SPOILER ALERT! I'm "LOSING IT" PART II: Geddy, Alex, And Neil Please Read ASAP!

RUSHHEAD666

When I was eating at the PINK TACO last night in Vegas (and I'm not talking about my hot woman) ;-) I met yet another crazy Rush fan there.

The first thing he said out of his mouth was "Why the hell won't the boys play "Losing It" since they have the orchestra on this tour?"

He took the words right out of my mouth!! As many of you know on this forum I've been dying to watch "Losing It" live for many years!

I too thought that this tour could have been it! When I mentioned Ben Mink my new Rush fan friend's eyes lit up!!

We Rush fans actually belong to a very cool big family.

Every Rush fan I have ever met in my life while on the road traveling for this band or just simply seeing them in Northern California are GREAT!

We all have a common bond and we can all swap stories for hours and hours.

Well I just wanted to write a thread about "Losing It" yet again I have caught myself rambling.

Glad most of you know me on here by now!

If Rush really does do a second leg in the summer I am hoping that they will add "Losing It" to the set list!

After all it is the "Signals" 30th Anniversary!!

Maybe they will shave back some "Power Windows" songs and a few "Clockwork" songs and perform "Signals" all the way through!

Think about the new "Signals" 30th Anniversary merch they could sell!

Let the "Countdown" begin!!

RUSH RULES!

Nooooo I love Manhattan Project! It was so much fun to sing along to that!

Anyway, yeah I'm with you when it comes to "Losing It" I was really, really surprised they didn't do it with the strings section. That would have been phenomenal.

People, people! Read these lyrics!

"Losing It"

The dancer slows her frantic pace

In pain and desperation

Her aching limbs and downcast face

Aglow with perspiration

Stiff as wire, her lungs on fire

With just the briefest pause

The flooding through her memory

The echoes of old applause

She limps across the floor

And closes her bedroom door...

The writer stare with glassy eyes

Defies the empty page

His beard is white, his face is lined

And streaked with tears of rage

Thirty years ago, how the words would flow

With passion and precision

But now his mind is dark and dulled

By sickness and indecision

And he stares out the kitchen door

Where the sun will rise no more...

Some are born to move the world

To live their fantasies

But most of us just dream about

The things we'd like to be

Sadder still to watch it die

Than never to have known it

For you, the blind who once could see

The bell tolls for thee...

Now see if you can figure out why they might not be so interested in playing this song :LOL:

• Like 1

Losing it, is about the frustrations of growing old and not being able to do the things you used to be able to in the vigor of your youth. It is somewhat of a dark song but is so true, yet the melody lines are beautiful at the same time and sympathetic.. I would love to hear this song live, it would be very powerful indeed!
  • Like 2

Losing it, is about the frustrations of growing old and not being able to do the things you used to be able to in the vigor of your youth. It is somewhat of a dark song but is so true, yet the melody lines are beautiful at the same time and sympathetic.. I would love to hear this song live, it would be very powerful indeed!

Excellent post! :haz:

Nooooo I love Manhattan Project! It was so much fun to sing along to that!

Anyway, yeah I'm with you when it comes to "Losing It" I was really, really surprised they didn't do it with the strings section. That would have been phenomenal.

They did their 'A' Setlist in Philly, so I did not get to see Manhattan Project or 7 COG.

But 6 days later, in Montreal, they performed their 'B' Setlist and I got to see/hear them both.

The God of Balance was working on my side.

Would LOVE to see Losing It played live with the strings. Geddy could sing it too, since it's done in a lower register.

YES!

• Like 1

I have posted elsewhere that I would love to hear Losing It, if as Geddy mentioned recently, the band decide to tweak the setlist. As for the story behind the song and how it relates to the band, sorry but aren't these the guys that have just released their 19th (and IMO one of the best for a decade) studio album. No sign of writers block as far as I can see!

Does a song have to be happy in order for it to be good live? Red Sector A anyone....

If not now with a string section, then when?

• Like 1

I have posted elsewhere that I would love to hear Losing It, if as Geddy mentioned recently, the band decide to tweak the setlist. As for the story behind the song and how it relates to the band, sorry but aren't these the guys that have just released their 19th (and IMO one of the best for a decade) studio album. No sign of writers block as far as I can see!

Does a song have to be happy in order for it to be good live? Red Sector A anyone....

The point isn't that it's not a happy song, the point is that it's a song about artists who have lost their powers due to age. Are you really going to tell me you don't understand why that might not be something they'd want to dwell on? :LOL:

The point isn't that it's not a happy song, the point is that it's a song about artists who have lost their powers due to age. Are you really going to tell me you don't understand why that might not be something they'd want to dwell on? :LOL:

Oddly enough I do understand the argument, but as I've already mentioned,they have shown that they haven't lost their powers in the slightest. The band have turned out one of their strongest albums for many years and Geddys voice is the best I've heard it in three tours.... Losing it? Not a chance. I was merely voicing my opinion.

Oddly enough I do understand the argument, but as I've already mentioned,they have shown that they haven't lost their powers in the slightest. The band have turned out one of their strongest albums for many years and Geddys voice is the best I've heard it in three tours.... Losing it? Not a chance. I was merely voicing my opinion.

Fair enough :) I respect your opinion, but honestly, I would find Losing It to be an inappropriate choice for the current times, and it would seriously bum me out if they played it. I hope it doesn't appear.

Im happy with whatever they choice but i do also love

Hopefully on the 2nd Leg They'll drop Manahattan Project and Replace with Losing It and Tears!

:drool:

I like the way you think!!

And i second this notion. But im happy with whatever the play...as long as they come back.

• Like 1

Those two songs placed into a set list just might make the suicide rate rise in each city they are played.

:no: :no: :no:

Then why don't you just tell them to cut out "Middletown Dreams" as well? Grrrrrr. ;)

Losing It would sound great live. And its obvious with the release of Clockwork Angels and its corresponding tour that the words do not apply to this band at all! They are still at the top of their game!

:codger:

When I was eating at the PINK TACO last night in Vegas (and I'm not talking about my hot woman) ;-) I met yet another crazy Rush fan there.

The first thing he said out of his mouth was "Why the hell won't the boys play "Losing It" since they have the orchestra on this tour?"

He took the words right out of my mouth!! As many of you know on this forum I've been dying to watch "Losing It" live for many years!

I too thought that this tour could have been it! When I mentioned Ben Mink my new Rush fan friend's eyes lit up!!

We Rush fans actually belong to a very cool big family.

Every Rush fan I have ever met in my life while on the road traveling for this band or just simply seeing them in Northern California are GREAT!

We all have a common bond and we can all swap stories for hours and hours.

Well I just wanted to write a thread about "Losing It" yet again I have caught myself rambling.

Glad most of you know me on here by now!

If Rush really does do a second leg in the summer I am hoping that they will add "Losing It" to the set list!

After all it is the "Signals" 30th Anniversary!!

Maybe they will shave back some "Power Windows" songs and a few "Clockwork" songs and perform "Signals" all the way through!

Think about the new "Signals" 30th Anniversary merch they could sell!

Let the "Countdown" begin!!

RUSH RULES!

I was happy with the 1st leg setlist, but think it was odd that the first set was so PoW heavy rather than Signals heavy. It clearly shouldve been the other way around, considering the anniversary. If they decide to go in that direction the 2nd leg, subbing the PoW tunes with Signals (while keeping subdivisions/analog), then the 2nd leg is an absolute must go for this fan.

Full disclosure: Signals is by far my favorite Rush album