Volkswagen Ad

Rand

I'm not an air drummer, but I play one to TV.

I do love the commercial and will stop DVR fast forward to watch it. I never have been an air drummer (I prefer desktops, thighs and steering wheels), but I do air drum to this ad. I know it's been mentioned in the other VW commercial thread but I don't understand the stick flip where it is. Red Barchetta's flip is the only one I consistently see in my head.

The guy in the crosswalk looks like my brother.

2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Oct 26 2012, 05:44 AM)
I'm not an air drummer, but I play one to TV.

I do love the commercial and will stop DVR fast forward to watch it. I never have been an air drummer (I prefer desktops, thighs and steering wheels), but I do air drum to this ad. I know it's been mentioned in the other VW commercial thread but I don't understand the stick flip where it is. Red Barchetta's flip is the only one I consistently see in my head.

The guy in the crosswalk looks like my brother.

2.gif 1022.gif

I never air drum in the car either, I always slap the back of the steering wheel.

I said it before in the other thread, I think the air stick flip looks stupid and out of place in the commercial, but it makes it all that much funnier.

I almost always fast forward thru it if given the chance because my wife is no fan of old Rush. She really likes the new album because Geddy isn't so screechy. Pretty much the only time that commercial plays thru is during live sports.

My mom saw that commercial yesterday and PVR'ed it so I'd see it after work. She told me this commercial looked like me. So she put it on when I was in the kitchen and I started drumming on the countertop. Then I went and looked at the TV and he was airdrumming. Awesome.