2013 US tour definitely happening

nhlrush

Not sure if this has been covered, but just read about the possiblity of radio city and a 30 show tour for 2013...

can't tell you about RCMH, but a 2013 US leg is a guarantee....

There is no way they are going to have the crew and the string ensemble come back out next May and go to Europe for 11 shows and then end the tour.....they just wouldn't get the whole thing cranked up again for such a short stint....plus, after months and months off for the winter and early spring, I am sure they would probably do some sort of brief rehearsals, just to get back into the groove...]

They are not going to do all that for 11 Euro shows...

plus they skipped so many major markets like Denver, Salt Lake City, Nashville, New Orleans, Raleigh...

and if they did do the sheds again, you've got the typical northeast places like Scranton, Saratoga, Jones Beach, PNC NJ...

they drew very well in Newark, Brookyln, Philly, Boston.....I am sure they would return to the huge markets like those and Detroit and Chicago...

plus they have already admitted that the way a band makes money these days is touring....they are proud of CA, they like the ensemble, so they are going to milk it for at least another US leg in 2013....

They also have done the same type thing with Snakes in '07 and '08 and time machine in '10 & '11, so this would just be the completion of the pattern....

They've been routing 2013 US dates since before this year's tour began. They're still all over the place on dates and potential routing thought. Either some before Europe and some after like 2011 or all after Europe. They literally have holds at venues on opposite sides of the country on the same day so there's a number of shapes the 2013 tour can still take but there will be one for sure. As pointed out above, they don't gear up the whole machine for only a small handful of dates. It doesn't make sense economically.

Just to clarify, i don't have a source per se....i have heard from crew members they have already been retained for 2013 tour....as mentioned above, they are routing it as we speak and i heard from another crew member that dates might be released as soon as week after thanksgiving....

plus, you don't really need a source, just common sense, as said also above, there is no way to hire the string ensemble and especially crew for 11 shows in 2013....that's just the way it is...

plus, every interview from the band themselves continually discusses how much they love the new material and how much they want to tour NOW while they can...

i can totally see the following happening....

2013.....final leg of Clockwork Angels tour...

2014....40th anniversary tour (hopefully with more of the standard classics, i.e. Xanadu, Trees, Hemispheres, Natural Science, Freewill, etc. etc.)

2015...possible spillover of 40th anniversary tour, or just resting....

2016/17/18 (depending on when they create new material) Another full north american/euro tour highlighting a new album....

beyond that....who knows, but by 2022, they will be 70....if neil can still do three hours of touring at that point, god bless him but you figure the rush machine will come to a halt by the end of this decade, assuming they are all still aboard and want to do this...

for the future I am totally in favor of them doing smaller venues like theatres that hold like 3,500 to 6,000...but i am not sure they will do that....

I have been to 10 shows on this tour, with 3 more texas shows to go....they have filled buildings on the weekend shows, and during the week shows haven't sold as well with many upper level of arenas have been curtained off, but they still have drawn about 7,500 to 9,000 at those shows.....philly on a friday night was packed in the upper level, so was Prudential center in newark on a saturday night, very very big crowd for that one....brooklyn on a monday had some curtains in the upper bowl...meanwhile cleveland on a rainy sunday night also had curtains in the upper bowl as opposed to the DVD taping in 2011 which was a full house...

Just to clarify, i don't have a source per se....i have heard from crew members they have already been retained for 2013 tour....as mentioned above, they are routing it as we speak and i heard from another crew member that dates might be released as soon as week after thanksgiving....

plus, you don't really need a source, just common sense, as said also above, there is no way to hire the string ensemble and especially crew for 11 shows in 2013....that's just the way it is...

plus, every interview from the band themselves continually discusses how much they love the new material and how much they want to tour NOW while they can...

i can totally see the following happening....

2013.....final leg of Clockwork Angels tour...

2014....40th anniversary tour (hopefully with more of the standard classics, i.e. Xanadu, Trees, Hemispheres, Natural Science, Freewill, etc. etc.)

2015...possible spillover of 40th anniversary tour, or just resting....

2016/17/18 (depending on when they create new material) Another full north american/euro tour highlighting a new album....

beyond that....who knows, but by 2022, they will be 70....if neil can still do three hours of touring at that point, god bless him but you figure the rush machine will come to a halt by the end of this decade, assuming they are all still aboard and want to do this...

for the future I am totally in favor of them doing smaller venues like theatres that hold like 3,500 to 6,000...but i am not sure they will do that....

I have been to 10 shows on this tour, with 3 more texas shows to go....they have filled buildings on the weekend shows, and during the week shows haven't sold as well with many upper level of arenas have been curtained off, but they still have drawn about 7,500 to 9,000 at those shows.....philly on a friday night was packed in the upper level, so was Prudential center in newark on a saturday night, very very big crowd for that one....brooklyn on a monday had some curtains in the upper bowl...meanwhile cleveland on a rainy sunday night also had curtains in the upper bowl as opposed to the DVD taping in 2011 which was a full house...

I can like, totallyagree dude, to final leg of 2013. Unicorns do not exist...neither will 40th Anniversary Tour.

Edited by drgrendel

Not sure if this has been covered, but just read about the possiblity of radio city and a 30 show tour for 2013...

can't tell you about RCMH, but a 2013 US leg is a guarantee....

There is no way they are going to have the crew and the string ensemble come back out next May and go to Europe for 11 shows and then end the tour.....they just wouldn't get the whole thing cranked up again for such a short stint....plus, after months and months off for the winter and early spring, I am sure they would probably do some sort of brief rehearsals, just to get back into the groove...]

They are not going to do all that for 11 Euro shows...

plus they skipped so many major markets like Denver, Salt Lake City, Nashville, New Orleans, Raleigh...

and if they did do the sheds again, you've got the typical northeast places like Scranton, Saratoga, Jones Beach, PNC NJ...

they drew very well in Newark, Brookyln, Philly, Boston.....I am sure they would return to the huge markets like those and Detroit and Chicago...

plus they have already admitted that the way a band makes money these days is touring....they are proud of CA, they like the ensemble, so they are going to milk it for at least another US leg in 2013....

They also have done the same type thing with Snakes in '07 and '08 and time machine in '10 & '11, so this would just be the completion of the pattern....

their web site does say more dates to be anounced

I'd definitely attend a 2nd leg of this tour if they came back to Atlanta. However, I wonder what the setlist would look like on the 2nd leg. Would they continue to do deep cuts, or would they replace some of them with more standard live songs, such as they did on the S&A tour? Or would they replace some of the deep cuts with other deep cuts they haven't done in a while. I'd love for them to break out The Weapon, The Enemy Within, Lock and Key, Show Don't Tell, Nobody's Hero or even Test For Echo.

Sign me up. At this stage of their careers, I'm of the mind to get it while the gettin's good, so to speak. I'd certainly like my next show to be a little closer to home, (just drove 6 hrs 1 way), and would like someone to go with, frankly. I just hit the Atlanta show by myself. I've been on this train for 26 years now, and I'll take as much as I can reasonably get.

(And it'll never happen, but I'd love to see an entirely acoustic show, or even 1st set acoustic.)