*Spoiler* Will Rush Change things up on the 2nd leg of CA Tour?

losingit2k

I was thinking that perhaps the boys will change things up the 2nd Tour and replace all the Power Window songs with Signals songs like Below:

The Big Money with New World Man

Grand Design with Digital Man

Territories with The Weapon

Middletown Dreams with Kid Gloves

Manhattan Project with Losing It

:rush: :haz: :rush:

What post Moving Picture album songs would you like the above Power Window songs switched for?

:huh:

I hope they play something that will really give me chills. Something like the Weapon! *howls* Even the title scares me! Ohh it's so scary. I better wear my 3-D glasses or else I'll only be seeing it in 1/2-D. Oh so scary.

But yeah I'd love to hear the Weapon and Chemistry from Signals, and Kid Gloves and Enemy Within from P/G. Really I don't care what they play if they do a North American leg next year.

Kid Gloves isnt on Signals, I would be Pissed because I want to see Middletown Dreams. I could see them rotating a couple different songs.

I know, but I could place Analog Kid again, hence the Gloves. But fine replace Middletown Dreams with Countdown then ...Oooooo Countdown!

:drool:

Realistically speaking, I'd like to see them take out Red Sector A and put something a bit earlier in that spot. Maybe The Trees or Closer to the Heart. Maybe a deeper cut from pre-MP like Cinderella Man to replace Territories. Possibly Between Sun and Moon or another underplayed Counterparts song rotated with The Pass instead of Bravado. If they did any one of these things, I'd be very happy.

A bit less Realistic:

Subdivisions

The Big Money

Force 10

Grand Designs

Middletown Dreams

The Analog Kid

Natural Science

Where's My Thing? ->

Drum Solo 1

Far Cry

(-Intermission-)

Caravan

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight ->

Drum Solo 2

Halo Effect (with guitar solo intro)

Seven Cities of Gold

The Garden

Limelight

The Percussor (Drum Solo 3) ->

The Trees

YYZ

The Spirit Of Radio/In the Mood/The Spirit Of Radio reprise

Encore: Tom Sawyer

2112 Overture/Temples/Grand Finale

I'd be super happy with this.

Edited by Dscrapre
  • Like 1

I see a couple getting swapped out perhaps. I'm guessing Limelight every night is one of the changes and yeah, New World Man could get dropped in there for something like Territories. Analog Kid ain't goin' anywhere cuz Al is just ripping it up on that one. I'm hoping to see Manhattan Project next leg (if there is one) since they didn't play it in Seattle the night I saw them. Have always really likied that one.

I'd be willing to bet that if they dropped Clockwork Angels tunes, you MIGHT see some things change, (sort of like they did after the S&A tour) but I think I read that they were sticking to that for the summer leg....that said, I really hope they stick Losing it in since this would be a great opportunity to have someone play the string parts to it!

Agree, jaminbenb. I saw both legs of the TM tour and can't recall them changing things up whereas I believel they changed about 3 or 4(??) songs for the second leg of the S&A tour. I figure that when it comes to 2nd legs of tours, especially when the band is touring to promote a new album whereas TM wasn't that kind of tour, a group should realize they've probably sold whatever number of copies of the new album they will sell by the 2nd appearance. Dropping a few of the CA tunes makes sense but with the string section attached for this tour, either they'll have to stay the course or take an extra break to re-work the violins for the new, or should I say old, tunes.

The whole first set did not contain a lot of preferred songs for me other than Analog kid, my fearless fantasy tweaks to the first set for leg 2 next summer

Sudivisions out- What your doing in

Big Money out- New World Man in

Force Ten out- A passage to Bankok in

Grand Designs out- Red Barachetta in

Body Electric out- Vapor Trails in

Territorries out- Roll the Bones in

Analog Kid

Bravado out- Lakeside Park in

Wheres My Thing out- Jacobs Ladder in

Far Cry out- The Trees in

Anybody else want to take a stab for fun if you could pick the first set?

The whole first set huh? I'm game!

Subdivisions

Limelight

Cut to the Chase

Vapor Trails

Jacobs Ladder

Mal-Nar/ Drum Solo#1

New World Man

Analog Kid

Freewill

Far Cry

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

Alex's solo./Halo Effect

Seven Citiies of Gold

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight / Drum Solo #2

The Garden

Losing It

The Percussor Drum Solo#3

Hemisphere (Prelude)

Xanadu

Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

2112 O/T/F

:drool:

Sorry, once I got going I couldn't stop myself!

:chickendance: :dweez: :7up: :yay:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

Or just replace Power Window Songs with GUP songs!

The Big Money with Distant Eartly Warning

Grand Design with Afterimage

Territories with The Enemy Within

Manhattan Project with Between the Wheels (with Strings)

Another great first set!

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

Or just replace Power Window Songs with GUP songs!

The Big Money with Distant Eartly Warning

Grand Design with Afterimage

Territories with The Enemy Within

Manhattan Project with Between the Wheels (with Strings)

Another great first set!

That would be a great swap out for the first set.

If anything gets swapped out, I hope they don't replace any "deep cuts" with "fan favorites". I realize it's a strong possibility, 'cause that's what they kinda did on S&A when they got to the second leg. I'm just tired of "LImelight", "Free Will", "The Trees" and "Natural Science". i realize some stand-bys are necessary, but I crave more deep cuts.

Now, having said that, I'm right on the verge of blasphomy when I say this, but I hope they DON'T play "Losing It". The slower songs just don't work well for me in a live setting. I want to empasize "live setting". Example, I LOVE "The Garden", but didn't think it went over all that well in concert. Probably just my tastes.

My top five requests of deep cuts? hmmmmm.....

1. Cut to the Chase

2. Chain Lightning

3. The Big Wheel

4. The Color of Right

5. Vapor Trails (hate the album, but love the song)

Clem

If anything gets swapped out, I hope they don't replace any "deep cuts" with "fan favorites". I realize it's a strong possibility, 'cause that's what they kinda did on S&A when they got to the second leg. I'm just tired of "LImelight", "Free Will", "The Trees" and "Natural Science". i realize some stand-bys are necessary, but I crave more deep cuts.

Now, having said that, I'm right on the verge of blasphomy when I say this, but I hope they DON'T play "Losing It". The slower songs just don't work well for me in a live setting. I want to empasize "live setting". Example, I LOVE "The Garden", but didn't think it went over all that well in concert. Probably just my tastes.

My top five requests of deep cuts? hmmmmm.....

1. Cut to the Chase

2. Chain Lightning

3. The Big Wheel

4. The Color of Right

5. Vapor Trails (hate the album, but love the song)

Clem

Its not Blasphomy, its just your opinion. Any if I had a choice from all their albums post Hemispheres. I would chose these:

The Big Money with Test For Echo

Grand Design with Cut to the Chase

The Body Electric with Open Secrets

Territories with Jacobs Ladder

Bravado with Kid Gloves

Where's my Thing? with Limbo

Manhattan Project with Losing It (with Strings)

Red Sector A with Distant Early Warning (with Strings)

Yes Losing It would be in there. This tour is crying for it.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I'd love it if they'd just go ahead and play the whole of Clockwork Angels minus BU2B2 :yes: I know it won't happen, but it remains my dream.

I like several of the changes suggested. There are a number of songs (won't mention specific titles) that I wouldn't mind the loss of, and would particularly welcome the addition of The Weapon, The Enemy Within and Between Sun And Moon. My not-going-to-happen addition to the wish-list would be some kind of instrumental condensing of Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres, or even just the Prelude, because it would literally bring tears to my eyes to hear that live. But please, please, PLEASE, no depressing dirge that Rush's very presence on the stage makes a lie!

Edited by GeddysMullet

I'd love it if they'd just go ahead and play the whole of Clockwork Angels minus BU2B2 :yes: I know it won't happen, but it remains my dream.

I like several of the changes suggested. There are a number of songs (won't mention specific titles) that I wouldn't mind the loss of, and would particularly welcome the addition of The Weapon, The Enemy Within and Between Sun And Moon. My not-going-to-happen addition to the wish-list would be some kind of instrumental condensing of Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres, or even just the Prelude, because it would literally bring tears to my eyes to hear that live. But please, please, PLEASE, no depressing dirge that Rush's very presence on the stage makes a lie!

You would have Loved the Counterparts Tour, Xanadu/ Hemisphere (Prelude) Tom Saywer back to Back!

My guess for the 2nd leg

Same video

Subdivisions

The Big Money

Prime Mover

Grand Designs

Kid Gloves

Territories

The Analog Kid

Bravado

Where's My Thing (Drum Solo)

Limelight

Intermission

Different intro video, this time depicting the Clockwork Angels story as the set goes on in between songs

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

Halo Effect

Seven Cities of Gold

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight (Drum Solo)

BU2B2 with extra alex solo

Wish Them Well

The Garden

Tom Sawyer

Encore

The Spirit of Radio

2112 (Overture, Temples, Grand Finale)

I would like to see someone with creative energy take the current lists (A & B ) and arrange a show that has the CA material sprinkled throughout as opposed to thrown back-to-back to start 2nd set. Some interesting results may appear..... Edited by drgrendel

I would like to see someone with creative energy take the current lists (A & B ) and arrange a show that has the CA material sprinkled throughout as opposed to thrown back-to-back to start 2nd set. Some interesting results may appear.....

I dunno if I would agree. Before I saw the show (or knew the set list), I was hoping the new stuff would be "sprinkled" as well. But after seeing the show, there was something very cool about seeing it all together - all the imagery, effects, string players etc. I was a convert :)

Clem

I would like to see someone with creative energy take the current lists (A & B ) and arrange a show that has the CA material sprinkled throughout as opposed to thrown back-to-back to start 2nd set. Some interesting results may appear.....

I was thinking of that then thought of this, since they have found out the the Clockwork Angels material can hold its own and then some live, I'd like to see the following setlist:

Set 1:

All of Clockwork Angels

(With Strings Secion of Course)

Set 2:

Far Cry

Subdivsions

New World Man

Test for Echo

Cut to the Chase

Vapor Trails

Strings Return to Stage:

Distant Early Warnings (With GUP live intro)

Manhattan Project

Losing It

Nobody's Hero

Dreamline

YYZ

Limelight

Strings Exit Stage Left:

Xanadu (Entire)

The Spirit of Radio

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

2112 O/T/F

:rush: :haz: :rush: :haz: :rush:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

Has anyone else thought that they might not consider playing Losing It because some of the lyrics might hit too close to home for them now? It's been about 30 years since their most acclaimed work.... Edited by savagegrace26

I dunno if I would agree. Before I saw the show (or knew the set list), I was hoping the new stuff would be "sprinkled" as well. But after seeing the show, there was something very cool about seeing it all together - all the imagery, effects, string players etc. I was a convert :)

Clem

I haven't seen the tour yet (attending the inevitable Clark County show the 2nd leg), but I have to agree. It's a concept, front to back, and it should be played as such for the tour. I know Alex and Geddy both expressed interest in playing the entire album all the way through on the 2nd leg. I really hope they have new videos that tell the story between each song, it really is a chance for them to explore something they've never done live before!

• Like 1