Rush - In 'Rocksmith'

EmotionDetector

Hey Guys,

I don't see this marked down. I did bump my old 'Rocksmith' game topic in the Gaming section, but since this is Rush news, I thought I'd bring it up here as well.

They just (finally) released a RUSH package of songs for Rocksmith:

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta

YYZ

Limelight

Subdivisions

Headlong Flight

Looking forward to downloading these and giving them a try. I highly doubt I'll ever fully figure out how to play them! LOL...but I look forward to the challenge.

(FYI...for those who don't know what Rocksmith is, it's a video game like 'Rock Band', except that you actually play the songs for real (with real instruments...guitar and/or bass)).

To anyone who owns this game, have you been able to sync the audio and video to work correctly. I use an HDMI cable for video and sound, which we're not supposed to do, so I can never get the console to say I hit the guitar strings when I do. I don't want to change my audio setup every time I play the game, but I do love the concept.

I'm jealous that Rock Band isn't getting Headlong Flight. I've got Rocksmith too, but I find it more fun to download the tabs and actually learn the song rather than play it 100 times before I actually learn the real notes.

To anyone who owns this game, have you been able to sync the audio and video to work correctly. I use an HDMI cable for video and sound, which we're not supposed to do, so I can never get the console to say I hit the guitar strings when I do. I don't want to change my audio setup every time I play the game, but I do love the concept.

You actually have to purchase a surround sound setup or play on a standard TV.

Confirmed. I also use HDMI and the only way for me to play is TV speakers only.

Edited by USB Connector

I have this game, and was ecstatic that they finally released the music that I most want to play! Unfortunately, I am extraordinarily busy at the moment, but the little bit I've been able to play has been very fun. Love this. Right now, I'm working on Subdivisions - bass, because it's easiest.

As for the latency- I use hdmi audio and video, which is not ideal. I used to have fairly noticeable lag, but ever since the major software update in August, I have found the lag to be minimal.

With a standard TV?

I have this game, and was ecstatic that they finally released the music that I most want to play! Unfortunately, I am extraordinarily busy at the moment, but the little bit I've been able to play has been very fun. Love this. Right now, I'm working on Subdivisions - bass, because it's easiest.

As for the latency- I use hdmi audio and video, which is not ideal. I used to have fairly noticeable lag, but ever since the major software update in August, I have found the lag to be minimal.

I haven't played since July. You've just made my day. I'm going to try it immediately!

I haven't played since July. You've just made my day. I'm going to try it immediately!

Hope it works for you!

With a standard TV?

I'm not sure what you mean by standard TV. I've got an LCD TV with a small speaker system hooked up to it. I need to disable the system when I play Rocksmith and use the TV speakers. My xbox is hooked up to the TV via HDMI cable so I can play in 1080p.

With a standard TV?

I'm not sure what you mean by standard TV. I've got an LCD TV with a small speaker system hooked up to it. I need to disable the system when I play Rocksmith and use the TV speakers. My xbox is hooked up to the TV via HDMI cable so I can play in 1080p.

When I say standard TV, I refer to something not HD...Like 480p. If that helps?

With a standard TV?

When I say standard TV, I refer to something not HD...Like 480p. If that helps?

Sorry, I didn't realize standard meant standard definition. Honestly I haven't seen one of those in stores in years so I just assume standard TV means capable of 1080i.

On an unrelated note: why did you cut the best part of the video out of your sig? The "Fast Business" part is what what ties the joke together. :P