Rush filming Dallas and Phoenix for live DVD

FountainOfSyrinx

This is awesome news! :haz: Extra break in between nights. Interesting they chose AZ and TX. I'm really happy that they're filming this version of the tour, since the rumored 2013 extention legs will be different. They'll merge setlists, and if they were smart, pick the best versions of each song for the dvd. Merge them almost seemlessly in the editing room. That'd be the right way to approach it. It woudl be more like the dvd I've been waiting for from Rush.

:rush:, f**k yeah!!! :hail:

That's the same way they made the S&A dvd.

Oh yeah. I guess they did merge, but I have no idea how they did it. Which songs came from what night. Has that ever been revealed?

Here's an ecouraging quote from Alex on the S&A dvd with regards to filming two nights: "It was a very relaxed night - which is unusual, for that kind of 'pressure' night. Whenever we're recording, there's always a sense of tension on stage. But we were really relaxed that night, and I think it was because we had the two nights." That quote makes it seem like the majority of the songs came from one night, kind of like the Different Strings cd, where they mostly came from the Chicago show. The world may never know.

But anyway, I love the idea of merging performances from different nights to have a dvd full of peak performances in different venues. Pearl Jam 2000 is so excellent that way, and interesting, and I'd love for Rush to do that kind of dvd.

YAY!

My turn to be a whiner!!!

I've been waiting for a chance at this :P

Why.. why why why announce this now instead of at the beginning of the tour? Or even before tickets went on sale so that those of us who enjoy traveling for shows could have a chance to not only get decent tickets, but make affordable travel arrangements???

5 days ago I could have gotten a round trip flight to Dallas for $111. Today it's up to $250. UGH!

Needless to say, I'm VERY happy for those who will be at those 2 shows.. I just wish there was more than 2 weeks notice.

It's likely that the plans weren't fully in place until now. If they didn't plan the video shoots at the very beginning when the actual tour schedule was planned and booked, it took some time to put crews together and arrangements in place, especially to do two different nights in two different cities.

You can say, "Well, why didn't they plan it at the beginning," but perhaps they wanted to play for a while and see how it was going or if there were things they wanted to adjust before they decided whether to do the shoots on this leg or wait until next year or whatnot.

Edited by GeddysMullet

YAY!

My turn to be a whiner!!!

I've been waiting for a chance at this :P

Why.. why why why announce this now instead of at the beginning of the tour? Or even before tickets went on sale so that those of us who enjoy traveling for shows could have a chance to not only get decent tickets, but make affordable travel arrangements???

5 days ago I could have gotten a round trip flight to Dallas for $111. Today it's up to $250. UGH!

Needless to say, I'm VERY happy for those who will be at those 2 shows.. I just wish there was more than 2 weeks notice.

For the fans in the Dallas and Phoenix area, I think this is great - makes the original tickets easier to come by, and not jacked up from places like StubHub, up until the last two weeks.

f**k yeah, Dallas!!!!!! The off chance that I could end up as a fleeting image on a Rush DVD makes me chub up a little.

Hahaha don't forget to look for my signs! Yeauh

Haha, will do. Don't forget to look for the guy walking around with the awkward boner.

Now that's funny!

As long as there aren't any Cowboy jerseys showing, I'm OK with it..... :P

It's amazing how much the rangers have taken the city by storm..

Also amazing how big of a dickhole Hambone turned into. But who cares, there's gonna be a Dallas Rush DVD!

Everyone should wear claw and antler t shirts. That'll show team spirit.. :LOL:

I'm so glad they're recording the tour. Manhattan Project and the electric drum solo/Red Sector A sounded so great live. I really hope the mastering is good on the album. All they have to do is remember that the songs have bass as well as treble.

Rangers have a ton of fans here in North Carolina! Mainly due to Josh Hamilton. Went to my high school. Incredible story. Very down to earth guy if you ever meet him. Doesn't sound like he'll be back in TX next year though. If not there, hopefully Atlanta.

But I digress.....

Can't wait for the recorded live shows! Hopefully the mix is as good as R30 and S&A Live. Lots of complaints about S&A Live, but me personally, I like it. Rush in Rio and TMT are certainly a bit dissapointing.

Also amazing how big of a dickhole Hambone turned into. But who cares, there's gonna be a Dallas Rush DVD!

Have you ever met him? Talked to him? Way off base. But, we can debate the character of one a baseball player til we're blue in the face. Doesn't matter. We both agree that a Rush DVD is coming- and that kicks ass!

Greart News for that area! Enjoy the Spectacle! Let us know if they change things up a bit! I wonder if BU2B2 will make an appearance prior to Wish Them Well. Would be a nice touch!

:drool:

Edited by losingit2k

This is GREAT news! I've been so goddam busy lately with work and the never ending of building my house that I missed Minneapolis and Winnipeg. At least now I can see what everyone is raving about... and the violinist in the tight black pants. (The chick, not the dude.) :drool:

This is GREAT news! I've been so goddam busy lately with work and the never ending of building my house that I missed Minneapolis and Winnipeg. At least now I can see what everyone is raving about... and the violinist in the tight black pants. (The chick, not the dude.) :drool:

Oh don't worry, I'm bringing a sign askin her to marry me..

I'm so glad they're recording the tour. . . I really hope the mastering is good on the album. All they have to do is remember that the songs have bass as well as treble.

I hope they remember we all have a volume knob.

I know at some of the shows, David Campbell has been there to conduct the strings. I wonder if he'll be there for these, so he can get some screen time. It's totally unnecessary, but it certainly looks more theatrical.

I bought tickets when they went on sale back whenever that was. Got offered a job I can't refuse, and it happens to be over Nov. 28th in New Mexico. I'm glad to have a job and all, but for f*cks sake! I gave my tickets away to a fellow Canadian friend who has never seen a Rush show. I really hope he likes it, or I may punch him in the arm. I may be able to roll down to Houston for the last show of the leg, but if not, looks like England may be my only chance to see Clockwork Angels live. To everyone who is going to this show, I raise my goblet from the cask of '43 to you all.

Peace.

I bought tickets when they went on sale back whenever that was. Got offered a job I can't refuse, and it happens to be over Nov. 28th in New Mexico. I'm glad to have a job and all, but for f*cks sake! I gave my tickets away to a fellow Canadian friend who has never seen a Rush show. I really hope he likes it, or I may punch him in the arm. I may be able to roll down to Houston for the last show of the leg, but if not, looks like England may be my only chance to see Clockwork Angels live. To everyone who is going to this show, I raise my goblet from the cask of '43 to you all.

Peace.

Your moving to New Mexico?

I'm so glad they're recording the tour. . . I really hope the mastering is good on the album. All they have to do is remember that the songs have bass as well as treble.

I know at some of the shows, David Campbell has been there to conduct the strings. I wonder if he'll be there for these, so he can get some screen time. It's totally unnecessary, but it certainly looks more theatrical.

I personally prefer that they downplay the orchestra on the DVD. They sounded awesome but I found that seeing them didn't add or detract from the experience. They just took up unused stage room.

I personally prefer that they downplay the orchestra on the DVD. They sounded awesome but I found that seeing them didn't add or detract from the experience. They just took up unused stage room.

Yeah, me too. But, I fully expect to see jump cuts during the pyro explosions that will include shots like this (Crouching Conductor, Hidden Cellist):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx37m2dxWXc