Why We Are Thankful For Rush

NobodysHeroine

In honour of Thanksgiving, I'll do the liberty of stating that I am incredibly thankful for this Canadian trio. I've been a fan for three years, and can honestly say that no other band makes me as happy as this one does. As a buddy of mine once said, Rush is awesome because of their music, their personalities, just their overall existence. Getting into the band was definitely one of the best decisions I've ever made. I've found a musical group I can listen to when I'm happy, upset, inspired, need inspiration, or just want to relax. Rush is the voice of many music fans, including me.

I'm filled with such happiness whenever I see the signed Rush drawing I got back from my September 18 show.

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y371/Priestess-of-Syrinx/RushSig_zps57fa33e7.png

It's been two months, but oh, my Ged. I still can't believe it. I CAN'T. :')

What are your thoughts, fellow Rushians? Why are you thankful for Rush?

• Like 2

I am thankful that they are a band that have been true to themselves, never sold out, worked hard, provided inspiring lyrics, dedicated, always gotten along and have always had the 'team' mentality, and rocked out. Cheers!!

I am thankful that, as they approach their 60s, they are still writing great music. and performing at an incredibly high level. so that I can share their live performances with my teenage son.

As others have already mentioned, I'm thankful for Rush's good humour, fantastic, passionate music (meaning, music that comes from themselves, not 'encouraged' by record labels or other entities), great musicianship, the new music and tours they keep blessing us with, their 'normal' personalities......

Oh, there's so much to be thankful for!

One more thing I'll add is that Rush is my 'safe' music. If ever I find myself in a weird situation (maybe I've just witnessed something upsetting, or had a bad at work, or am feeling mopey), Rush music immediately makes me feel better. I feel 'safer' with it. I don't really get that feeling with a lot of other bands - I probably bring the boys' decent personalities in to the equation - but Rush music fits my life so well. It makes me feel good, and I'm thankful for this.

I, too, am so happy to have Rush in my life! :)

• Like 1

Dude,

Great drawing... love the part of Big Al hanging off of Neil. So perfect. I'll bet they really and truly appreciated your efforts in the artwork. Nice going!

• Like 1

:goodone:

In honour of Thanksgiving, I'll do the liberty of stating that I am incredibly thankful for this Canadian trio. I've been a fan for three years, and can honestly say that no other band makes me as happy as this one does. As a buddy of mine once said, Rush is awesome because of their music, their personalities, just their overall existence. Getting into the band was definitely one of the best decisions I've ever made. I've found a musical group I can listen to when I'm happy, upset, inspired, need inspiration, or just want to relax. Rush is the voice of many music fans, including me.

I'm filled with such happiness whenever I see the signed Rush drawing I got back from my September 18 show.

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y371/Priestess-of-Syrinx/RushSig_zps57fa33e7.png

It's been two months, but oh, my Ged. I still can't believe it. I CAN'T. :')

What are your thoughts, fellow Rushians? Why are you thankful for Rush?

:goodone: Edited by Chicken hawk

yeah great pic kerry you must be very proud of it and i for one couldnt imagine the life ive had without rush, looking back its just unbelievable what these three people have meant to me, something truly to give thanks for.