TRF Icon Change?

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

TRF Icon Change?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep the TRF Tinkertoy icon, or replace it with a newer CA-related one?

• No, ditch the old tinkertoy and replace it with something CA-related! Let's be current!
    • Yes, the tinkertoy is a TRF tradition! It's oldschool TRF! Gotta keep it!

How about you have a contest??

Have members submit a title banner, forum icons (eg: tinker toys), a color scheme and a background image (if needed)

Then put it to a vote? Add all of them if it's simple enough? You choose a couple you like?

Do we need a new banner?

I think it would be cool to have a different one for each color scheme. I think there are a lot of creative people on this site - would be cool to see what some of them can come up with.

I like the idea of just different color schemes with only subtle differences between them, like maybe just the icons. The header is clean and CA-related. When the next studio album is released, that clock would be replaced with whatever theme the new album has.

Have members submit a title banner, forum icons (eg: tinker toys), a color scheme and a background image (if needed)

Then put it to a vote? Add all of them if it's simple enough? You choose a couple you like?

Do we need a new banner?

I think it would be cool to have a different one for each color scheme. I think there are a lot of creative people on this site - would be cool to see what some of them can come up with.

I like the idea of just different color schemes with only subtle differences between them, like maybe just the icons. The header is clean and CA-related. When the next studio album is released, that clock would be replaced with whatever theme the new album has.

Gotcha.

Do we need a new banner?

Gotcha.

Flying horses, crying roses. LOVE IT!

I like this idea, minus the banner since 73 gave it a no. We should start a big pinned thread and get the forum's attention...

New board, might as well throw in a couple of new skins as well :)

I like this idea, minus the banner since 73 gave it a no. We should start a big pinned thread and get the forum's attention...

New board, might as well throw in a couple of new skins as well :)

FYI...currently, the tinkertoy icon is winning 15-14. ;)

This is the only way to view the forum:

http://wonder-tonic....herushforum.com

That is freaky. Is that "Don't Cry for Me Argentina"? What an odd way to see the world. :eh:

I vote for change. Tinkertoy is cool, but we should update the look, imo.

That is freaky. Is that "Don't Cry for Me Argentina"? What an odd way to see the world. :eh:

Was changing the entire board not enough of an update for you? :LOL:

There's something classy about the geocities style. The only thing missing is obnoxiously loud music on every page.

:musicnote:

It was almost 14 years ago today,

Different Strings caught the band in play

Tinkertoys been going in and out of style

But they're guaranteed to raise a smile

So may I introduce to you.. the newest tying vote

No, the tinkertoy is a TRF tradition! It's oldschoooool!

:musicnote:

• Like 1

Do we need a new banner?

Why, er.. well, since you ask. Not that there's anything wrong with what you have, but I think maybe it you had something like this below there instead. Maybe even a hint of the swirl cloud behind it. Same effects, colors and tilt as you have it.. just more CA Rushy. For what my opinion is worth. :D

http://members.multimania.nl/andreb/clock.gif

:LOL: Yes, it was certainly a leap. In for a penny, in for a pound, eh?

Do we need a new banner?

Why, er.. well, since you ask. Not that there's anything wrong with what you have, but I think maybe it you had something like this below there instead. Maybe even a hint of the swirl cloud behind it. Same effects, colors and tilt as you have it.. just more CA Rushy. For what my opinion is worth. :D

http://members.multimania.nl/andreb/clock.gif

Of course I considered using actual CA artwork for the main logo (like the clock face you posted there), and throughout the board. But I'm under the impression that Rush management frowns upon that sort of thing -- copyrighted images and all. No doubt the people in the "higher office" have seen this site and are willing to look past the Signals font in the main logo and the tinkertoy icon, but we don't want to push it beyond that. That's why I used that alternate clock in the logo -- it's steampunk-ish, but it's not directly from the album artwork.

If we were to change the icon from the tinkertoy to something CA-related, it wouldn't be a direct lift from the album art. It would be altered somehow.

Poll is tied again. ;)

I assumed you were trying to be respectful to Rush and not use copyrighted album art, but there is precident. http://www.2112.net/...s/main/Home.htm has used album art for as long as I've been a guest. TRF provides links to Rush albums, etc. for purchase, and does in effect promote the band. I'm not sure they'd mind if you used their album art, but it is certainly right to error on the side of caution.

Tinkertoys :madra:

I've got it! Neil's bass drum, on that tilt, etc. With the symbols on it, which aren't exactly Rush's property. You're welcome :LOL:

http://www.andrewolson.com/blogpics/Photo-of-the-night---Manchester-NH---971_C1C9/image.png

I assumed you were trying to be respectful to Rush and not use copyrighted album art, but there is precident. http://www.2112.net/...s/main/Home.htm has used album art for as long as I've been a guest. TRF provides links to Rush albums, etc. for purchase, and does in effect promote the band. I'm not sure they'd mind if you used their album art, but it is certainly right to error on the side of caution.

Tinkertoys :madra:

And what a huge precedent it is. They post everything from album art to tourbooks and use a whole slew of it in their interface. I think that's all the precedent needed to use some CA images.