I made a new game, a Roguelike / Dragon Quest hybrid

Del_Duio

Kinda silly that you can't gain access before your game goes up on steam. You're already paying a $100 "ward off the spam" fee.

Oh the spam really gets rolling once you're greenlit and up on the store! Wait until you get hit by all manner of Keybegger!

Off topic a bit, but I've been working on a pretty huge change to the core game and was wondering what you might think. I can't remember if you've ever played ETL before but I'm reworking the inventory & gear screen to incorporate enough space for 15 items in your pack vs. 10. Here's a picture of what I'm doing that I uploaded last night:

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=800084420

I believe this has a lot of potential but it will also change how the game is played (for better or worse, I guess we'll see!) Another good change to this is having the backpack item's name shown in the box simply by hovering the cursor over it where before you had to press the action key / button and find out that way. This is especially important since some items share the same icon (ex. green potion & snake oil or Two Handed Sword & Bastard Sword).

Edited by Del_Duio
  • Like 1

I haven't tried it yet. I'd love to give you my feedback on it but I'm super busy this month wrapping up projects and whatnot. Maybe during the holidays.

Oh I'm in no rush, take your time!

I spent about 6 hours last night making adjustments and testing the new build on a separate beta branch through Steam that I just learned how to do yesterday. And of course had some bugs after I thought I had already fixed things, you know how that goes. By the time you're ready I should be too!

Edited by Del_Duio
  • Like 1