Buffalo review

jmac

Hello all, I just thought i'd give my thoughts on the concert in Buffalo.

I went with my dad and had 4th row Alex side. This was my 4th rush show, the first was Darien Lake in 2007, second in Syracuse in 2010, Cleveland 2011 and Buffalo yesterday. I am just blown away. This show was just breathtaking! I can say I am a die-hard to whom every song is an overplayed hit lol. Neil was insane as always, Alex was soo funny and because I was so close, got to see the interaction with the crowd they have. Geddy played almost all of YYZ right in front of me! A magical experience. Highlights were Analog Kid, All of CA, specifically HF, the Garden, and The Anarchist. Manhattan Project and Red Sector A ROCKED!!

Geddys voice has been mentioned earlier on this tour and I can honestly say that his voice on the Power Windows album sounded exactly the same as he did last night, Its live his voice has gone back in time 20 years! How long he held out the high notes on Headlong Flight! I wish that I could live it all agaaaaiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!

They play every concert like its their last and put their all into it. I hope the casual fans know how amazing what they saw is, 60 year olds leaping around like 20 somethings! They have not lost anything and Im so greatful to have seen them live again.

The Arena was packed, but after going to the Cleveland show, that was filmed for the DVD/Bluray It was almost a Rush in Rio type atmosphere in Cleveland, so high energy. In Buffalo though much of the crowd was lame IMO. Even some of the 100 level near the stage was sitting and looked bored to death! Some even looked angry. I was thinking, are you watching what I am?!! Many even on the floor looked disinterested and confused, Im like why are you shelling out 100$ and youre not even enjoying yourself! Lame crowd where I was but great show! Thanks Guys!

I was down in row 9 on Geddys side. It was lively enough. I just think only true fans really appreciate the set list. If I went to some show say for Journey, I would want to hear all their hits. I would be pissed if they played all deep cuts and their entire new album.

You could feel the crowd ebb and flow based on the song. I think they are lucky they played limelight to keep the crowd mildly interested during the first set. I was pumped for grand designs but I bet 80% of the people there had never heard it and we're screaming PLAY FREEWILL.