Setlist Change SPOILERS

FountainOfSyrinx

QUOTE (tas7 @ Oct 27 2012, 04:29 AM)
TBE????

The Body Electric

Yeah, when folks use initials for songs on this forum I tend to get a headache trying to figure out what the heck they are talking about!

Limelight is probably my favorite Rush tune so I am happy to hear it every show...just like The Spirit of Radio!

We should get The Pass tomorrow night in Cleveland which I am looking forward to as well!!

2.gif

Pretty lame that they switched. I really don't get their thought process sometimes with setlists...they take out an obscure song that fans really might want to hear after a 28 year live absence and put in a song that has been played at EVERY SINGLE SHOW EVER SINCE 1981. Why not remove a heavily played song like Force 10, Red Sector A, or The Big Money and replace one of them with Limelight?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif No matter what they do, people will bitch. Leave out Limelight, people will bitch. Put it back in, people will bitch.

I can't be picky about setlists when my enduring memory of the gig in Newark last weekend is Geddy with smiles of Alexesque proportions on his face throughout the show yes.gif wub.gif 2.gif

This sucks for fans that havent seen them yet this tour. MD and TBE are true gems. Agree with the above post saying they shouldve switched out far cry instead. Only purpose that song served for the 2 shows I went to was as an early bathroom break.

QUOTE (hunter @ Oct 26 2012, 08:55 PM)
I'm so sick of the masses getting their way. ph34r.gif

Yeah, I know what you mean. After they did LL, they ditched all the deep cuts and new material and did nothing but the hits after that. Oh, wait no they didn't laugh.gif After LL, there was still another 90 mins of music before they played another hit with Red Sector A. Adding in one crowd pleaser isn't catering to the masses. There's still plenty of deep cuts and new material that proves that Rush isn't doing that. It seems some of us are flying off the handle a bit over one change wink.gif

Awesome show by the way. I was really looking forward to hearing TBE for the first time live and was surprised by the switch but I like LL as much as TBE and way more than the highly and mysteriously overrated Middletown Dreams. It's a good song but seriously, what's with all the praise it gets from some people?

Maybe something wasn't working with those two songs, so they went with one they know does work. It was still a great show and the new material came off great, though there was something missing from The Garden for me. The song just came off really dead to me until the guitar solo kicked in.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Oct 26 2012, 07:44 PM)
QUOTE (hermy @ Oct 26 2012, 08:42 PM)
They must have felt the first set needed that shot of familiar adrenaline.

I doubt it. They would have taken out Big Money if that were the case. I think they just got bored of the song.

They may be bored of the song, but Big Money is pretty familiar - most the of the crowd was singing along on the choruses in DC. TBM seems to be more well-known by casual fans than TBE; not sure though.

Maybe they'll just rotate Limelight in every now and then for different songs in each stop. Rush having this much of a non-static (that's dynamic, I guess) set list is pretty new territory for them in recent years.

Even if they're not choosing my favorites or leaving out the ones I would, kudos to them for being a little adventurous by their standards.

I was thinking that maybe the reason LL was played last night is because they didn't play here on the last tour. Buffalo has always been a great Rush town and the band not playing here last tour might be something they remember since they've played here just about every tour since the late 70s. So it's possible they threw it in because a lot of people at the show last night didn't get to see them when they played all of MP?

We'll know over the next few shows weather or not it's a permanent change or a one time thing.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 27 2012, 10:50 AM)
I was thinking that maybe the reason LL was played last night is because they didn't play here on the last tour. Buffalo has always been a great Rush town and the band not playing here last tour might be something they remember since they've played here just about every tour since the late 70s. So it's possible they threw it in because a lot of people at the show last night didn't get to see them when they played all of MP?

We'll know over the next few shows weather or not it's a permanent change or a one time thing.

They didn't play Limelight during TMT in Buffalo? unsure.gif

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Oct 27 2012, 10:56 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 27 2012, 10:50 AM)

They didn't play Limelight during TMT in Buffalo? unsure.gif

No, they didn't play Buffalo on that tour.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! facepalm.gif

If they were going to add Limelight, They should have just added it after Where's my Thing? But if they absolutely had to replace something, they should have replaced:

Bravado or Force 10 not The Body Electric/ Middletown Dreams! These are the songs fans want to hear!

Who's running this thing? I Need to have a talk with management. Does anyone have Ray Daniels number?

confused13.gif

The First Set should look like this:

Subdivisions

The Big Money

Force 10

Grand Design

The Body Electric/ Middletown Dreams

Territories

The Analog Kid

Limelight

Where's My thing?

Far Cry

or;

Subdivisions

The Big Money

Limelight

Grand Design

The Body Electric/ Middletown Dreams

Territories

The Analog Kid

Bravado

Where's My thing?

Far Cry

Crap! This is another badly thought out move!

facepalm.gif facepalm.gif facepalm.gif 2.gif facepalm.gif facepalm.gif facepalm.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Oct 27 2012, 12:22 PM)
Who's running this thing? I Need to have a talk with management. Does anyone have Ray Daniels number?

1-800-YYZ-2112, option Ω

If that doesn't work, try 100-100-1SOS. When they ask the reason for your call, simply say "In distress"

Edited by zappafrank

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Oct 27 2012, 12:22 PM) Who's running this thing? I Need to have a talk with management. Does anyone have Ray Daniels number?

1-800-YYZ-2112, option Ω

If that doesn't work, try 100-100-1SOS. When they ask the reason for your call, simply say "In distress"

Edited by Tommy Sawyer

Honestly I don't mind Limelight that much but it seems like it's been played to death. I would like to hear something a bit more unusual.

Atlanta show dropped TBE and Middletown/Manhattan Project and replaced it with Limelight and TSOR

Wrong. All they dropped was Middletown Dreams.

Manhattan Project is Set A, not B. TSOR has been in the setlist since at least Chicago.

Atlanta show dropped TBE and Middletown/Manhattan Project and replaced it with Limelight and TSOR

Wrong. All they dropped was Middletown Dreams.

Manhattan Project is Set A, not B. TSOR has been in the setlist since at least Chicago.

You're wrong. They didn't play Manhattan Project last night. They replaced it with Dreamline. Your right about TSOR though. I meant Dreamline not TSOR