What did you think of the intro/outro videos?

USB Connector

The kid in 2112 was wearing glasses. Stewie doesn't wear glasses. It couldn't of been Stewie.

I looked up a bootleg on youtube. It's definitely not but it's pretty obvious that they intended it to be Stewie while avoiding copyright.

Personally, I think they've all been pretty funny, including these new ones. I loved it when Geddy's character says, "We happen to be G-nomes".

And the Starman farting before 2112- very funny. (farts are always funny....) That's one of the things I like about them. They can, and seem to like to, laugh at themselves. Taking something that was written as seriously as 2112 and adding a fart joke, or singing "Arrgh, we are The Pirates" on earlier tours? I think that's cool.

Keep 'em coming....

• Like 1

I think the second set intro video was just the right length because the beer lines were moving so slowly in Seattle it gave me enough time to get back to my seat for the start of the second set. As for the actual content, I have no idea what it was but it sounds like I didn't miss much. I think their intro/outro videos have sucked since after R30. The key: Jerry Stiller is a professional comedian, Rush is not. I agree with those who say the intro/outro videos just need to go away, go back to an under 1 minute intro video and that should be it.

I think that all future videos should be done with outside collaborators. The Jerry Stiller, South Park and "I Love you Man" videos were really something special. That's because they were done from a fan's prospective, you could relate to them, and they were genuinely very funny.

How cool would it be to have someone like Stephen Colbert do an intro? Or maybe a Jack Black thing. I know that big names like that cost money, but something tells me that Rush aren't necessarily starving artists these days. They could afford it.

Another idea would be to have someone like Steven Wilson do a cerebral kind of film for them, it would be a bit different from what you'd expect.

Although, ultimately, they could have a video where the boys just stand against a white background and talk about how much richer they are than everyone in the crowd, and I'd still just be happy to be at a Rush concert.

I was going to comment on this earlier, but didn’t because I just thought it was me as a Brit that didn’t ‘get’ the videos at all. But many seem to be of a similar opinion. I’ve only seen them via youtube(I have to wait until May to see them in the UK). I think they’ve been pretty bad, and only mildly amusing in parts. I can see the purpose of having them, but they are nowhere near as good as previous offerings.

I think the idea of having intro/outro videos is a great one, and they are there for a reason so I wouldn’t want to see them removed (plus with them the show lasts that magical ‘3 hours’)They wouldn’t be replaced by a few more songs either as some have suggested because part of the reason they’re there in the first place is to give the band a break.

I don’t think you can blame the band for the script, because I would imagine they would have other people writing them, with some creative input from the band, but I was expecting something better. So on the whole very disappointed with them…. If an R40 tour happens then that will be something special if they follow a similar line to what we saw for R30.

I think that all future videos should be done with outside collaborators. The Jerry Stiller, South Park and "I Love you Man" videos were really something special. That's because they were done from a fan's prospective, you could relate to them, and they were genuinely very funny.

How cool would it be to have someone like Stephen Colbert do an intro? Or maybe a Jack Black thing. I know that big names like that cost money, but something tells me that Rush aren't necessarily starving artists these days. They could afford it.

My uncle and I have been hoping that there would be a Trailer Park Boys video. I tweeted to Bubbles asking if there was a chance of that happening... maybe he'll see it!

Another idea would be to have someone like Steven Wilson do a cerebral kind of film for them, it would be a bit different from what you'd expect.

Although, ultimately, they could have a video where the boys just stand against a white background and talk about how much richer they are than everyone in the crowd, and I'd still just be happy to be at a Rush concert.

OH GOD not Jack Black he is terribly not funny, he ruined Beyond the Lighted Stage for me. Plus we'd probably have to hear a couple of his bloody power chords and awful singing.

I'm hoping they scrap the intro/outro crap entirely. They are musicians...not acotrs/comedians.

I think that they do the one at the end so that they can get out of there more quickly. If you've noticed, the second that their encore is over Alex and Neil go tearing offstage as if the place is on fire. Geddy says a quick goodbye/thanks and then follows, then the video starts. Buys them just enough time to avoid people flooding around the arena probably. JMO

I mostly enjoyed the videos. They even inspired my screen name. I suppose they could be a little shorter, but since the guys are like 1,000 years old, they do need a break. :D Maybe it helps keep the fans entertained during said break.

I found the entire concert to be more entertaining after having read the book too.

Generally speaking, I like the video's... on every tour. Jerry Stiller was hysterical, but the intro and outro video's from TIme Machine, were by far the best imo.

Sadly, this years video's simply didn't measure up for me... much like the setlist. Both the video's and the setlist were a miss for me.

I can't imagine how they could ever top the I love you, man outro. To me, that's as good as it gets.... but with Rush, you just never know!!!!

I thought the intro was funny, missed the 2nd set intro and left after the encore. I can take or leave them but you guys are kidding yourselves if you think getting rid of the videos means they're gonna play more songs!

The kid in 2112 was wearing glasses. Stewie doesn't wear glasses. It couldn't of been Stewie.

It was Stewie dressed up as all three members of RUSH at once. The Glasses was Geddy, The Hat was Neil, and you could see a couple of stands of hair on the sides of his head for Alex. I thought it was brilliant.

I thought the whole watchmaker thing was amusing at first but felt like it went on too long during the intro video. The time machine videos were amusing because they were jokes that could be understood just by having heard their greatest hits as opposed to these videos which were completely confusing unless you read the liner notes in the album. Heck it took me a while to understand what was going on and iTunes says I've gone through CA over 15 times.

Aside from that the visuals during the songs were top notch as usual. While I went for the music and not one bit for the intro video I'm just curious to know what other people thought. On an unrelated note I thought Stewie beating up the starman was a nice touch.

I'm the one who suggested Jay Baruchel as an actor for the vids.... Where's the gratitude?

So who is the hot chick at 0:50 into the intro, the one doing her nails,

Not too clear in this vid unfortunatly, but she got a cheer each night I saw the show !