Tampa Show A OK ;-)

WoW I got my wish for the Tampa show tonight!! Night "A" Set with the TSOR in the mix :-) Everything sounded very crisp. I really enjoyed the CA material and the awesome tribute to some very deep cuts, in which untill I actually heard with my own ears might have denied all the spoilers I have read. These guy's never cease to amaze me! Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Geddy was on fuckign FIRE tonight. I had to battle a horrible fever throughout the show, but I ignored it.

Also, what the f**k was with the audience in Sec. 17 and 16 during headlong flight?

SITTING DOWN!? I had to sit down until Red Sector A.

Also, me and this guy, and this other guy had our air instruments going.

I was Neil, and the Other two were Geddy, and Alex.

After the show, I got a "Sick air drums man!"

Edited by D3strukt

Tampa show review:

First set song list was less than ideal for this RUSH fan but the matierial was well received by the fans, and you could tell the boys were enjoying playing it, they were very enthusiastic musicians all night. The Analog kid was a standout in the first set.

The CA songs were awesome live, and the strings were very cool! SCOG absolutely fookin rocks! I cant believe they rotate that one, best song of the night!

Crowd was great, the amphitheater looked to be packed, and the boys played flawlessly on a perfect Nov. evening in Florida! Until next time!

WoW I got my wish for the Tampa show tonight!! Night "A" Set with the TSOR in the mix :-) Everything sounded very crisp. I really enjoyed the CA material and the awesome tribute to some very deep cuts, in which untill I actually heard with my own ears might have denied all the spoilers I have read. These guy's never cease to amaze me!

TSOR has been a regular in the set for awhile now. They stopped rotating it with Working Man pretty early in the tour.

I enjoyed the Clockwork Angels material more than the older stuff. I think they were having more fun playing it which translated into a better performance. I was in Orchestra 1 (Alex's side) 5 rows back right down front so I pretty much got to rock my face off. I have tons of pictures that I have to sort through. Something like 350. Edited by P33v3

It was a great night and the best possible set of all the ones circulating. Geddy's voice was right on target. String were amazing, specially in Manhattan Project and Red Sector A. I thought the Mix was a bit on the heavy side, too bassy specially Neil's Kick. They aren't a B-Bob group you know. Maybe Flava Flav was behind the board. LOL. Anyway, my kids loved it as did my wife and I miss Neil's cannon shirt by a row/. Maybe Next time Neil. Edited by losingit2k

It was a great night and the best possible set of all the ones circulating. Geddy's voice was right on target. String were amazing, specially in Mangattan Project and Red Sector A. I thought the Mix was a bit on the heavy side, too bassy specially Neil's Kick. They aren't a B-Bob group you know. Maybe Flava Flav was behind the board. LOL. Anyway, my kids loved it as did my wife and I miss Neil's cannon shirt by a row/. Maybe Next time Neil.

I made that observation on the way home. Neil's bass drowned out Geddy's bass, and even Alex for some of the quieter parts. Specifically in Territories.

It was a great night and the best possible set of all the ones circulating. Geddy's voice was right on target. String were amazing, specially in Mangattan Project and Red Sector A. I thought the Mix was a bit on the heavy side, too bassy specially Neil's Kick. They aren't a B-Bob group you know. Maybe Flava Flav was behind the board. LOL. Anyway, my kids loved it as did my wife and I miss Neil's cannon shirt by a row/. Maybe Next time Neil.

I made that observation on the way home. Neil's bass drowned out Geddy's bass, and even Alex for some of the quieter parts. Specifically in Territories.

Yeah I was hoping they'd correct it as the night went on, But Nope! It was Bassy throughout.

I scored a shirt from Neil.

I have Alex's shirt. Twisted!

He shot the last one right towards the middle section. I was in ORC 2 row S. It bounced right off the guys shoulder next to me on my left and i went down and snagged it and shoved it under my waist.

Really cool. I was not expecting anything like that.

As far as the show mixing issues aside, they brought the house down. Set one was fantastic. But set two really went to another level.

The title track was more epic and majestic than I could have imagined. The Anarchist was sick. Headlong Flight melted my face off.

The Strings were amazing.

Red Sector A was amazing.

The entire show was just a massive jam fest. These guys were on fire all night. Geddy sounded pristine.

Exhausted.

Were you part of a small altercation...over the shirt? Your neighbors seemed pissed

I had zero part of whatever they were upset about. The shirt hit the guy right next to me.....I reached down on the floor, picked it right up...put it under my shirt and pants and continued to enjoy the rest of the show.

What was the fuss going on next to me?

I was the guy wearing the Signals shirt.....jamming all night LOL.

As far as the guys right to my left....we were cool all night...after the shirt thing too so I had nothing to do with whatever went on.

Edited by Todem

I thought it was just ok, actually.

Random thoughts:

1. It was cool to get out of my car at my hotel at 3:15 PM and hear the Subdivisions sound check.

2. Definite mix problems with the bass.

3. Geddy's best vocal performance I've heard in awhile.

4. TBE is a dud live. Again, maybe the mix problems.

5. Enjoyed the strings, but largely drowned out.

6. A guy behind me moaned, "enough with the new album," before The Garden.

7. The crowd was big and supportive, moreso during the familiar tracks.

I'd put this set list near the bottom of the shows I've seen, dating back to 87. Any show with RSA in it automatically drops a few notches--blech.

First, the OP has a cool user name. When the chorus for The Anarchist hit I had goosebumps. Amazing. Loved the way the part in Headlong Flight (I have stoked the fire...) works live. They get a real groove going in that part. I thought Territories was the weaker song but The Body Electric just seemed a little too slow. If they would have sped that up a bit it might have worked better. I didn;t notice problems with the mix but I was 20' behind the console so it may have sounded differently in other parts of ampitheater. Loved the Wreckers but Alex sounded slightly out of tune especially in the intro. Geddy really seemed to appreciate the crowd, said we were outstanding.

I had a couple of friends with me whom never seen Rush, (one a drummer, one a bass player). I looked over at them few times throughout the show only to find their mouths hanging open with amazement.

We were seated two rows back from the sound board. As a sound guy myself, I thought the mix was good. I didn't feel the lower end was hotter than the rest of the mix. Although, I felt the sound guy could have turned up the volume a little more in the beginning, and some of the orchestra parts could have been a little more pronounced at times.

We planned this event like a vacation and we were not disappointed.

Rush is the best!

Rush has always been a musician's band first, so I'm not surprised to hear your buddies were amazed at their playing. Same thiing as a Dream Theater show. People just stare amazed...

I KNEW I WASN'T HEARING THINGS

This show has to be the show where the Strings actually filled the sound in. It wasn't in Charlotte, or Atlanta.

Needless to say, I loved it.

Where were your seats?