Angus T Jones: 2.5 Men "Filth"

laughedatbytime

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — “Two and a Half Men” star Angus T. Jones is under fire for criticizing the show — even going so far as to call it “filth” — in an online video in which he professes his religious beliefs.

“Jake from ‘Two and a Half Men’ means nothing. He is a nonexistent character,” the 19-year-old actor says of his character on the hit CBS program. “If you watch ‘Two and a Half Men,’ please stop watching ‘Two and a Half Men.’ I’m on ‘Two and a Half Men’ and I don’t want to be on it.”

Jones appears in the video seated next to televangelist Christopher Hudson, whose sermons appear in YouTube videos called “The Forerunner Chronicles.”

“Please stop filling your head with filth, please. People say it’s just entertainment…” Jones said.

The comments are consistent with an interview he gave on his 19th birthday last month, when he sat down with Connie Jeffery at the Adventist Media Center in Simi Valley to talk about his newfound beliefs.

“I basically had the experience of the baptism of the Holy Spirit…I felt like I was being hugged inside and out and…it was the best feeling ever,” Jones said.

Jones told Jeffery that he got into drugs when hisparentshttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png divorced and was never very religious. Last year, when he was unsure if he would return to the show, he questioned his course and found God.

Jeffery released a statement that said, in part: “The Adventist Church in North America was pleased to learn that Angus T. Jones recently began attending one of their churches in Southern California and became a baptized member.”

CBS2/KCAL9 was unable to reach Jones’ motherhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png for comment. She has told a British newspaper that she felt her son was being exploited.

Hudson said those claims were “absolutely ridiculous.”

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/11/27/two-and-a-half-men-star-angus-t-jones-calls-show-filth/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hard to argue with him that this show is pure crap. How anyone can waste a half hour watching this show is beyond me.

Maybe he's trying to get fired.

Either that or its a publicity stunt to draw attention to the show.

I think I saw today that he got suspended for two shows.

I read that he wasn't going to be in the shows by design of the script (such as it is). http://www.cnn.com/2...and-a-half-men/

I don't think he's been funny in many years. Funny as a little kid, not so much once he hit puberty.

I read today that his parents are totally flipped out and are concerned over a play for his money by his new found church. Hey, at least Charlie Sheen supports him. Maybe there is some credibility to Charlie's claims of the working environment. Living in the real world, and not Hollywood, I have no idea.

Perhaps the whole scene makes one crazy? :unsure:

I have no problem with someone changing there convictions and wanting a change. You just need to handle these matters privately. Its just the very impressionable mind of a 19 year being corrupted unjustly. His guru is not a wise man, and the kid should take a step back and realize that. He is young. You can't buy maturity. It comes with age.
  • Like 1

I have no problem with someone changing there convictions and wanting a change. You just need to handle these matters privately. Its just the very impressionable mind of a 19 year being corrupted unjustly. His guru is not a wise man, and the kid should take a step back and realize that. He is young. You can't buy maturity. It comes with age.

I agree, Tick. His statements struck me as very much in line with a 19 year old - especially one who's been experimenting with LSD. I saw this article this morning. http://www.thedailyb...s-meltdown.html

Unfortunately, at 19 one does not typically have the wisdom to step back. Hard knocks, as we know, is where wisdom is earned. I wonder what he will think of this video in 20 years?

Unfortunately, at 19 one does not typically have the wisdom to step back. Hard knocks, as we know, is where wisdom is earned. I wonder what he will think of this video in 20 years?

More likely, he'll be more embarrassed by that he was on Two and a Half Men than this rant.

He just bit the hand that feeds. Good luck getting a job that pays anywhere near as well after this. I hope he's at least smart enough to bank 2 million dollar contract that and spend it wisely.

More likely, he'll be more embarrassed by that he was on Two and a Half Men than this rant.

I doubt it. He was part of one of the most successful sitcoms in TV history. Nothing to not be proud of. Being an immature kid who made himself look foolish will bother him, but he'll get over it.

I doubt it. He was part of one of the most successful sitcoms in TV history. Nothing to not be proud of. Being an immature kid who made himself look foolish will bother him, but he'll get over it.

He may be happy about reaping the financial rewards of being on the show, but I can't imagine that he will watch the show in syndication and be proud of the juvenile dreck that constitute it and feel pride, or anything but embarrassment at how moronic it is...

Never watched it...

You're a wise man. :cheers:

:cheers:

meh...its just cause he's a f*ckin limey. :atickhum:

He may be happy about reaping the financial rewards of being on the show, but I can't imagine that he will watch the show in syndication and be proud of the juvenile dreck that constitute it and feel pride, or anything but embarrassment at how moronic it is...

why, cause you don't like it?

why, cause you don't like it?

One would hope that someone with some degree of intelligence would be embarrassed to participate in a show that could have been written by (and was written for) sixth grade boys.