San Jose

Mieko8

I flew from LA to see this show tonight. I've got tickets to all the California shows + Vegas. I'm at the arena now killing time because my hotel is a stone's throw away. I walked around to the back and Neil appeared on his motorcycle. There was another guy riding along side of him on another motorcycle. Very very cool. Sound check is starting now.

Who was that man with neil?

How exciting to see him ride in !

:drool:

It was really cool. Great show. The band is still very energetic and having a great time. Geddy was great. His voice actually got stronger as the night progressed. The second half was super energetic. The strings were awesome. All good. Can't wait to see the next 3 shows over the coming days.

Yeah...frickin awesome show last night......one highlight for me was SCOG with the orchestra jamming the guitar stanza...............we got moved from nose bleed phouse to behind soundboard, the to side of stage by Alex! (A friend is as Sup @ HP) I could almost stoke the fire of big steel wheels!........had to get up @ 4 this morning but I'm still in a pleasant daze....

had to get up @ 4 this morning but I'm still in a pleasant daze....

I hear you, I had to get up at 7:30am after the Seattle show to catch a plane flight back home. Probably shouldn't have stopped off for drinks after the show but as the song says "I'd do it all again!" Fantastic show!

Man, I never posted my review of the show...

I thought it was fantastic, in a different way from my previous Rush concert experience (Snakes and Arrows 2007).The often-controversial, yet still loved (by many) mid-late-80s material worked really well. Good to hear The Big Money, The Analog Kid, and Red Sector A, among others.

However, for me the highlight of the show was the whole Clockwork Angels set. They damn near played the entire album....including some of my favorites like The Anarchist, Seven Cities of Gold, and of course, The Garden. The string section worked really well, IMO, and they also added a lot to YYZ (that was a treat to hear!)

I agree with the opinion that Geddy's voice got better throughout the night. Maybe it was all the water he drank? Seemed like he took a drink after every song....good to stay hydrated! Anyway, Geddy did his thing (or things...bass, synths, and foot pedals as well as vocals, often at the same time!) splendidly well, and Alex played like a champ. Neil did seem just a tad subdued, but that's ok...his 3 drum solos were very cool, and he still played the show better than damn near anyone else could have!

Overall, it was an incredible experience, and I am GLAD that they have changed their setlist from previous tours. That's a sign of a band that doesn't rest on its laurels, but continues to move forward....

I loved the show and agree that it was a different experience than the Snakes tour. I'm going to the Phoenix show with my son since he couldn't make San Jose.