East Coast braces for 'Frankenstorm'!

treeduck

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.

Batten down the hatches and stay safe folks. I hope this doesn't do too much danage to any of you out there who'll be facing this.

Whatever happens, the library never closes (long story, don't ask) we're always open no matter the weather. The holy trinity around here is:

God

Post Office

Library

I may be camping out here at work next week. We'll see.

Be safe, everybody! hug2.gif

Why's everyone getting worked-up over a cartoon squirrel whose on a popular Nickelodeon cartoon?? confused13.gif

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D6dPYw6Frj4/TAOvbUq7W1I/AAAAAAAAAAM/BvYRPnNBp3o/s1600/sandy_cheeks.png

Oh....THAT Sandy... ph34r.gif Time to batten down the hatches I guess!! bolt.gif

I bought 5 cases of water. Two full propane tanks full. Gas works when the electric is out so no idea why I filled up the tanks. Tons of canned food. Candles. Flash lights and batteries. Lots booze. Just hope no trees fall on the house. Then we are in major trouble. I could camp out in a house for weeks with no power. All I care about is wind knocking down trees on the house. This hurricane is pure suck. Utility crews have been out all day taking down big branches that could threaten power lines.i just hope no one looses a life in the states. I'm all set to go. Don't have to deal with the weekend rush to prep. Hope this thing turns away. Doesn't look like it tho.

Up here in Maine...people do not seem to concerned ...yet. Its gonna hit here but probably not as bad as the southern states. Im not to far from the coast, i have a generator but lots of trees around my home. im always concerned in these situations. Please stay in touch with elderly family and neighbors !

Brace!

I need to get batteries today. Stay safe everyone.

Its gettin' windy here in the Hudson Valley. Trying to get everything done before it starts raining. Too bad I can't have the cats wash and fold clothes - they don't have thumbs

I'm right in its sights. Did what I could. I am praying for the best.

Kind of windy today. 380 miles from Boston and has yet to turn.

Worst of the storm will be from noon to midnight! As of now, I still have to go to work today. but I will probably call in on this one.

Thanks, Lyndsey.

Its getting really windy now. I just had to go retrieve some items from the yard. Very large gusts.