What did you think of the intro/outro videos?

USB Connector

I thought the whole watchmaker thing was amusing at first but felt like it went on too long during the intro video. The time machine videos were amusing because they were jokes that could be understood just by having heard their greatest hits as opposed to these videos which were completely confusing unless you read the liner notes in the album. Heck it took me a while to understand what was going on and iTunes says I've gone through CA over 15 times.

Aside from that the visuals during the songs were top notch as usual. While I went for the music and not one bit for the intro video I'm just curious to know what other people thought. On an unrelated note I thought Stewie beating up the starman was a nice touch.

I find them to be the worst they've ever done. The Gah-nomes were the biggest culprit. Not funny at all.The first set intro video is tolerable. It was gonna be hard to top I Still Love You Man anyway, but jeez.

I Thought the new vds were cute but a little long. I was so hoping to see more of the Ga-Filter bit and those crazy characters. But the one thing I respect this band the most is they're always gonna mix it up :-) So it's all good. Tampa show was Fricken AWESOME I'm still in recovery mode :-)

I thought the whole watchmaker thing was amusing at first but felt like it went on too long during the intro video. The time machine videos were amusing because they were jokes that could be understood just by having heard their greatest hits as opposed to these videos which were completely confusing unless you read the liner notes in the album. Heck it took me a while to understand what was going on and iTunes says I've gone through CA over 15 times.

Aside from that the visuals during the songs were top notch as usual. While I went for the music and not one bit for the intro video I'm just curious to know what other people thought. On an unrelated note I thought Stewie beating up the starman was a nice touch.

So that was Stewie? It looked a,little like him but something was just not right about the way he looked and I wasn't sure it was him.

As for the vids they were not very funny.

I found the videos from the past 4 tours (R-30, S&A 07/08 and TM 10/11) to be far better than this years offering.

But this years were ok. Nothing great.

But this years setlist?

A+++++++

Tampa was as always a fantastic crowd and a stellar performance from Rush.

I have severe whiplash!

So that was Stewie? It looked a,little like him but something was just not right about the way he looked and I wasn't sure it was him.

As for the vids they were not very funny.

I wasn't exactly Stewie, it was meant to be him but it wasn't the exact likeness of him. I'm sure they did that to avoid any copyright stuff. As for the rest of the videos, the intro one was fine, straight and to the point like all intro videos should be. After the way too rediculously long opening video they had for last tour, I was surprised to see Rush come on stage so fast this time around. I thought for sure this one would be longer. I didn't care about the other ones, the sound wasn't too great for them at my show so I really couldn't hear what they were saying a lot of the time or what exactly the videos were about. Bottom line though is that the video for the second set was still too damn long. I'm paying to hear Rush play music, not to see them do bad sketch comedy.

• Like 1

Yeah, I didn't think that was Stewie either.

I liked the videos. Always do.

No sound for the intro in Newark?? Somebody got reamed I am sure for that!

I think the videos were terrible this year. Especially since they had great videos on the TMT. It was pretty funny to see the crowd so confused trying to understand what the band was saying in the video (it was very difficult to make it out) and like someone mentioned, if you didn't know the album (large percentage of the crowd) then you really had no idea what was going on.

Hopefully they didnt have to pay Jay Baruchel a boatload of money for that.

I assumed it was Stewie too at first, but just thought it was a bad recreation of him.

Scrap the intro/outro and use that time to play XANADU

Horrible this year. It's going to be tough to top the intro and outro from the Time Machine Tour, but man...they sucked! The intro to the 2nd set and outro to the show were just plain stupid. Not funny, not interesting and way too friggin' long...hopefully they'll do something better the next time around as I was really disappointed with this tours video stuff.

I look forward to their little films. It breaks up the show. It shows a lighter side of them. They're all in it together.

That's the way things should be.

Three. It's a magic number...

Unfortunately, the beginning film had no sound in Newark. I can just watch it on youtube. No problem

I happen to love listening to the responses from the people that are recording the youtube clips. Some of the responses to the Lil South Park clips were just as enjoyable as the clip itself.

I think the videos are well done, but I'm not really a big fan of them. I preferred the Rush of the old days when they cool, not funny. But, I must say, all three guys do a damn good job in front of the camera... even Neil. One major problem concerning the outdoor shows is that it's usually still daylight enough to prevent the audience from really seeing the opening video. Indoor shows, much better...

They were OK, not particularly memorable. Intros were short, which was kind of nice.

Dating myself a wee bit but I still miss the Three Stooges prelim!

• Like 1

I enjoyed them well enough. I liked the intro the best, second set intro was cute too and the closer was amusing. I confess I usually make for the door once the band leaves the stage after the encore. I'll see the movies on DVD. And, I've never thought that video/movie was Rush's forte.

The movies were funniest the first time when novel a few years ago. Diminishing marginal returns, I suppose.

The intro video was really great.

The video effects for songs were pretty great, especially The Anarchist.

The second set intro and outro videos were garbage.

They need to stop. They've gotten a lot worse. R30 videos were really cool, SnA was ok, TMT was starting to get a tad "meh" because they were so long, and now these videos are just unbearable. I never really thought that the boys were all that funny. I mean, they are casually funny in interviews and probably in really life, but when they are trying to be funny, it just doesn't work. I understand, it's hard to just turn it on.