That part in La Villa Strangiato

The Garden of Rush

It comes at about 7:50 minutes in to the song. It's the part where the song slows down and you hear the guitar dah,dah,dah,dah. Sorry i'm no music expert so don't know the chords or anything. But man I love this part of the song. I mean the whole song is epic, but from 7:50 to 8:02 in the song, this just may be the greatest moment in music history. 2.gif

totally agree and i know which part you mean too there isnt anything like it in rock music...

la villa is the greatest piece of music ever and i never heard so much feeling put into guitar work, the solo is just exquisite.

Yes, that's always been one of my favourite parts too. I love Alex's tone. Very strong.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Oct 21 2012, 05:56 PM)
totally agree and i know which part you mean too there isnt anything like it in rock music...

la villa is the greatest piece of music ever and i never heard so much feeling put into guitar work, the solo is just exquisite.

Totally agree - this song almost 'sings' to me there is so much feeling in it

IX: Never Turn Your Back On A Monster! 07:49 - 08:02

I love that part too and I have always said that La Villa is one of Rush's VERY best songs. If there was ever a doubt as to the proficiency of their playing, just listen to this song. It's a masterpiece. And, they wrote and recorded it when they were about 25 or so... not too shabby.

Good ol' boys from TO.

When I was in high school Hemispheres was a big album, especially among musicians. All the drummers (me included) would work endlessly trying to learn that effing song. Finally a few of us did learn it and I was one of them. I couldn't play these days to save my though...

tongue.gif

La Villa is my favorite Rush tune. I love every part of it! The funny thing is, this part is one of the easiest to play (for me anyway). Every time I hear it I have to catch my breath - it's simply amazing even after all these years. cool.gif

I love that whole song. The part the op is describing is "never turn your back on a monster" I believe. You know the bit from the Warner Bros cartoons. Being a huge Warner bros. fan as a kid the first time I heard this I instantly recognized it and loved that a rock band had incorporated it into their song. One of many things that got me hooked.

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Oct 21 2012, 12:56 PM)

??? Seriously? Nothing like it in Rock music?

laugh.gif

I love La Villa but wow. I am certain there are a few moments that could be found in one or two of the in the many many rock songs out there. Don't you think?

Love it! wub.gif

It was one of the songs that helped me become a Rush fan. I was thrilled to hear it live last year.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Oct 22 2012, 01:50 PM)

laugh.gif

I love La Villa but wow. I am certain there are a few moments that could be found in one or two of the in the many many rock songs out there. Don't you think?

nope, nothing like it, la villa is unique and quintessential rush... you may feel otherwise and good luck to ya but in my experience there really is nothing like it anywhere else

the piece has an artistry and surreality about it that absolutely no other band could come close to replicating

oh heck i dunno, smoke a few joints give it a few more listens it'll hit ya one day smile.gif

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Oct 23 2012, 11:21 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Oct 22 2012, 01:50 PM)

laugh.gif

nope, nothing like it, la villa is unique and quintessential rush... you may feel otherwise and good luck to ya but in my experience there really is nothing like it anywhere else

the piece has an artistry and surreality about it that absolutely no other band could come close to replicating

oh heck i dunno, smoke a few joints give it a few more listens it'll hit ya one day smile.gif

Drug free here. I don't need that stuff to appreciate music.

I've listened to La Villa since 1980, so I am quite sure I know it very well. And yes, there are other songs that have similar stylings. Rush is unique but I do know that when it comes to music, nothing is unique.