Mr. Not

From a celebrity IQ website:

Muhammad Ali - 78

President George H. W. Bush - 98

President Ronald Reagan - 105

Actor Dolph Lundgren - 160

Hmmmmmm...........

This is almost assuredly bullsh!t.

Here are some more high IQ's in which some might surprise you.

Physicist / Engineer Kim Ung-yong has a verified IQ of 210

Bouncer Christopher Michael Langan has a verified IQ of 195

Engineer Philip Emeagwali is alleged to have an IQ of 190

World Chess Champion Garry Kasparov is alleged to have an IQ of 190

Author Marilyn Vos Savant has a verified IQ of 186

Actor James Woods is alleged to have an IQ of 180

Politician John H. Sununu is alleged to have an IQ of 180

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is alleged to have an IQ of 180

Mathematician Andrew Wiles is alleged to have an IQ of 170

World Chess Champion Judith Polgar is alleged to have an IQ of 170

Chess Grandmaster Robert Byrne is alleged to have an IQ of 170

World Chess Champion Bobby Fischer is alleged to have an IQ of 167

Mathematician / Physicist Stephen W. Hawking is alleged to have an IQ of over 160

Microsoft Founder Paul Allen is alleged to have an IQ of over 160

Actress Sharon Stone is alleged to have an IQ of 154

I wonder if Rush fans have higher IQs on average than say AC/DC fans or Van Halen fans? Not to take anything away from those fans (or bands), but Rush has always been described as a "thinking person's band". I haven't been driven to learn about Coleridge's Kubla Khan (which I read and enjoyed) or Ayn Rand (who I read and dismissed) or black holes (well, I always had an interest in astronomy) by listening to Dirty Deeds or Van Halen I.

I have a rough idea of what my IQ is. I took an online test once many years ago when I was ...er... stoned as a bejesus. Someone else gave me a test another time and after scoring it (he wouldn't tell me what I scored) but did tell me I easily qualified for MENSA (I didn't realize there was gradation in admission requirements...oooo you're a 135, so you're on probation until you say something really smart... :unsure: ). I never joined, I couldn't see a purpose and it isn't important to me.

I remember hearing many years ago that one needed an IQ of 35 to bark (42 to meow). I have no idea how that is relevant, but I always remembered it. Cats are smarter than dogs? Having two dogs who are owned by the cat, I believe it.

What does 'stoned as a bejesus' look like..? :P

A female version of this, I suppose...

http://www.criticalend.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/caddyshackbillmurrayunkempt.jpg

:P

Actually - the quote is "stoned to the bejeezus-belt" :P

:LOL: That was a great scene. A blend of Kentucky bluegrass and Maui wowwee (iirc) You can play 36 holes on it and then get "stoned to the bejeezus-belt"

Its been many years since I've seen that movie. Thanks for the tickle, LIX. :)

This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff.

Edited by ILSnwdog

I wonder if Rush fans have higher IQs on average than say AC/DC fans or Van Halen fans? Not to take anything away from those fans (or bands), but Rush has always been described as a "thinking person's band". I haven't been driven to learn about Coleridge's Kubla Khan (which I read and enjoyed) or Ayn Rand (who I read and dismissed) or black holes (well, I always had an interest in astronomy) by listening to Dirty Deeds or Van Halen I.

I have a rough idea of what my IQ is. I took an online test once many years ago when I was ...er... stoned as a bejesus. Someone else gave me a test another time and after scoring it (he wouldn't tell me what I scored) but did tell me I easily qualified for MENSA (I didn't realize there was gradation in admission requirements...oooo you're a 135, so you're on probation until you say something really smart... :unsure: ). I never joined, I couldn't see a purpose and it isn't important to me.

I remember hearing many years ago that one needed an IQ of 35 to bark (42 to meow). I have no idea how that is relevant, but I always remembered it. Cats are smarter than dogs? Having two dogs who are owned by the cat, I believe it.

http://www.criticalend.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/caddyshackbillmurrayunkempt.jpg

:LOL: That was a great scene. A blend of Kentucky bluegrass and Maui wowwee (iirc) You can play 36 holes on it and then get "stoned to the bejeezus-belt"

This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff.

:LOL:

That's the one. Thanks, ILS :)

:cheers:

:cheers:

:hail:

I don't know what my I.Q is...

You have the IQ of a baby cat!

http://1.2.3.13/bmi/www.therushforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/cat.gif

http://1.2.3.13/bmi/www.therushforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/z7shysterical.gif !!

The only thing you can be really sure of if you do well in an IQ test is that you might be quite good at doing IQ tests...

:givebeer:

Yep

:yes:

I had a friend that was in school to become a psychologist and she asked me to help her practise giving I.Q. and other tests. The number really means nothing in the real world, but it was high enough that she looked at me and said, "I don't understand how people like you think." The really funny part was when she gave me another test called the MMPI (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory). It's a 400 question test that reveals a lot about a person's mind and the way they think. Unfortunately she gave me the wrong answer sheet (the kind where you fill in the little circles) and I came across as quite psychotic and she was a little freaked out until she realized the error.

:smash:

Edited by drbirdsong

I had a friend that was in school to become a psychologist and she asked me to help her practise giving I.Q. and other tests. The number really means nothing in the real world, but it was high enough that she looked at me and said, "I don't understand how people like you think." The really funny part was when she gave me another test called the MMPI (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory). It's a 400 question test that reveals a lot about a person's mind and the way they think. Unfortunately she gave me the wrong answer sheet (the kind where you fill in the little circles) and I came across as quite psychotic and she was a little freaked out until she realized the error.

It wasn't really an error or the wrong answer key...she just pretended it was until she could reach a safe place...

• Like 1