Superconductor

theanalogmiddleagedman

Well, I really like it. The video doesn't enter into it for me, except that I like that it was directed by Mark Mothersbaugh of DEVO.

This makes complete sense, then. I was thinking the video reminded me of a bad Cars video from the early 80's or Whip It.

Actually it was Gerald Casale who directed it (along with Mystic Rhythms too) who is also a Devo member, so it does not really change much. Anyway I love the song and love the video, and have grown to accept the Roll the Bones tour transition. I don't listen to the song too often though. Hope they bring it back in the live catalogue soon.

I have always found this to be the most abysmally unenjoyable song in their catalog. I find it more unenjoyable than Dog Years or Rivendell. Most clear in my memory, and what makes it one of the most unenjoyable songs, is when they blasted into it on the RTB tour after only playing half of Xanadu. I will not soon be able to forgive them for that transition. I certainly hope that they never pull this one out again.

The song is bad, but there are at least 15 songs that are worse.

The video is inexcusably bad, and should be an embarrassment for all involved.

Love the song, and always liked the video too. As with the video of Far Cry, it's bizarre and humorous, which suits the song I think. It's odd seeing Geddy and Alex on different sides of the stage, too! I like the ending when the show gets out of hand and the 'stage master' has to cut the power!

Also, it has Geddy in leather with a black Wal. What more could you want? :haz: