Atlanta setlist swap - a song from Buffalo makes a return.

Snaked

Man......that is a let down. Dropping out Middletown Dreams and Body Electric for a song that has been played a gazzillion times.....come on guys....stop reading the internet.

I pray and hope Saturday night I get the real A setlist. No Limelight......and Limelight is one of my top 5 Rush songs of all time. But I am pumped for deep cuts!!!!

MORE DEEP CUTS!!!!

This tour is awesome....don't f**k with it!!!!

Edited by Todem

Man......that is a let down. Dropping out Middletown Dreams and Body Electric for a song that has been played a gazzillion times.....come on guys....stop reading the internet.

I pray and hope Saturday night I get the real A setlist. No Limelight......and Limelight is one of my top 5 Rush songs of all time. But I am pumped for deep cuts!!!!

MORE DEEP CUTS!!!!

Imagine..... Imagine if we get freaking Middletown Dreams though on Saturday! The setlist would be complete then. f**k yes it would.

I'll agree with the Limelight comments. I'm here in Atlanta and i sure wasn't expecting that one tonight. BUT... you really never get EVERYTHING you want in a given night. I don't care who you're talking about.

My main complaint so far? Alex's guitar tone. Sounds like garbage. Here's to a smokin' 2nd set...

I get dropping Body Electric for Limelight, but Middletown Dreams? That song was one of the reasons that I wanted to see the show again. Move The Pass to set A and drop Bravado. Like this:

Setlist A

Subdivisons

The Big Money

Force 10

Grand Designs

Limelight

Territories

The Analog Kid

The Pass

Where's My Thing?

Far Cry

Setlist B

Subdivisons

The Big Money

Force 10

Grand Designs

Middletown Dreams

Territories

The Analog Kid

Limelight

Where's My Thing?

Far Cry

Crap. I really wanted MD too.

Edited by Dscrapre

Awesome show. People much more animated and vocal at this show than any I've been to. There were a few goofs here and there but I imagine some of it was due to the cold. Geddys voice was in top form tonight. He hit notes I've not heard him hit in a couple of years.

Just got back from the Atlanta show, and it was another solid performance by the guys. I was disappointed with the inclusion of Limelight instead of either Body Electric or Middletown Dreams, but otherwise they did all of the songs in rotation that I wanted to see from them live.

IMO, the main beef I had with thes how was the performance early in the set. It seemed that Geddy was all over the place in singing Big Money, and for whateve reason, the band sounded "off" for much of the first set. It wasn't until The Pass that the band really started to click and the show was excellent from then out.

Man, I would have been furious!!! Ha ha... I'm only half serious... But, I don't need to say, again, how Middletown Dreams is my ultimate, favorite Rush song. Seeing it live has been one of the things I've hoped for since I became a fan, but never imagined that they would ever bring it back. Since the beginning of the tour, I've been making plans to make that 5 hour drive to Atlanta even though Charlotte (Night A) was a lot closer. Things kept getting in the way...then I found a way to work it out...then, I got sidelined again and couldn't go last night!!! I don't feel so bad about it anymore. I'm sure the show was fantastic, but I can't put into words how important a song MD is to me and if I would have made that drive only for them to NOT play it....man, I would have probably burst into tears. default/facepalm.gif Edited by Gemari77

MORE DEEP CUTS!!!!

Don't worry Todem, If Atlanta confirms anything its that we'll probably get the full revised "A" set in Tampa, Revised meaning Seven Cities of Gold instead of Wish them Well. I Hope! My kids really want to hear The Body Electric! 1001001!

Wouldn't it be great if we get this setlist in Tampa?:

Subdivsions

The Big Money

Limelight

Grand Design

The Body Electric

Territiories

The Analog Kid

Middletown Dreams

Where's My Thing?

Far Cry

default/icon_alienjig.gif default/icon_alienjig.gif default/icon_alienjig.gif

Edited by losingit2k

Actually, I think they should drop Territories for Limelight and keep TBE and MD.

Territories was kind of a downpoint in Chicago, even for me, and I like Territories.

I mean, who thought that we would EVER get Middletown? I certainly didn't. Now they just take it away? Not cool guys.

Regarding the inevetible live DVD/CD: How many live versions of Limelight do you have? Counting bootlegs, I have 9! Now, how many versions of Middletown Dreams or Body Electric do you have?

Edited by Dscrapre

I was really let down not getting to hear Middletown Dreams...hell not even Manhattan Project. And to replace it with Dreamline? I've heard that live a number of times.

Regardless, to me the highlight of the show is the Clockwork Angels set. It really was engaging and sounded amazing live. For being a new album and new songs, etc., the crowd was really into it.

to me the highlight of the show is the Clockwork Angels set.

Hear, hear. No question that the new material is what really motivated me to drive 6 hrs by myself to catch a show on this tour. Without a doubt. Having said that, I must say that I really wasn't too happy with the sound production in Atlanta the other night. I'm a musician myself, and I've been around the music scene for nearly 30 years now. I'm not a sonic scientist, but I do have a discerning ear, and I can tell good from bad. (Note: in no way does loud necessarily mean good.) In relation to the production I've heard on previous tours, the main offender in Atlanta was definitely Alex's guitar tone. Frankly, it just sounded like garbage. And I'd love to know why that was the case. Personally, I suspect it has a great deal to do with him moving away from his most recent on-stage Hughes & Kettner Triamp-based rig. Seems to me like it's much more a preamp / amplifier issue, as opposed to a guitar issue. I must admit that I haven't done any homework with regard to his current rig / setup, but his tone the other night was sure as hell a big disappointment. Anyone else notice this?

Edited by ARParr

^^^ I didn't notice anything but then again I'm not a musician...I just like listening to music. So what you speak of is way over my head. I do have a friend of mine however, who was at the show and is a musician and he may be able to offer up his POV. I will be curious to hear his reply when I ask him. Edited by mazyyz

I was fine with them dropping Manhattan Project, as its never been a favorite of mine. I love Dreamline, and so does my wife, who was thrilled to hear that live. Us old school fans may get tired of some songs, but for folks like my wife who are relatively new to the band, I am glad they do Limelight and Dreamline.

Honestly this show was a good mix of hits and deep cuts. They covered the ones they had to, as well as the new material (love that too!) and I still heard a few live I hadn't heard in concert before. I went away happy.

As for Al's guitar tone, it did sound a little flat, but I chalked it up to being on Ged's side of the stage, and not being able to hear it as well. I didn't realize it sounded that way to everyone. But it wasn't distracting. It was still a great show.

I agree with mazyyz, except that it's not over my head. What a bunch of overthinking, overanalytical, egghead crap. I was at Atlanta and loved it all. I saw them in Indianapolis and yes, it was a better, more controlled show. Be a fan. Enjoy what they decided to bring to you. All bands make mistakes. They blew the piano line in The Garden; so what if it wasn't perfect? I hope it happened because they were high. And what the hell kind of sound quality do you expect in an outdoor venue in the low 50s at show time and dropped almost ten degrees before they were done? They had fricking propane heaters on stage. Geddy appreciated people out in the chill. I think they rewarded the Atlanta crowd with Limelight, and how cool was hearing Dreamline with Jupiter right next to the moon just over our shoulders? All of you and your IMOs and POVs? I wish you well.