TRF Software Update Updates

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

If 73 would like to set up a fund that we could contribute monthly to, I am willing to do so.

I keep losing the forum and, when I am here, it runs slow, then normal, all day long.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

If 73 would like to set up a fund that we could contribute monthly to, I am willing to do so.

I keep losing the forum and, when I am here, it runs slow then normal all day long.

These 404s have nothing to do with money, or lack thereof. The hosting company we use is a good one and this is some sort of glitch that needs fixing. Me and my tech are working on figuring out the problem, but real life work is getting in the way. We'll get it.

• Like 5

I keep losing the forum and, when I am here, it runs slow then normal all day long.

These 404s have nothing to do with money, or lack thereof. The hosting company we use is a good one and this is some sort of glitch that needs fixing. Me and my tech are working on figuring out the problem, but real life work is getting in the way. We'll get it.

Maybe Lorraine can be your Sugar Mommy so you can quit that pesky 9 to 5.

Yeah. Forum was down for several hours this morning.

It seems to go down in the middle of the night (east U.S), and I'm having to reboot when I get up. And then it goes down one or two other times a day.

We've been wanting to upgrade the software for a while now, and this seems like the perfect time. We'll upgrade the software and reconfigure the server at the same time. That should fix several little problems. We should be able to do this within the next couple of weeks.

• Like 3

✓ same

I lost it for a short while too.

Me three. :(

I wonder why we lost it and ORFie didn't.

The power of the banana

:LOL: :D-13: :banana:

I've been closed out with 404s the last two days...on for a few minutes then off almost all day....got on again late last night, in time to report my success with the major project of the day, then went to bed.

http://i.imgur.com/h5KL793.gif?1

✓ same

The power of the banana

I've been closed out with 404s the last two days...on for a few minutes then off almost all day....got on again late last night, in time to report my success with the major project of the day, then went to bed.

ORFie, your emoticon just made me laugh out loud! It's when the hammer turns to look forward..! :P

• Like 1

✓ same

The power of the banana

ORFie, your emoticon just made me laugh out loud! It's when the hammer turns to look forward..! :P

Yeah, that's a good one! There used to be a site that featured the original dancing banana emoticons, but that was shut down a while ago...SHERV.net and it seems to be back UP! found a lot of bananas that were not moving, they're moving NOW! YAY!

http://i.imgur.com/EPatkD7.gif (yes I kknow I have a LARGE one of these, now I have the REGULAR size too!)

✓ same

The power of the banana

When you say you've been "closed out with 404s the last two days...on for a few minutes then off almost all day," do you mean you've been constantly trying to access the board that whole time but it has been offline for you? Or did you come here a few times and it just happened to be down, just a case of bad timing?

I'm looking at the server graphs right now and the board has been up and running for almost 24 hours straight.

• Like 1

✓ same

The power of the banana

When you say you've been "closed out with 404s the last two days...on for a few minutes then off almost all day," do you mean you've been constantly trying to access the board that whole time but it has been offline for you? Or did you come here a few times and it just happened to be down, just a case of bad timing?

I'm looking at the server graphs right now and the board has been up and running for almost 24 hours straight.

For me, I'd been constantly trying, and each time it would be off for at least one to two hours.

✓ same

The power of the banana

For me, I'd been constantly trying, and each time it would be off for at least one to two hours.

Have you had any trouble in the past 24 hours?

✓ same

The power of the banana

Have you had any trouble in the past 24 hours?

No - all is well.

✓ same

The power of the banana

Haven't gotten met by a 404 all day....

http://i.imgur.com/FeiSzZq.gif?1

Barring some unforeseen circumstances, we're going to shut down the board tomorrow night, around 24 hours from now. We're going to upgrade to the latest board software and hopefully fix the 404 issues. I wish we didn't have to upgrade the software but the current version is no longer supported by Invision and there are some behind the scenes issues that the upgrade will fix. There will be a learning curve with the new board, just like there was a few years ago when we upgraded to the current one. There will be things that we'll like, and maybe a few that we won't, but overall it should be good for all. I'll have to make new skins too, so we'll be stuck with the stock skin for a bit until I have some spare time to make new ones.

We might be down for a whole day, or maybe two or three, depending on how the transfer goes.

• Like 5

• The topic was unpinned