The Live DVD/Blu-Ray

ShowgunSam

I created a topic a couple of months earlier asking who you all thought might film the Clockwork Angels performance. "Continuing down a similar vein," as Ged would say, where do you think they might film the show this time around? Also, do you think it will be recorded over several nights to capture the entire set list? Perhaps they'll take one night on the tour to perform all of the songs? Separate discs?

What say you, fellas?

First of all...I know there's a lot of people who complain that they release a DVD for each tour since the Vapor Trails tour. I say....keep them coming.

If you're someone who watches a DVD once and never watches it again, then no...a live DVD isn't for you. But I'm sure there's a lot of people like me who watch Rush DVD's a lot. I have definitely watched Rush In Rio at least 5 times, R30 about 5 times, Snakes & Arrows like 10 - 20 times and about the same for the Time Machine DVD. I never get sick of watching them!!

It's not official that there will be a DVD for this tour, but I would assume there will be one, seeing as though they will want to document having a string section with them for the first time, and they just like having each tour documented nowadays anyways, which is great.

As for your question, I would assume they will add a 2nd leg of the North American tour, and hit other cities they didn't hit on this leg that they usually always hit, like these Canadian cities for example(Vancouver, Calgary, Hamilton, Ottawa and Quebec City). So I would assume they will either shoot the DVD at an American or Canadian city on that leg, or possibly at one of the European shows next May and June.

England - Out of those 4 cities, I would say London at the 02 Arena.

Scotland - I doubt it!!

Netherlands - They already shot a recent DVD there!!

Germany - They already shot a recent DVD there!!

Sweden - Possibly, but I hope not, cuz it's outdoors, and I don't like outdoor shows nearly as much as indoor(and yes that goes for DVD's too), although some have been great like Rush In Rio or AC/DC's most recent DVD for example.

Finland - Possibly, but I doubt it!!

So I would assume it will more than likely be during the North American 2nd leg!!

Oh, and if they do hit Hamilton, Ottawa and Quebec city, I will go to Ottawa for sure(my city) and one of the other 2, and maybe all 3. I just saw them in Toronto and Montreal, so I'm looking forward to seeing this show again, or at least re-living it on DVD!!

I haven't actually been to concert there, but if there is a second leg that goes to The Gorge in Washington state that would probably be a steller choice. Another good choice would be Mexico City if they made it there next year.

QUOTE (bootlegguy @ Oct 22 2012, 02:01 PM)
I haven't actually been to concert there, but if there is a second leg that goes to The Gorge in Washington state that would probably be a steller choice.......

That would be AWESOME!! And yes, a stellar choice indeed. Great venue and besides, I'd be there so would have a permanent professionally shot momento of one of their shows. Only vid I have of a Rush show I've attended is an audience shot bootleg the S&A tour show in Portland (actually Ridgefield, WA) and it's mostly shot off the video screen. Good audio though. But too many people walking in front of the camera and not enough shots of the guys actually on stage rather than shots off the video screens to make it a worthwhile momento of a Rush show I've been at.

Edited by driventotheedge

If they were gonna do an outdoor show DVD, I would choose Red Rocks, although it seems like there have been a few bands who have done DVD's there already, so it might seem cliche!!

Mexico city would be cool, or even a different south American country than Brazil, like Venezuela, Argentina or Chile!!

Damn, why not finally go to Australia and shoot a DVD at the Acer Arena in Sydney?? I'm not sure what crowds there are like, but I would assume they would go rabid to FINALLY see Rush in their own country!!

I had thought that they were going to record at the Toronto shows for the hometown crowd, but I was mistaken. I'm dying to know where the real DVD city is going to be....Is there any advance notice given for this??? I'd like to be there rockin' out to 2.gif ....

Just look for the crazy female 2.gif fan with the three WI 2.gif license plates...

laugh.gif

1022.gif 2.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (BloodofTheZodiac @ Oct 22 2012, 04:12 PM)
If they were gonna do an outdoor show DVD, I would choose Red Rocks, although it seems like there have been a few bands who have done DVD's there already, so it might seem cliche!!

Mexico city would be cool, or even a different south American country than Brazil, like Venezuela, Argentina or Chile!!

Damn, why not finally go to Australia and shoot a DVD at the Acer Arena in Sydney?? I'm not sure what crowds there are like, but I would assume they would go rabid to FINALLY see Rush in their own country!!

Nit Picking Nerd Alert:

Mexico is a North American country.

Nit Pick Nerd Alert has ended.

That being said I agree that Australia would be a great place to film a show. I suggested it before, but the Aussie fans say that there are probably not enough devotees to warrant a visit Down Under. It's a shame because it would probably make for an awesome video.

QUOTE (BloodofTheZodiac @ Oct 22 2012, 04:12 PM)

jeez if only they would come, but yeh, im not sure if they could fill acer arena, at most i think something like sidney myer music bowl, but yeah, i think sweden rock will be the choice