TRF Software Update Updates

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Apologies if this has been posted before - didn't read the whole thread.

I can't log on to TRF from my Fire. Every time I hit "sign in", it takes me straight to the bottom of the page. Solutions?

I don't know much about the Fire, but since it takes you to the bottom of the page, are you able to change to the Mobile skin? Maybe that would allow you to log in?

This isn't a big deal or anything but I'm just curious to see if anyone else is experiencing this: when I check the site from an iPhone, visit a few pages and then hit the back button on the browser the "loading..." overlay appears and doesn't go away until I click a link.

Anyone else having "skin" issues? I select the blue and grey, leave the page, come back and it's back to the default burgundy skin. Is there anyway to make my choice permanent?

I prefer burgundy, but I hope there's a few more choices down the line mods :sundog:

Anyone else having "skin" issues? I select the blue and grey, leave the page, come back and it's back to the default burgundy skin. Is there anyway to make my choice permanent?

I prefer burgundy, but I hope there's a few more choices down the line mods :sundog:

And I thought I was the only one who preferred the burgundy...you've done it again, Steevo :LOL: :cheers:

And I thought I was the only one who preferred the burgundy...you've done it again, Steevo :LOL: :cheers:

I :wub: the burgundy! :)

I :wub: the burgundy! :)

I like the burgundy best and that is what I use. :wub:

Any way you can order the birthday list so that the most recently active poster is listed first? I feel bad for USB being hidden away today.

The list is ordered by join date -- the person here the longest is at the top, and it goes down from there. No changing that.

• Like 1

Burgundy rules! :NP:

Any way you can order the birthday list so that the most recently active poster is listed first? I feel bad for USB being hidden away today.

The list is ordered by join date -- the person here the longest is at the top, and it goes down from there. No changing that.

I wondered how that worked..! Thanks, 73! :D

Ok, dumb question, I know, but I got a new computer and it won't let me skip lines with the enter key, it works fine on other sites, but I can't manually skip lines. :unsure:

That's REALLY weird. Never heard of such a thing. I skip lines with the Enter key on this site every time I post.

Like that.

It's gotta be a function key on the keyboard or something. Anyone got a clue about this?

Ok, dumb question, I know, but I got a new computer and it won't let me skip lines with the enter key, it works fine on other sites, but I can't manually skip lines. :unsure:

That's REALLY weird. Never heard of such a thing. I skip lines with the Enter key on this site every time I post.

Like that.

It's gotta be a function key on the keyboard or something. Anyone got a clue about this?

Skip lines? I presume that you mean it doesn't take the enter key for ""new line" when you press it while composing and post?

Sounds like a sticky keyboard (though it is a new computer, so that isn't very likely - though it may be a defect).

Does an old keyboard act the same way? If so, I'd check the Accessibility settings in Control Panel. Perhaps a key was held down for long enough it became an active hot key (although you say it works on other sites)

Are your browser, add-ons and java version patched and current? New computer doesn't mean up-to-date software. Make sure the OS (Windows?) is current too.

Curious problem.

----

BTW, x'49' found my notification issue with PM. In my e-mail provider, the notify was caught by the junk e-mail filter. Strange, since other mail from the same address cleared the filter.

Edited by CygnusGal

Like that.

Skip lines? I presume that you mean it doesn't take the enter key for ""new line" when you press it while composing and post?

Sounds like a sticky keyboard (though it is a new computer, so that isn't very likely - though it may be a defect).

Does an old keyboard act the same way? If so, I'd check the Accessibility settings in Control Panel. Perhaps a key was held down for long enough it became an active hot key (although you say it works on other sites)

Are your browser, add-ons and java version patched and current? New computer doesn't mean up-to-date software. Make sure the OS (Windows?) is current too.

Curious problem.

----

BTW, x'49' found my notification issue with PM. In my e-mail provider, the notify was caught by the junk e-mail filter. Strange, since other mail from the same address cleared the filter.

Nope, not sticky keys, if it helps, it has Windows 8 already on it, it's odd because it only doesn't work on this site, because I can type papers fine, but that line skip just know was done automatically. But it worked fine on my old laptop and works fine from my phone too, I'll have to investigate.

Edited by default236

Board has been acting a bit slower than usual for me recently. Cleared cache, no luck. Wondering if anyone is experiencing similar.

Not recently, but I can't speak for anyone else.

What happened to the default image that you were going to give to people? I still see strange stuff on the main page when a user with no image has the last post in a thread.

I guess nevermind - when I look from my phone, it all looks fine. Must be something about where the default image is located that is blocked by the office security.

What happened to the default image that you were going to give to people? I still see strange stuff on the main page when a user with no image has the last post in a thread.

I guess nevermind - when I look from my phone, it all looks fine. Must be something about where the default image is located that is blocked by the office security.

The only thing I can do is, when I see someone without an avatar, I go into their account and manually give them the stock silhouette one. I usually notice it after midnight when the new day's birthdays are listed, and then I fix them. I figure, once we get this first year with the new board out of the way, most of those people will have at least the stock avatar.

The only thing I can do is, when I see someone without an avatar, I go into their account and manually give them the stock silhouette one. I usually notice it after midnight when the new day's birthdays are listed, and then I fix them. I figure, once we get this first year with the new board out of the way, most of those people will have at least the stock avatar.

Not sure where you have the default image located on the interwebs, but I see the same junk for people with the default image as I do for those with no image from the office. It must simply be that the default image location is being blocked by the internet security police here. When I look from my phone, I see the default image without issue.

Not sure where you have the default image located on the interwebs, but I see the same junk for people with the default image as I do for those with no image from the office. It must simply be that the default image location is being blocked by the internet security police here. When I look from my phone, I see the default image without issue.

That stock silhouette avatar is hosted on Gravatar.com -- Invision boards are linked with them. If your work is blocking images from Gravatar, then that would explain your problem.

• Like 3

That stock silhouette avatar is hosted on Gravatar.com -- Invision boards are linked with them. If your work is blocking images from Gravatar, then that would explain your problem.

I have no idea what any of the above means, but I like the post..! :D

73... Why when I click on View New Content I get "Sorry, No New Content" :huh: This has happened now for two days, last night I was here and got that and then again this morning.. What Up? How can this be fixed for me?

Thanks Skully

Edited by TullSkull

73... Why when I click on View New Content I get "Sorry, No New Content" :huh: This has happened now for two days, last night I was here and got that and then again this morning.. What Up? How can this be fixed for me?

Thanks Skully

On the left side of that screen, which choices are highlighted?

• Like 1

Thanks Skully

On the left side of that screen, which choices are highlighted?

Forums and then if I click on Past 24 Hours or Past Week I get the same. No Content Found.

:facepalm:

• The topic was unpinned