2013 US tour definitely happening

nhlrush

Well...I am really happy that the band will continue to deliver their sound in 2013. I am hoping that, if there are future tours, the following will take place:

1. A well-balanced set list. Now...this does not mean going back to the beginning of creation to pull tracks. IMO, VT was the last really great album tour because they mixed their new material in with the other stuff. The past two tours, fans got a chunk of new stuff all at once. Whatever possessed someone to think this up? In all honesty, CA did not have to be delivered back-toback-to-back-to-back-to-back....

2. Diversity regarding their stops. Some markets that had lower attendance figures have been RUSH saturated. Don't they have a tour strategist? With the "economy" concerns, one would think that they would understand that abscence makes the heart grow fonder.

3. Intro/Outro videos face a violent death. Yup.....

4. Better VIP Packages. Seriously? A band known for quality throwing this crap out to the fans? I won't even go into the waiting period issue....

In sum, it has been made clear to me that RUSH is not a band that understands the term balance too well. With all of the material that they have and the nice following that they generate, it seems strange that they do not mix it up even more.

Just an opinion. Bash away.

Edited by drgrendel

We'll probably hear something official soon, concerts from other artists for next summer are starting to be announced. Roger Waters is touring "The Wall" in stadiums in Europe next summer.

Now that would be awesome to see. The sound from thoses shows is of the highest quality. Good for Roger!

+2. This song has really grown on me. Didnt think it was so special when I first heard it, but after I recently heard it live Jersey, now count me among the converted. Tremendous tune from what I believe will be their last full-length album.

If Clockwork Angels is their last album then The Garden is the perfect song to end a career on.

+1.

s Edited by greg2112

Any word on the Radio City Music Hall rumour?

This is all I really care about for next year, PLEASE keep any information coming people!

You and me both!!

I will say, a friend of mine who is not a big Rush fan, told me that she heard that they are playing three nights there and in her words, "filming a concert movie or something."

I've got me fingers crossed, my toes too in fact!

I'd love to see them back in Atlanta, which if it didn't sell out came damn close.

However, knowing the uncertainty of Rush's touring future, I will travel to see them if need be.

I've traveled the last 6 times to see them so it has become a well looked forward road trip for my old high school buddies and myself. I'm hoping St. Louis again so we can plan another one. I would almost be disappointed to drive home the same night as the show!

(seriously, I wouldn't complain though)

I've traveled the last 6 times to see them so it has become a well looked forward road trip for my old high school buddies and myself. I'm hoping St. Louis again so we can plan another one. I would almost be disappointed to drive home the same night as the show!

(seriously, I wouldn't complain though)

Kansas City - Starlight Theater. AWESOME venue!

Well...I am really happy that the band will continue to deliver their sound in 2013. I am hoping that, if there are future tours, the following will take place:

1. A well-balanced set list. Now...this does not mean going back to the beginning of creation to pull tracks. IMO, VT was the last really great album tour because they mixed their new material in with the other stuff. The past two tours, fans got a chunk of new stuff all at once. Whatever possessed someone to think this up? In all honesty, CA did not have to be delivered back-toback-to-back-to-back-to-back....

2. Diversity regarding their stops. Some markets that had lower attendance figures have been RUSH saturated. Don't they have a tour strategist? With the "economy" concerns, one would think that they would understand that abscence makes the heart grow fonder.

4. Better VIP Packages. Seriously? A band known for quality throwing this crap out to the fans? I won't even go into the waiting period issue....

In sum, it has been made clear to me that RUSH is not a band that understands the term balance too well. With all of the material that they have and the nice following that they generate, it seems strange that they do not mix it up even more.

NO...no reason to bash. That's your opinion.

As long as they return to South Florida!

:codger:

No doubt in my mind they will. I hope they play Sunrise vs West Palm. That shed in WPB is a dump. Love the indoor shows at Sunrise.

Edited by Todem

I'd would even take a date in Orolando over no date at all!

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

I am sure we will get at least 2 Florida dates next year...I will be at all the Florida dates no doubt.

NO...no reason to bash. That's your opinion.

Agree. I'm not bashing you either cuz bashing someone's opinion is horseshit. I do disagree with the intro/outro video comment. They've been generally entertaining over the years though this tour they aren't getting good reviews and when I go to the Seattle show Tues. I'll find out for myself. Agree with your setlist comment. I'm totally good with all the CA stuff in a row on this tour, but mixing it up and balancing eras would be nice. The VT tour was an excellent set to be sure.

• Like 1

I'd would even take a date in Orlando over no date at all!

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

I am sure we will get at least 2 Florida dates next year...I will be at all the Florida dates no doubt.

As will I, And the rest of my brew. I do hope they change the setlist a bit to include Losing It this time around. Pllllllleeeeeeeeesssssssse!

:codger:

I will see them at any chance I can until they call it a day!

I agree with this completely. That's why I just drove 6 hrs to Atlanta the other night. Might have been my last chance. Who the hell knows?

Anyway, what I really mean to say is that I just noticed that you & I were both at the 4/17/86 Baltimore gig!! Too cool. I grew up in Annapolis, and was 14 at the time. Incidentally, that was my first gig. Many more since then, although it doesn't look like our paths crossed again...