Clorkwork Angels at the Red Rocks? - Will it happen in 2013

ScottT67

Okay! - Aside from the atrocious acoustics at The San Diego Sports Arena ( Valley View), the Concert was everything I hoped it would be, and more!!! - Both sets were masterfully crafted! The strings section was just out of this world, and the new stage presentaion was just phucking outstanding! ( The rain lites during The Wreckers ) - All and all, my 20th Rush Show was insane in the membrane!!! :)

BUT!!!

For what was supposed to be my record setting 4th viewing of the S&A tour, and my 20th Rush concert since the Signal Tour, I flew solo to Colorado solo, to experience Rush at the Red Rocks!!!

Staring at the cover of Neils book "Roadshow" had peaked my curiosity about this venue.

So long story short, some severe weather passed over Colorado in the early morning, and was gone by 10:00AM. It was in Kansas, when I left my hotel room in Lakewood, for the venue. When I pulled into Morrison around 2:00PM, I got the news. Show cancelled!!! It said "Rain or Shine" on my Ticket!!! I spent money for plane, hotel, and rent a car, all for not! I could not afford to return when they rescheduled 2 months later!!! :(

So! - Can I pretty please have an opportunity to see the Boys perform Clockwork Angels at the Red Rocks??? - If it is not already in the works for early 2013, before they go to Europe, maybe we can convince them to go back to Colorado! - That venue would compliment the presentation of this Tour to epic proportions!!! :)

Dude, big bummer on the wasted trip. The cash, the time, but the "not-seeing-the-effing-band" would be the biggest bummer. I've heard the boys say that Red Rocks is one of their favourite venues in the world and they always sell out there, so if they do in fact schedule as US 2013, CA tour, I'll bet you a great big bag of Rush T shirts that they'll play that gig.

A friend of mine saw them there on the S and A tour and he said it was the best show he's ever seen out of the 34 Rush shows he's been to since 1975. He acknowledged that part (a small part, of course!) of the reason for his assessment is due to quality of the venue itself. He said there isn't a bad seat anywhere and the sound is great there. He also was bragging (because he lives in Denver) that the Colorado people are always polite and respectful concert-goers. They rock... but they're "nice" about it. Apparently...

Keep your onions crossed for a Red Rocks - CA show in 2013. Personally, I think it'll happen.

Having seen my first show in 1980 in Philly (MP warm-up tour) and not missing a show in Phoenix since Presto I finally made the 700 mile drive to Red Rocks from Phoenix and was and lucky enough to catch the Time Machine Tour at Red Rocks in 2010. It was an awesome show. I'm hoping that Rush brings the Clockwork Angels tour to Red Rocks in the summer of 2013 so I can see them at least one more time...

Haaa Haaaaaaa! - YES! - That's what I'm talking about! - April or May, before Europe! - If they do, I say we call upon the people of Colorado in this forum to begin Quarterbacking a Pre Rush Party, the day before the Show! - Oh Yeah! With Colorado's new Mary Jane Law, I can't wait to see the 1st 5 rows all ablaze! :) - And the last time I was there, some locals told me about the caves, that only the locals know about.... - Bring your mountain Bikes, because the scenery is just breathtaking! They could pilot some remote controlled airships over the crowd, for effect! :) - LET'S DO THIS!!!

I too am hoping for a Rush Red Rock show....Just got married in October...we have decided to wait on our Honey Moon in hopes of flying from Louisville to Colorado to see them at red Rocks as our Honeymoon night......Thhey are the only ones that I want to see there so hoping for a show to cross off my bucket list...we saw the CA Tour in Indy I have seen the band almost every tour since Signals and this is the best tour yet.......Red Rocks would just top it all...hope to see you all there in 2013 ......

From all I've seen, Red Rocks may be the only venue in the USA that tops The Gorge. I simply have GOT to get there for a Rush show next summer if they tour and if they play there. Maybe it'll coincide with a motorcycling vacation and I can bike there and back. That would be freakin' AWESOME!!

From all I've seen, Red Rocks may be the only venue in the USA that tops The Gorge. I simply have GOT to get there for a Rush show next summer if they tour and if they play there. Maybe it'll coincide with a motorcycling vacation and I can bike there and back. That would be freakin' AWESOME!!

I visited Red Rocks a couple of years ago and it really impressed me on every level. It's a fantastic venue. I want to see rush there.. Badly.

my brother lives 5 minutes from the venue. If it happens. I'm there.

I'm 5 hours and I'm there for sure. Seen the TM tour there, love Red Rocks.

So sad missing CA tour this leg, should be in Phoenix right now.. :rage:

I go to school in Boulder and saw Rush at Red Rocks on the Time Machine tour--it was amazing. BUT, they havent played there yet so I havent seen them yet on this tour. Furthermore, I was in Dallas where im from this week and they play there the week after! Anyways, I would LOVE for them to come to CO cause id be there!

The Gorge is in Washington State, middle of nowhere about 2.5 hours east of Seattle in Quincy, Wa. Having been to the Gorge multiple times and then hitting my first red rocks concert in 2010, I can say that they are both very unique venus. The gorge is on a desert plateau over looking the Columbia River and basalt cliffs. Its very scenic and being so isolated adds to the effect of the concert. It can be windy at times, but its not blowing dust or anything. A great spot. Red rocks is a very unique place and I had always heard about its dynamic sound quality, however sound wise I didnt notice anything spectacular. Both of these places are sweet, I recommend seeing shows at both locations :)

I'm so spoiled. I'm a Colorado native and get to have Red Rocks in my back yard. There really is no place like it. I was at the now famous Vegas show and I have to say: It's nothing like seeing Rush at Red Rocks. The energy that that place brings out in performers cannot be described. It's damn near mystical. I know this sounds corny but I think that place brings out something in people.

I've seen shows at the Gorge and the Hollywood Bowl and Knebworth and Hammersmith and Brixton and Donnington but none of them (Hammersmith is close) surpass Red Rocks.

My only regret is that Maiden never made it up the hill.

HW

I'm so spoiled. I'm a Colorado native and get to have Red Rocks in my back yard. There really is no place like it. I was at the now famous Vegas show and I have to say: It's nothing like seeing Rush at Red Rocks. The energy that that place brings out in performers cannot be described. It's damn near mystical. I know this sounds corny but I think that place brings out something in people.

I've seen shows at the Gorge and the Hollywood Bowl and Knebworth and Hammersmith and Brixton and Donnington but none of them (Hammersmith is close) surpass Red Rocks.

My only regret is that Maiden never made it up the hill.

HW

Yes, always had a special place for the Red Rocks venue as well since my first show there, Iron Maiden! Powerslave tour, Accept opener. I believe they performed there during the Brave New World leg as well. I attended with my (then)15 year old daughters first show there on the Time Machine tour. Gazing at the lights of my birthplace in the distance during Subdivisions with her at my side is a special memory indeed. I've seen everything from Pantera to 50 Cent there and having this place in our backyard is wonderous indeed. The Red Rosks pilgrimage has become a tradition for my circle of trust. I'd figured on a 13' leg and these new comments have me very excited. I'm begining to feel a sense of fear for the end of the road for the band so my bucket list multiple show road trip will be in order for the next leg I think.

Someone on this forum was talking about Red Rocks being a spectacular venue.

Seems as if I heard also 1st row is Handicapped only.

Is this true ????

The wife would freak the F**K out if it's true.

She is blind(legally) having only 15-20 percent sight left.

I think she woud shit her panties if she was on 1st row without having to pay $$$$$$$$ for it.

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: and :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

Okay! - Aside from the atrocious acoustics at The San Diego Sports Arena ( Valley View), the Concert was everything I hoped it would be, and more!!! - Both sets were masterfully crafted! The strings section was just out of this world, and the new stage presentaion was just phucking outstanding! ( The rain lites during The Wreckers ) - All and all, my 20th Rush Show was insane in the membrane!!! :)

BUT!!!

For what was supposed to be my record setting 4th viewing of the S&A tour, and my 20th Rush concert since the Signal Tour, I flew solo to Colorado solo, to experience Rush at the Red Rocks!!!

Staring at the cover of Neils book "Roadshow" had peaked my curiosity about this venue.

So long story short, some severe weather passed over Colorado in the early morning, and was gone by 10:00AM. It was in Kansas, when I left my hotel room in Lakewood, for the venue. When I pulled into Morrison around 2:00PM, I got the news. Show cancelled!!! It said "Rain or Shine" on my Ticket!!! I spent money for plane, hotel, and rent a car, all for not! I could not afford to return when they rescheduled 2 months later!!! :(

So! - Can I pretty please have an opportunity to see the Boys perform Clockwork Angels at the Red Rocks??? - If it is not already in the works for early 2013, before they go to Europe, maybe we can convince them to go back to Colorado! - That venue would compliment the presentation of this Tour to epic proportions!!! :)

You could have sued him like that guy from Chicago hahaha