Opening Songs!

MusicalAbby2112

Which is a better opening song?   

37 members have voted

1. 1. "Subdivisions" or "The Spirit of Radio"?

• Subdivisions
    • The Spirit of Radio

I became a Rush fan because of Subdivisions. I have all their albums and love all their music but that one song has a special place in my heart. Both my dd and I were thrilled when they opened with Subdivisions. Fitting, too, since it is the 30th anniversary of Signals.

Gotta go with Spirit. It's just such a driving song, and it so perfectly sums up what Rush are about musically. It also quite eloquently says "Hello! We're Rush, and we'll be blowing your mind for the rst of the evening!" (I may be biased because it opened the GUP tour, which was the first time I saw them live.)

Spirit of Radio for sure.

In El Paso last year.. Geddy opened with "Off on your way, hit the open road"

I guess it's acceptable to have massive concentration lapse every once in a while. :)

TSOR hands down is a better opener, but I think that they should move around openers and closers without having the same one two times in a row for a given tour. When Far Cry closed the first set it didn't have anywhere near the impact it did the two shows I saw during the TM Tour (it was still amazing, but it didn't have quite the same sense of finality). I would imagine the same would have happened with TSOR as an opener.

i have to say i like both songs equally as much and they both provide a lot of energy but being the first rush show i saw them in (clockwork angels lame i know only 1 rush show!!) id have to say subdivisions!

Love both songs but I would have to say that for an opening song TSOR kicks the night of with high energy while subdivisions is a welcome slow down (still with a good pulse) at the end of the first set. :macallan: + :burger: = :gumby: