*Spoiler* Will Rush Change things up on the 2nd leg of CA Tour?

losingit2k

This is what they should do next leg. Alternate a ton of "b-sides" and add them to the dvd.

Subdivisions

Prime Mover/Open Secrets/Lock & Key

The Enemy Within/Afterimage/Kid Gloves

The Weapon/Red Lenses/Emotion Detector

The Analog Kid/Chemistry/Countdown

Chain Lightning/Red Tide/Available Light

Cut to the Chase/Totem/The Big Wheel

Vapor Trail/Nocturne/Out of the Cradle

YYZ

Limelight/Freewill

Caravan

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

Headlong Flight

The Wreckers

Seven Cities of Gold

The Garden

Xanadu

Jacob's Ladder

Different Strings/Losing It

Hemisphere's Prelude

The Spirit or Radio

Tom Sawyer

2112 Overture-Temples-Finale

Edited by savagegrace26

I would like to see someone with creative energy take the current lists (A & B ) and arrange a show that has the CA material sprinkled throughout as opposed to thrown back-to-back to start 2nd set. Some interesting results may appear.....

I was thinking of that then thought of this, since they have found out the the Clockwork Angels material can hold its own and then some live, I'd like to see the following setlist:

Set 1:

All of Clockwork Angels

(With Strings Secion of Course)

Set 2:

Far Cry

Subdivsions

New World Man

Test for Echo

Cut to the Chase

Vapor Trails

Strings Return to Stage:

Distant Early Warnings (With GUP live intro)

Manhattan Project

Losing It

Nobody's Hero

Dreamline

YYZ

Limelight

Strings Exit Stage Left:

Xanadu (Entire)

The Spirit of Radio

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

2112 O/T/F

:rush: :haz: :rush: :haz: :rush:

Sort of works for me...I would like to think that they'd release a live album with ALL of CA on it...which wouldn't be a big problem as far as I'm concerned... and it also feels like they want to get some of the mid-late 80's stuff on a live album....But I DO think that given the string section, they COULD pull Losing it out of the vault, and give that one a good college try...

If an "R40" kind of tour hits, and it ends up being their "swan song" I REALLY would like to hear more "oldies" than anything else! Ok...DO CA in it's entirety, get it on "tape" LIVE, but let's put it away, and pull some stuff from the vault, to give some of us hard core older fans what we've been DYING to hear live!!

• Like 1

I think they might, but not that much…maybe something like this?

Subdivisions

The Big Money

Force Ten

Distant Early Warning

Mystic Rhythms

Limelight

The Analog Kid

The Pass

Where's My Thing?

Closer to the Heart

Caravan

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

Halo Effect

Wish Them Well

The Garden

The Trees

Drum solo

Red Sector A

YYZ

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

• Like 1

I think they might, but not that much…maybe something like this?

Subdivisions

The Big Money

Force Ten

Distant Early Warning

Mystic Rhythms

Limelight

The Analog Kid

The Pass

Where's My Thing?

Closer to the Heart

Caravan

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

Halo Effect

Wish Them Well

The Garden

The Trees

Drum solo

Red Sector A

YYZ

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

That's Actually a very strong Set list!

:codger: :finbar:

It will be a very similar setlist to the first leg, with substitutes of 3 songs, 4 max. What id like to see most is the first set more Signals heavy than Power Windows heavy -- take out territories, grand designs and manhattan and sub with Weapon, New World Man and Losing It, for instance. Frankly, thats what I thought we'd get in the first place, considering the 30th anniversary of the album Edited by greg2112

This is what they should do next leg. Alternate a ton of "b-sides" and add them to the dvd.

Subdivisions

Prime Mover/Open Secrets/Lock & Key

The Enemy Within/Afterimage/Kid Gloves

The Weapon/Red Lenses/Emotion Detector

The Analog Kid/Chemistry/Countdown

Chain Lightning/Red Tide/Available Light

Cut to the Chase/Totem/The Big Wheel

Vapor Trail/Nocturne/Out of the Cradle

YYZ

Limelight/Freewill

Caravan

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

Headlong Flight

The Wreckers

Seven Cities of Gold

The Garden

Xanadu

Jacob's Ladder

Different Strings/Losing It

Hemisphere's Prelude

The Spirit or Radio

Tom Sawyer

2112 Overture-Temples-Finale

I'd be all for that!! But you're missing Sweet Miracle, Alien Shore and Cold Fire! :codger:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

The whole first set huh? I'm game!

Subdivisions

Limelight

Cut to the Chase

Vapor Trails

Jacobs Ladder

Mal-Nar/ Drum Solo#1

New World Man

Analog Kid

Freewill

Far Cry

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

Alex's solo./Halo Effect

Seven Citiies of Gold

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight / Drum Solo #2

The Garden

Losing It

The Percussor Drum Solo#3

Hemisphere (Prelude)

Xanadu

Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

2112 O/T/F

:drool:

Sorry, once I got going I couldn't stop myself!

:chickendance: :dweez: :7up: :yay:

LLLLLLOOOOOOOOVVVE this setlist!!

It is still the Clockwork Angels tour, so don't see them dropping any of the album, though they might perhaps substitute in BU2B and take 1 out. Besides that, the 2nd half of the setlist is perfect.

The 1st half could use a little beefing up. Their norm is to take out 2-3 songs and replace them with something else, as has been their pattern

If so, (and I hope not!), drop 2112 and do ALL of Clockwork Angels in order. In addition, drop Dreamline and add The Pass. Drop Subdivisions and add We Hold On Drop The Spirit Of Radio and add The Color Of Right. Drop Limelight and add Anagram. Open with Chain Lightning! Edited by Earthshine

Absolutely, Specially now that they are back in the Limelight with the pending RRHOF induction. I think we'll see songs like Limelight, Red Barchetta, Working Man and Closer to the Heart returning to the setlist rather than more obscured tracks, which I'd prefer like: Cut to the Chase, Alien Shore, Vapor Trail and Open Secret.

But then who really knows except :rush:

:huh:

Good. Loved.....loved the setlist. Can't wait to see it again in a few cities. Edited by Todem
  • Like 2

Good. Loved.....loved the setlist. Can't wait to see it again in a few cities.

Yeah hopefully they'll play Orlando and Sunrise this time out! Though I would take Tampa again as well!

:Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

Realistically speaking, I'd like to see them take out Red Sector A and put something a bit earlier in that spot. Maybe The Trees or Closer to the Heart. Maybe a deeper cut from pre-MP like Cinderella Man to replace Territories. Possibly Between Sun and Moon or another underplayed Counterparts song rotated with The Pass instead of Bravado. If they did any one of these things, I'd be very happy.

A bit less Realistic:

Subdivisions

The Big Money

Force 10

Grand Designs

Middletown Dreams

The Analog Kid

Natural Science

Where's My Thing? ->

Drum Solo 1

Far Cry

(-Intermission-)

Caravan

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight ->

Drum Solo 2

Halo Effect (with guitar solo intro)

Seven Cities of Gold

The Garden

Limelight

The Percussor (Drum Solo 3) ->

The Trees

YYZ

The Spirit Of Radio/In the Mood/The Spirit Of Radio reprise

Encore: Tom Sawyer

2112 Overture/Temples/Grand Finale

I'd be super happy with this.

I also want to hear some pre- MP suff, especially Cinderella Man. But Geddy said he won't play some songs (no disrespect to the fans). I fear those songs include some songs like A Farewell to Kings and Cinderella Man, both I would love to hear because I love those songs. I think we have a bigger chance at hearing The Trees. I would love to hear Between Sun and Moon and some other Counterparts stuff but I don't won't them to get rid of The Pass and Bravado. I think they shouldn't play Far Cry and Maybe Subdivisions becasue this is the third tour they've been played (not that I don't like those songs). I don't consider those songs to be songs they kind of have to play like Tom Sawyer and Spirit of the Radio.

Didnt Geddy already state that the setlist would be the same.

Yep, just some minor changes per his interview so we'll see what happens. Dying for the release of the new tour dates already! C'mon guys, you're killing me!!!!

:haz: :rush: :rush: :haz:

I'm guessing we'll see at most 3-4 subistitutions, which has been their modus operandi when they do multiple North American legs (S&A, T4E). I'm hoping they will not replace album tracks with standards, as I was already pretty pissed that they had exchanged Limelight for Middletown Dreams. We've seen them do Freewill, Red Barchetta, Closer to the Heart and Trees quite a lot over the years.

Here is what I'm hoping they put in—and yes I'm stretching to include five):

Show Don't Tell (instead of Pass/Bravado)

Turn the Page or Prime Mover (instead of Force Ten)

The Weapon (instead of Analog Kid)

Limbo (instead of Where's My Thing)

Resist (instead of Dreamline/Manhattan Project).

I would also like to see them do La Villa with the orchestra instead of YYZ.

Losing It would be a true dream, but I can't see where that fits in—perhaps instead of Red Sector A.

And finally, another true dream would be Jacob's Ladder, but I imagine they would save that for an R40 tour .

Plus, I'm hoping that someone on the tour does some planning for locations that they've hit twice, so that they do B setlists for cities in which they did A setlists before.

I have no reason to expect them to play anything I wanna hear that's pre-MP, so I'll just stick to what I'd really like to hear from the synth era:

kid gloves

the weapon

lock and key

turn the page

mystic rhythms

between the wheels

chemistry

Realistically, they can say now that the list won't change much and they may believe that. However, that doesn't mean that something won't be changed in rehearsals. Maybe there's a song that Alex wants to play or that Neil is tired of. Maybe Geddy thinks that song like Big Money is a little tough to reach. Once they get into it again, who knows what they'll come up with. The one thing for sure is that it won't be for us which is fine.

I hope it changes. As much as I love them, I don't know if I'm shilling out big bucks to see the same show I saw in October. I LOVED the show. Just don't know if I want to see it twice. That's just me, but I would think im in the majority.

• Like 1

If Geddy mentioned 'minor changes' then maybe we're only looking at a couple of tracks. For my part I would love to hear Losing It, but as mentioned earlier in this thread perhaps that is too close to home for them. It would be good to hear The Pass too.

We shall see in due course.

• Like 1