How About "High Water?" SPOILER! CAUTION! MIGHT GET WET!

RUSHHEAD666

I can't get enough of "Hold Your Fire" lately.

The album just wrapped up on my home stereo.

So I was thinking that the boys and the Clockwork Orchestra could actually play this one too on the second leg.

I've heard the song hundreds of times in my life but I can heard some strings tonight. Sector Box Remaster.

I know many Rush fans hate this song.

I frigging love it and I hope they dump "Force Ten" and play "High Water."

RUSH RULES!

I, too, like 'High Water'! I haven't understood many others' aversion to this song - it's good! It's got kind of a dreamy, peaceful quality to it. Someone once said that Hold Your Fire is a good album if the last two songs are cut off, but I disagree! I dunno about it in concert, though - it's a bit too slow and atmospheric for the usual Rush energy. I think 'Available Light', as the previous album's closing song, might be a good choice - it builds up and builds up to Geddy's climactic "in the available light" that I think would translate pretty well on stage.

Open Secrets, Second Nature, Prime Mover, Lock and Key, Turn the Page, Tai Shan (yes you heard correctly!) and High Water - I'd be very happy if they were to play any of these songs in the London show next year. Much as I love Force Ten and The Big Money, I think they have been overplayed on past tours and should make way for any of these other gems from that era. Who's with me!? :madra:

I was actually listening to this the other day, and thinking about the song in a live setting. I am thinking of of some other "synth" era songs, ala Between the Wheels, and how much better they sound live with Alex guitar being much more prominent and thick in the live performance. I think this song could be really good with the cool tom work from Neil and some heavy guitar chord riffing from Alex. And it is right in Geddy's present vocal wheelhouse.

Well there are many songs from HYF that I would love to hear live for the first time if not again: Open Secrets, Lock & Key, Prime Mover, Mission even Second Nature and High Water.

for 2nd leg Replace all the Power Window Songs:

The Big Money with Turn The Page

Grand Design with Lock and Key

Middletown Dreams with Open Secrets

Territories with Prime Mover

Manhattan Project with Mission, Second Nature or High Water

:codger:

I would much prefer to hear Tai Shan live.

HYF is a tremendous album but High Water is the low water mark of the album (IMO). Don't hate the song but don't listen to it much either. Just does not do much for me. By far the weakest song on either Power Windows, HYF or Presto.

Hahaha! You are so punny! "low water mark." High Water. Classic.

I too love"Tai Shan." That song is so underrated. The guitar playing on that song is absolutely stunning!

Well there are many songs from HYF that I would love to hear live for the first time if not again: Open Secrets, Lock & Key, Prime Mover, Mission even Second Nature and High Water.

for 2nd leg Replace all the Power Window Songs:

The Big Money with Turn The Page

Grand Design with Lock and Key

Middletown Dreams with Open Secrets

Territories with Prime Mover

Manhattan Project with Mission, Second Nature or High Water

:codger:

Even though Power Windows is one of my all time favorite albums.....I love your choice of replacement songs for the next leg or tour....I saw RUSH three times this tour so I did get my PoW fix. I could hear The Body Electric many times more though.

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz77/tanhuntland/PowerWindows.jpg