I wonder why it was just Buffalo? *spoilers*

I wonder why it was just Buffalo that got Limelight? The absence of it in Cleveland only proves the one-off time of Limelight in the setlist. I wonder why they're so special? Similarly, during Muse's previous tour, they only played Bliss in Vancouver and no where else. I wonder why certain cities get these special one-off songs?

How is Limelight a "special" one-off song? I mean, I get "one-off," but how is it "special?"

several off the songs on the set-list change from venue to venue. We got body-electric tonight, in Charlotte, but I guess Buffalo got limelight. I know the guy next to me had the set list and was tickled to death when they added a song, but got mad later when they dropped one. I like it, because you get a suprise.

I got surprised when they opened with Subdivisions. I purposely didn't peep out the setlist, and I almost fainted when my favorite song started playing. I was like Fred Sanford.

Not having limelight Cleveland didn't bother me, heard it enough previous tours.

Really liked Grand Designs always been one of my favorites!!

Please please please play limelight instead of Body Electric in Tampa!! Looks like we will get SCOG which is muy bueno!!

I think it's because Buffalo truly is a magical place.

that or after drinking a 12'er of genny cream ale and ripping a few hits through a Chiavettas filled bong Alex felt particulary inspired.

seriously though, buffalo is a rush crazy town, i lived there in the 70's and saw my first show at the aud. i remember a battle of the bands on 97 rock and it came down to rush and bob seger, with seger winning.

I think it's because Buffalo truly is a magical place.

that or after drinking a 12'er of genny cream ale and ripping a few hits through a Chiavettas filled bong Alex felt particulary inspired.

seriously though, buffalo is a rush crazy town, i lived there in the 70's and saw my first show at the aud. i remember a battle of the bands on 97 rock and it came down to rush and bob seger, with seger winning.

I remember when Rush beat Zep for the "Battle of the Bands" on 97 Rock. I cannot remember the year though....Long Live "Snortin' Norton!"

Edited by drgrendel

As I said in another thread about this, I think the reason it was played is because we didn't have a date on the last tour. Since Buffalo has been one of Rush's regular stops since the mid 70s, maybe they remembered that the people here didn't get to see them do all of MP. So they played that one as a way to make up for it.

It's also possible they were just in the mood for it that night or somebody sent out some special request of some kind for them to play it.

Please please please play limelight instead of Body Electric in Tampa!! Looks like we will get SCOG which is muy bueno!!

I'm so TIRED of the SAME SHIT. Stop ENABLING THEM TO PLAY THE SAME SONGS ALL THE TIME.

Thers no crying is RUSHDOM! Hearing that opening riff to Limelight NEVER gets old to me, especially when it would be replacing a snoozer like Body Electric.

I'm so TIRED of the SAME SHIT. Stop ENABLING THEM TO PLAY THE SAME SONGS ALL THE TIME.

Thers no crying is RUSHDOM! Hearing that opening riff to Limelight NEVER gets old to me, especially when it would be replacing a snoozer like Body Electric.

+1

As I said in another thread about this, I think the reason it was played is because we didn't have a date on the last tour. Since Buffalo has been one of Rush's regular stops since the mid 70s, maybe they remembered that the people here didn't get to see them do all of MP. So they played that one as a way to make up for it.

It's also possible they were just in the mood for it that night or somebody sent out some special request of some kind for them to play it.

Yup

Snoozer? It's a song that they RARELY play.

I don't like it that much either, but I'd rather hear TBE, than Limelight, which i've heard on every tour since 1996. It's about time it was retired.

I don't like it that much either, but I'd rather hear TBE, than Limelight, which i've heard on every tour since 1996. It's about time it was retired.

I've seen them every tour since T4E to and i'm not bored with Limelight yet. Some people who go to multiple shows seem to get this attitude that Rush owes them more rarities just because you've seen them a lot. Well, guess what, they don't. All they owe you is to continue to write good albums and perform great shows for you, that's it. People need to remember that even though you're hearing Limelight for the upteenth time live it's not the same for other people at the show. It's always somebody's first Rush show and that's usually one of the songs people want to hear from them and I completely understand that and I get that's why the song is played so much.

I was really looking for to hearing The Body Electric at this show but Limelight was a nice surprise. It also helps that the song trade was even as far as i'm conserned.

I've seen them every tour since T4E to and i'm not bored with Limelight yet. Some people who go to multiple shows seem to get this attitude that Rush owes them more rarities just because you've seen them a lot. Well, guess what, they don't. All they owe you is to continue to write good albums and perform great shows for you, that's it. People need to remember that even though you're hearing Limelight for the upteenth time live it's not the same for other people at the show. It's always somebody's first Rush show and that's usually one of the songs people want to hear from them and I completely understand that and I get that's why the song is played so much.

I was really looking for to hearing The Body Electric at this show but Limelight was a nice surprise. It also helps that the song trade was even as far as i'm conserned.

Err, i've been to ONE show each tour, minus S&A (2) and TMT (0).

I'm not arrogant enough to think they owe me anything. I'm just glad they finally stopped playing what EVERYONE wants to hear, ALL the TIME.

Yeah, they're no 1998-2005 Black Sabbath Juke Box. But they sure play Limelight, and a lot of the other "hits" quite a bit, these past few years. It's time they gave them a rest.

I'm not arrogant enough to think they owe me anything. I'm just glad they finally stopped playing what EVERYONE wants to hear, ALL the TIME.

Yeah, they're no 1998-2005 Black Sabbath Juke Box. But they sure play Limelight, and a lot of the other "hits" quite a bit, these past few years. It's time they gave them a rest.

I think you're making too big of a deal out of a one time change. They're back to doing TBE/Middletown again, so I don't really see what the big deal is with this? It's not like they decided to stop playing all the rare/new songs and decided to go with a greatest hits set for the rest of the tour. Even with switching out TBE for LL the set still had more rarities and new stuff then anything else. It's not like LL shifted the song balance of the set that much at all. I also don't understand why people are upset when they play this or that song all the time, you're not going to every show why is that an issue? You're not hearing Limelight every night so why should it bother you if they play it all the time or not?

Edited by J2112YYZ

I think you're making too big of a deal out of a one time change. They're back to doing TBE/Middletown again, so I don't really see what the big deal is with this? It's not like they decided to stop playing all the rare/new songs and decided to go with a greatest hits set for the rest of the tour. Even with switching out TBE for LL the set still had more rarities and new stuff then anything else. It's not like LL shifted the song balance of the set that much at all. I also don't understand why people are upset when they play this or that song all the time, you're not going to every show why is that an issue? You're not hearing Limelight every night so why should it bother you if they play it all the time or not?

Because, I don't want limelight (and happily they didn't play it in Cleveland. I'm getting A in Tampa. So i'm happy.). Not only that, but the placement is horrible. Right between two synth songs.

Ruins the flow. Heard MANY boots from the tour so far. Watched the Limelight video on YT. It just seemed so "through the motions."

Because, I don't want limelight (and happily they didn't play it in Cleveland. I'm getting A in Tampa. So i'm happy.). Not only that, but the placement is horrible. Right between two synth songs.

Ruins the flow. Heard MANY boots from the tour so far. Watched the Limelight video on YT. It just seemed so "through the motions."

I agree. I listened to the Buffalo show, and Limelight felt very out of place between the two PoW songs. And the performance felt very through the motions to me, too.

-Jane

It's going to be interesting what they play in Seattle since it follows a 10 day break. Might not be anything different than the recent "B" setlist but might be changed around. WTW is on that list and SCOG isn't and I know they've been swapped for each other on a "B" night once so maybe on 11/13 as well? Maybe Limelight? Maybe Manghattan Project will be dropped in for one of the other songs off PoW? Kinda cool to be kept wondering a bit.

12 days to showtime!!

Edited by driventotheedge

I am a diehard fan, obviously. But I've only seen Rush live once, on the Counterparts tour. My fiancée also became a big fan this year. We have tickets to the San Antonio show, and we would be delighted if they play Limelight. It's one of my five favorite Rush songs. There are plenty of album cuts in the setlist. Why is Limelight so offensive for some? Rush does still attract new fans, keep in mind. Having contempt for fans--be they veteran or new--who want to hear Limelight is a little silly. I would argue that fan elitism of that nature drives away people who are coming to the band for the first time. Isn't a balanced setlist that caters to fans new and old the best solution?

I am a diehard fan, obviously. But I've only seen Rush live once, on the Counterparts tour. My fiancée also became a big fan this year. We have tickets to the San Antonio show, and we would be delighted if they play Limelight. It's one of my five favorite Rush songs. There are plenty of album cuts in the setlist. Why is Limelight so offensive for some? Rush does still attract new fans, keep in mind. Having contempt for fans--be they veteran or new--who want to hear Limelight is a little silly. I would argue that fan elitism of that nature drives away people who are coming to the band for the first time. Isn't a balanced setlist that caters to fans new and old the best solution?