alex twist. It's odd, but I'll actually be disappointed if they play LL in Houston. Love the song, but I've heard it a gazillion times. Of course, if they do, it will replace a GUP song, but it's one of my old faves (TBE). Oh, well. If they do, I'm sure I'll enjoy it while it's happening!

I love Power Windows I wish I was at the Phoenix show where 5 of the songs were played. I hope Middletown Dreams is played next year, if they swap other songs in and out I'd be fine with that.

Are we gonna get rid of the Spoiler alerts when this leg of the tour is over or do we have to label it until next years tour is complete.

Personally I don't care what they play anymore.

If you had told me 25 years ago that I would have another full leg of a tour supporting a killer new album in 2013 I would have said you were crazy. I'm grateful they're still around and touring and that I get to enjoy my favorite band a little longer.

Remember, it was a mere 11 years ago that none of us knew if we'd ever see this band live again.

We're lucky.

• Like 2

May be a bit of an overall celebration of the "Synth era"... 30 years since Signals (which sort of celebrates the beginning of the more dominant synth period) through to 25 years since the Live album that summed up that period (Show of Hands). For me personally the peak of this era was Power Windows.

I would have preferred Signals to Power Windows myself, but I quite enjoyed all the PW tracks

Again, I was just happy to get something different - Granted I would have prefered a setlist of only pre 81 material, but I knew that wasn't going to happen. PW is a great album and I like that they added crunchier guitars for the tour fo those tracks

Starting with my show in Buffalo last month they decided to drop TBE in favor of doing Limelight. Not it seems LL is rotated every other show with Middletown. I really wanted to see TBE at my show and was a little disappointed when they didn't do it, but I guess they felt the first set needed an extra hit to liven up the crowd so they started throwing LL in.

they played TBE in Los Angeles.

It's like history repeating itself in a good way. The first time I saw Rush in concert was the Power Windows tour. I think the Rush forum is one of the few I've been where my age is average and not "Old" lol. By the way I'm curious as to the average age on this board.

Made it to two shows on this tour and got to see every song in rotation except for Middletown Dreams. It would have been nice to get that one as well and I'm guessing I wont get another chance to see it, but I can't complain at all. The TBE/Manhattan rotation I saw was quite possibly the best set I've ever seen them do in the last 10 years since my first Rush show. Can't wait to catch it on the DVD.

It's like history repeating itself in a good way. The first time I saw Rush in concert was the Power Windows tour. I think the Rush forum is one of the few I've been where my age is average and not "Old" lol. By the way I'm curious as to the average age on this board.

I'm 46, but who's counting?

• Like 1

Whether I see the band on the second leg (after seeing them twice already on the first) is predicated on one of two things happening:

1)they decide to play radio city music hall (a rumor on here that is far from being confirmed)

2)they substitute a couple of those PoW songs (or others) for more Signals tunes to mark the 30th anniversary (its my all time favorite album).

No guarantee either will happen. I think we can expect a 2-3 song setlist change (per usual) but who knows what that will be.

Edited by greg2112

I saw them opening night. I'll sum it up with one word: BALSY

• Started the show with seven synth-era songs (which have not generally been as well received live).
  • Nine new songs in a row.
  • Orchestra.
  • Two more synth era songs after all the new stuff (Instead of diving into mainstream classics).
  • Four Power Windows songs.
  • Only four pre-Signals songs total (and none until the 22nd song in the set).
  • Only one song from the 1970s (until 2112 was played at the next show).

Each of those alone is noteworthy, but for them to do all that at one show is just stunning. And looking at the rest of the tour:

• Ten new songs (nine per night except for them playing all ten in Dallas).
  • Five Power Windows songs, alternating between playing three and four each night (except for them playing all five in Phoenix). Their last to go Platinum before RTB, but not widely considered a classic.

I'm glad they decided to celebrate the synth era (that had been underrepresented in recent tours), particularly Power Windows.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/393-age-and-sex-poll/

It really didn't dawn on me they played the five songs from Power Windows in Phoenix until I read this thread. The show, especially the first set, was extremely refreshing after seeing many of the same songs multiple times. That being said I could really dig seeing Mystic Rhythms and New World Man again, I would also love a Weapon.

Made it to two shows on this tour and got to see every song in rotation except for Middletown Dreams. It would have been nice to get that one as well and I'm guessing I wont get another chance to see it, but I can't complain at all. The TBE/Manhattan rotation I saw was quite possibly the best set I've ever seen them do in the last 10 years since my first Rush show. Can't wait to catch it on the DVD.

I was fortunate enough to see 3 shows in a row....and got all Five songs in rotation (excluding Working Man from the first few shows)

Limelight / The Pass / Wish Them Well / Dreamline (B set) in Anaheim...........and...

The Body Electric / Bravado / Seven Cities of Gold / Manhattan Project (A set) in Hollywood..........and....

Middletown Dreams / The Pass / Wish Them Well / Dreamline (B set) in San Diego

http://www.therushfo...e-and-sex-poll/

Thanks for the link. I'm just making the largest percentage lol. In Feb I'll be 46 but don't tell nobody.

I was fortunate enough to see 3 shows in a row....and got all Five songs in rotation (excluding Working Man from the first few shows)

Limelight / The Pass / Wish Them Well / Dreamline (B set) in Anaheim...........and...

The Body Electric / Bravado / Seven Cities of Gold / Manhattan Project (A set) in Hollywood..........and....

Middletown Dreams / The Pass / Wish Them Well / Dreamline (B set) in San Diego

You lucky bastard! I saw "The Body Electric" twice and then as you know "Limelight" in Vegas!

I am hoping for a second leg this summer! I want to go to at least four shows! Two at Red Rocks I hope!!

Cheers!