WIll Rush Ever Play "Tears" Live?

RUSHHEAD666

Since I've come out of my shell this week thanks to being back in a Rush Frenzy I am cranking "2112" tonight.

I think the boys could still play "Tears" live.

It's epic. It's mellow. It's beautiful.

Wouldn't all Rush fans love to hear and see this song live even in 2013?

I think this was the tour for that song as well as Losing It! Unfortunately, Neither made the cut. Unless they tour with an Orchestra or String Section again, I really don't see it happening. However, that said, I would really love to hear both Live.

:notworthy: :yes: :notworthy:

I think this was the tour for that song as well as Losing It! Unfortunately, Neither made the cut. Unless they tour with an Orchestra or String Section again, I really don't see it happening. However, that said, I would really love to hear both Live.

:notworthy: :yes: :notworthy:

I just saw your other post! Nice! Great minds think alike! LOL!

I would be okay with Tears....Losing It would be epic.....Now, Rivendell live, that would surely cause a stir around these parts.

Rivendell?? Ugh, please no. Worst. Rush. Song. Ever. Recorded. Worse than Speed Of Love and Neurotica, and that's sayin' something.

I don't see them playing Tears, but would welcome Losing It.

Rivendell?? Ugh, please no. Worst. Rush. Song. Ever. Recorded. Worse than Speed Of Love and Neurotica, and that's sayin' something.

To many earwigs Dudad?...You Bet Your Life is up there as well. How's therapy with Alex on tour?

I would be okay with Tears....Losing It would be epic.....Now, Rivendell live, that would surely cause a stir around these parts.

Hmm - I think Wide-Angle Watcher was correct. The mention of Rivendell live definitely caused a stir.

I also agree that Tears would be cool and Losing It would be awesome. Don't see either one happening however. Losing It is more likely than Tears however (IMO).

Rivendell would be ok. Definitely not the worst Rush song ever (IMO). Not even close. Better than Neurotica. Better than Virtuality. Much better than all of VT. Much, much better than the vile Dog Years. Now, I do agree that its worse than The Speed of Love. But that should not be a shock. IMO The Speed of Love is a very good song. The only songs on Counterparts that are better than it are Everyday Glory, Cold Fire and perhaps Nobody's Hero (its very close - real hard to pick between those 2).

WoW I would love to hear all the songs mentioned in this thread loved or reviled played live. And I would say to 'The Accountant" that Animate is the best song on Counterparts with Double Agent or Leave That Thing Alone tied for a close second (IMO :ebert: ) I have had the gift of hearing all 3 (no pun intended) live :cheers: . My wish would be the 'BOYS" would adopt what they did during the Time Machine tour and play entire albums note for note (well maybe some improv :7up: ) begining to end. Doesn't matter which order or which one. All would be AWESOME! :rush: :banana:

'Tears' has been on my radar lately - I love Geddy's singing in it - but I don't think I would want it live. I enjoy the album version of it, and would rather spend precious concert time with other songs, like 'Where's My Thing?' or a 70s medley or anything (please, anything! [except 'One Little Victory']) from Vapor Trails. I love 'Tears', but don't think it would translate that well live, especially since it's such an oldie and Geddy doesn't really sing in that way anymore.

But who knows, maybe it would be really, really awesome live!

Neuotica isnt that bad!!

WoW I would love to hear all the songs mentioned in this thread loved or reviled played live. And I would say to 'The Accountant" that Animate is the best song on Counterparts with Double Agent or Leave That Thing Alone tied for a close second (IMO :ebert: ) I have had the gift of hearing all 3 (no pun intended) live :cheers: . My wish would be the 'BOYS" would adopt what they did during the Time Machine tour and play entire albums note for note (well maybe some improv :7up: ) begining to end. Doesn't matter which order or which one. All would be AWESOME! :rush: :banana:

Although we both love Rush i would say we definitely approach their work in very different ways. For me Animate only ranks as the 8th best song on Counterparts. Leave That Thing Alone ranks as #7 and Double Agent comes in as the #11 song on the album. Yes, last place.

My overall ranking for the album would be:

1. Everyday Glory

2. Cold Fire

3. Nobody's Hero

4. The Speed of Love

5. Alien Shore

6. Between the Sun and the Moon

7. Leave that Thing Alone

8. Animate

9. Stick it Out

10. Cut to the Chase

11. Double Agent

The first 6 songs are, IMO, very close. After that their is a major drop off. At least for my taste.

That being said, I would be more than happy to hear any of them live. That being said, the more I think about it i sort of agree with Tommy Sawyer that Rivendell, much as I like it, would not be a great live song. Painful no - not in my opinion. Nothing special however. Like it but their are a lot of songs (including Tears) that i would prefer to hear live.

Although we both love Rush i would say we definitely approach their work in very different ways. For me Animate only ranks as the 8th best song on Counterparts. Leave That Thing Alone ranks as #7 and Double Agent comes in as the #11 song on the album. Yes, last place.

1. Everyday Glory

2. Cold Fire

3. Nobody's Hero

4. The Speed of Love

5. Alien Shore

8. Animate

9. Stick it Out

10. Cut to the Chase

11. Double Agent

The first 6 songs are, IMO, very close. After that their is a major drop off. At least for my taste.

That being said, I would be more than happy to hear any of them live. That being said, the more I think about it i sort of agree with Tommy Sawyer that Rivendell, much as I like it, would not be a great live song. Painful no - not in my opinion. Nothing special however. Like it but their are a lot of songs (including Tears) that i would prefer to hear live.

I would die to see "Alien Shore" performed live. One of my favorites. Alex steals the show!

I heard a rumor that the boys played "Alien Shore" on the opening gig of the "Counterparts" Tour. Is this true?

1. Everyday Glory

2. Cold Fire

3. Nobody's Hero

4. The Speed of Love

5. Alien Shore

8. Animate

9. Stick it Out

10. Cut to the Chase

11. Double Agent

I would die to see "Alien Shore" performed live. One of my favorites. Alex steals the show!

I heard a rumor that the boys played "Alien Shore" on the opening gig of the "Counterparts" Tour. Is this true?

Interesting question and I have no idea. I have a couple of boots from that tour but they are not from the opening gig and they do not have "Alien Shore" on them. Anybody have an answer to this one? Could it be we have stumbled across one of those songs Rush recorded and never played live?

Hey no harm no foul, everyone knows what opinions are like :chickendance: . Potato - Tomato :codger: I say Play'em all I say Album By Album! What a festival shows. For the next hour, day,week,year, deacade, a different choice of favorite will be made!