Most miserable person you've seen at a Rush show?

Alchemical

The guy next to me last night was having a really bad night. He wasn't very old (maybe in his 40's) but got pissed when they started Territories, saying "oh another f*ckin new one." Went downhill from there. He ended up sitting and complaining with his friend the rest of the first set, then they were making snide comments about me (mostly because of my age) during intermission... then came the part where he pulled out his iphone and decided to let me in on the great secret of hearing Freewill and Working Man, like he just blew my mind. Anyway, the guy was such a dick during the first set & intermission that I was kind of happy about having the farts during the second set, during which time he continued to sit and chat with his friend. Red Sector A came around, and he told his friend they were playing Subdivisions. After screaming out the wrong words to the first part of Tom Sawyer, he stopped, tried again, but ended up just doing that "I don't know the words but I'm gonna make noise anyway" thing. As soon as the house lights came back on, he screamed "This is bullshit! What about Working Man!" So yeah, he had an expensive, bad night... and because he was such a dick, I really hope my farts were extra stinky down there.
  • Like 1

The guy next to me last night was having a really bad night. He wasn't very old (maybe in his 40's) but got pissed when they started Territories, saying "oh another f*ckin new one." Went downhill from there. He ended up sitting and complaining with his friend the rest of the first set, then they were making snide comments about me (mostly because of my age) during intermission... then came the part where he pulled out his iphone and decided to let me in on the great secret of hearing Freewill and Working Man, like he just blew my mind. Anyway, the guy was such a dick during the first set & intermission that I was kind of happy about having the farts during the second set, during which time he continued to sit and chat with his friend. Red Sector A came around, and he told his friend they were playing Subdivisions. After screaming out the wrong words to the first part of Tom Sawyer, he stopped, tried again, but ended up just doing that "I don't know the words but I'm gonna make noise anyway" thing. As soon as the house lights came back on, he screamed "This is bullshit! What about Working Man!" So yeah, he had an expensive, bad night... and because he was such a dick, I really hope my farts were extra stinky down there.

Wow. What an ignoramus.

Wow. What an ignoramus.

Yep. But he did inspire me to listen to the first album while I was stuck in traffic earlier, so that was cool. Haven't listened to it in forever, and really enjoyed Before and After. Fun album, but thank everything holy for Neil.

It looks like the problem (that I had on pg 1) was due to Photobucket. That site's a mess. This is the poor bored girl I was talking about (let's hope this link works better).

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/217209_1025349468313_1038_n.jpg

That is both sad and annoying. She looks like she just crawled out of bed, where she should have stayed. Everyone looks like slobs out in public now anyway, at least in the US, but to look sloppy and bored, and at a Rush show, major fail. I don't get it, life is short, why are are so many people just standing or sitting there. Aversion to fun? Boredom preference? Not appreciating something special. :(

Fourtunetly I don't recall any particularily miserable people at any Rush shows I've been at, not that I would let it bring me down. But I did want to chime in because a few nights ago I had the pleasure of seeing Sir Paul Mccartney for the first time. My friend and I were having a good time but these clowns behind us were talking constantly through every non beatles song like Mrs Vandebilt and Band on the run. I wasn't going to let it ruin those songs for me so I stood up to block their view. I think the most annoying thing was that when he was speaking, somewhat softly, in between songs paying tribute to his lost friends we couldn't hear most of it. It's like they were at home watching a baseball that already had a 10-0 lead.

People that seem to try to make me the most miserable person are the worst. I attend all of the bands Las Vegas shows, so taking my wife is must. She has become a wonderfull companion and fan in her own right. The current state of what I refer to as the "not here now" segment of our ever de-volving society are quickly making my visits to all shows and sporting events barely worth the effort. At this years Vegas show a couple arrives somewhere around Limelight, proceeds to seem nice enough in conversation during intermission, and then proceed to spend the second set texting, shooting some video, pictures and constantly talking to each other until I finally a few songs in politely told them they are annoying and distracting. I was intially met with a "whats your problem" type look from the guy,huh? They then were quiet for a few songs and left after Spirit. I understand its Vegas and all, that all things inpolite are magnified but how people can't take 3 hours off from thier fakebook life and enjoy seemingly anything thats not about themselves is sad indeed.

The greatest gift my wife gave me was letting me spend the money to go to three Rush concerts this year. The greatest gift I gave her is telling her she did not have to go to three Rush concerts this year. But I certainly understand wanting to share something you enjoy with someone you love.

I did not see alot of miserable people at the shows I went to but the enthusiam was way down for the first set in Detroit. Not so much in Vegas where there was a better setlist or Phoenix where they were filming. I was pretty miserable for the first part in Vegas because I'm handicapped and cannot sit without putting my leg off the side, in front of the seat next to me. Yes I took a chance by buying VIP tickets because I did not know where the seats were but I wanted the best seats I could get. In Detroit everyone in the row gladly moved over one seat so I could sit on the aisle, which was awesome. In Vegas they did not want to move, no problem thier seats thier right. I was pretty sore by intermission but luckily there were only two people in the entire 12th row center stage, two rows in front of me so a couple of us moved up for the rest of the concert. So I guess the most miserable people might have been the 16 people who had 12th row tickets and did not use them!

And to those who critisizing those of us who think the pre1982 stuff was best please remember if we were not buying all those 8-tracks back then Rush may not have lasted long enough to record all that new-fangled synthisized whachamacallit :codger:

The most miserable person at any RUSH shows usually shows up after the show to clean the toilets!

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :rage: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

:goodone:

I've never thought of that fact...boy, what a mess!

It looks like the problem (that I had on pg 1) was due to Photobucket. That site's a mess. This is the poor bored girl I was talking about (let's hope this link works better).

Well, I don't blame her a bit. She was supposed to get Married that night. Unforetunately, Hubby is a RUSH fan.

Edited by losingit2k

.............but how people can't take 3 hours off from thier fakebook life and enjoy seemingly anything thats not about themselves is sad indeed.

Absolutely AWESOME statement!!

Yeah, Unless its opening night and they are reporting the setlist!

:notworthy: :haz: :rush: :haz: :notworthy:

I remember at the S & A tour in Minneapolis, there was this SMOKIN' HOT power babe... actually, more like a CERTFIFIED AND REGISTERED (and probably had the papers to prove it) power babe sitting right in front of me and she had a look on her face that said, maybe, just maybe, her cat pissed on her pizza just an hour before the show. Her three female friends were standing up most of the time and were real fans of the band... singing along, high fiving each other at the beginning of every song... But, not her. She sat on her (very nice little) ass the whole time with her arms crossed like she was having a level five crisis. During the intermission I finally said to her, "I take it you're not a huge Rush fan." She just scowled at me with one of those looks...

I was going to ask her a few more quick questions... "What's the matter, did you put your tampon in the wrong hole by mistake or something? String and all? And, it's in there for good?"

As I said, I was GOING to ask her a few more quick questions... the proof that I didn't is the simple fact that I don't still have the heel of a stilletto stuck in my big, bald head more than five years later.

Damn, she was HOT though... but as I've learned over the years, the hotter they, the more of a pain in the ass they are. Usually.

So, I am now in search of a "pretty hot" chick who wants to live in the middle of "Nowhere, Canada." Free Health Care... :D

Well, at the December 2nd show in Houston, there was this guy a few rows in front of us, he was moving his arms to the music like he was high or something... I'll see if I can find some footage of it, because I surely did saw people recording him! :P

Well, I don't blame her a bit. She was supposed to get Married that night. Unforetunately, Hubby is a RUSH fan.

LOL!

IMHO that would be a GREAT way to start a marriage!

• Like 1

LOL!

IMHO that would be a GREAT way to start a marriage!

She must have misread the tickets, and thought it was a "Big Time Rush" show see was going to, haha :-p

I had second row seats for the San Jose show. The guy right next to me sat the entire time with his arms folded, while the woman he was with rocked out. It was bizarre. It was like he refused to even try and have a good time. I just kept thinking about all the people who would have loved that seat.

You should have grab the back of his chair, gave it a yank and rolled him out of it. Then, waved for someone else to come and sit with HIS girlfriend... and rock out with her and everyone esle up front!

Maybe he thought he was going to a Classical Jazz concert...

I have only been to one Rush concert.

As soon as they started playing - I entered my own 'Rush-world' and the rest of the audience failed to exist as far as I was concerned.

The audience could have been doing the chicken dance lol and I wouldn't have noticed.