Line in The Anarchist.

D3strukt

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Oct 23 2012, 02:20 PM)
What is Geddy saying after "I never got my fair share of"? He's singing something, but I can't make it out.

Doesn't he just echo "my fair share of" ? That is what it sounds like to me, but I could be wrong, or not be talking about what you really mean...

What is Geddy saying after "I never got my fair share of"? He's singing something, but I can't make it out.

What time are you referencing?

I hear Geddy sing:

I'm envious of all those things

I never got my fair share of

my fair share of

What do you hear? unsure.gif

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Oct 23 2012, 03:47 PM)

I hear Geddy sing:

my fair share of

Ah so, he DOES repeat the line. I couldn't make it out.

That works. Thankks. smile.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Oct 23 2012, 05:02 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Oct 23 2012, 03:47 PM)

I hear Geddy sing:

my fair share of

Ah so, he DOES repeat the line. I couldn't make it out.

That works. Thankks. smile.gif trink39.gif

Glad to help. smile.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Oct 23 2012, 04:28 PM)
Full lyrics are "I lack their smiles and their diamonds, I lack their happiness and love. I envy them for all those things. I never got my fair share of, my fair share oooo-oo-of." ...Hope that helped! smile.gif

I've notice that live the second verse is "I hate their smiles and their diamonds, I hate their happiness and love."

QUOTE (hunter @ Oct 23 2012, 07:41 PM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Oct 23 2012, 04:28 PM)
Full lyrics are "I lack their smiles and their diamonds, I lack their happiness and love. I envy them for all those things. I never got my fair share of, my fair share oooo-oo-of." ...Hope that helped! smile.gif

I've notice that live the second verse is "I hate their smiles and their diamonds, I hate their happiness and love."

Wow, interesting. I didn't even notice during my show!

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 23 2012, 08:58 PM)
If you couldn't make out what Geddy is saying there then you either need to get your hearing checked or a better sound system, just sayin wink.gif

His voice is garbled at times. "long" sounds like "lonONGNNGGG" Like seriously, he's not the best at pronunciation anymore. It was very slurred.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Oct 23 2012, 09:01 PM)
If you couldn't make out what Geddy is saying there then you either need to get your hearing checked or a better sound system, just sayin wink.gif

His voice is garbled at times. "long" sounds like "lonONGNNGGG" Like seriously, he's not the best at pronunciation anymore. It was very slurred.

I agree his pronunciation isn't as good anymore but that line is hardly a good example of it. He's says that line pretty clearly. What about the opening line in Carnies or most of the high notes on Seven Cities Of Gold? Those are the real slurred lyrics on this album.

The part in The Anarchist that was the hardest for me to make out was:

"Oh, the tried to get me

Oh, they'll never forget me"

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 24 2012, 08:44 AM)

I agree his pronunciation isn't as good anymore but that line is hardly a good example of it. He's says that line pretty clearly. What about the opening line in Carnies or most of the high notes on Seven Cities Of Gold? Those are the real slurred lyrics on this album.

"Oh, the tried to get me

I always thought, for awhile too, that in the Garden...It was "the measure of a knife" instead of "life"....Whoops. wacko.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 24 2012, 08:44 AM)

"Oh, the tried to get me

Worst on the album for me is in Carnies... "deadly confrontation"

I wish the lyrics were "The pools of poison, the scarlet mist / that spill over into rage" in one chorus and then "billowing into rage in another." That way he could play off both the spilling pools and billowing mist while keeping the rhyme scheme intact. Shame it's just "spill over" both times.

QUOTE (NYM86 @ Oct 24 2012, 06:53 PM)
I wish the lyrics were "The pools of poison, the scarlet mist / that spill over into rage" in one chorus and then "billowing into rage in another." That way he could play off both the spilling pools and billowing mist while keeping the rhyme scheme intact. Shame it's just "spill over" both times.

Sorry if it's just me, but does anyone else find this post really funny?