TRF Software Update Updates

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I think I might've found a way round this particular problem. :)

What is it? Good to know in case someone else encounters the same problem.

Weird this: Blue & Grey skin, log in from there, bottom of screen which says Full Version, then you're automatically in the what i like to call the Burgundy and Cream skin and Bob's yer Uncle. Can't say it'll work for everyone...

Crazy - look at 73s id in the quote!

Yeah, how'd that happen?

No idea. And the Blue & Grey line has 'amp' in it.

In any case, something even weirder has happened - can't access FB: 'This page has too many server redirects'.

Sure sounds like a problem with your device, as I suspected earlier.

Weird this: Blue & Grey skin, log in from there, bottom of screen which says Full Version, then you're automatically in the what i like to call the Burgundy and Cream skin and Bob's yer Uncle. Can't say it'll work for everyone...

Yeah, how'd that happen?

In any case, something even weirder has happened - can't access FB: 'This page has too many server redirects'.

The 'amp' bit or the FB bit?

Yeah, how'd that happen?

I'd say both. The "amp" thing seems like your device is having trouble with the dashes in my name. And if the problem is indeed with your device, it would make sense that you'd have login weirdness on other sites besides this one.

Yeah, how'd that happen?

I'd say both. The "amp" thing seems like your device is having trouble with the dashes in my name. And if the problem is indeed with your device, it would make sense that you'd have login weirdness on other sites besides this one.

No problems elsewhere - it's just a server thing, not my device. Anyway, I downloaded the FB app from Google Play, set it up and was able to get in. I'm happy. :)

I probably missed it by how am I able to know when an update has been made to a thread? I think on the "old board" one of the arrows next to the thread would highlight (maybe?) and I could click on that and be taken to the newest entry. Now I click on the box with the circle in it and it might take me to the newest or it might take me to an older post. I poked around for an option but no luck.

Yeah, how'd that happen?

No problems elsewhere - it's just a server thing, not my device. Anyway, I downloaded the FB app from Google Play, set it up and was able to get in. I'm happy. :)

And it came back! :yay: !

Edited by Babycat

Babycat said:

I have an anti-virus software from Google Play.

Which one? I use Lookout. An ICS update potentially could have caused your issue, but I'm more curious about which AV software you use. If you disable it, does TRF act normally?

The reason I ask is that Google Play and FB are increasing as malware delivery mechanisms. Be sure your AV is from a reputable source.

<edit: added my reason for asking>

Edited by CygnusGal

Babycat said:

Which one? I use Lookout. An ICS update potentially could have caused your issue, but I'm more curious about which AV software you use. If you disable it, does TRF act normally?

The reason I ask is that Google Play and FB are increasing as malware delivery mechanisms. Be sure your AV is from a reputable source.

Dr.Web Light. If I disabled the app, the device could very well be harmed and corrupted. The app works very well. In fact, I wanted to download a kitten wallpaper app - within seconds, Dr.Web Light alerted me that something wasn't right with the wallpaper app and I uninstalled it there and then. Google Play is from a reputable source as it's Android.

Babycat said:

Dr.Web Light. If I disabled the app, the device could very well be harmed and corrupted. The app works very well. In fact, I wanted to download a kitten wallpaper app - within seconds, Dr.Web Light alerted me that something wasn't right with the wallpaper app and I uninstalled it there and then. Google Play is from a reputable source as it's Android.

Good, that sounds reputable. As an open source operating system, Android is more prone to malware than an iPhone (which isn't to say they don't get viruses) much like Windows vs. Apple. The Google Play store is addressing this issue but one still needs to be careful. I was certainly not advocating turning off your AV and then browsing around - that could be dangerous. TRF test only.

I'm glad you got your error resolved. :)

http://www.zdnet.com...ort-7000005780/

http://www.pcmag.com...,2410087,00.asp

It's a dangerous world out there.

Babycat said:

Just did a scan with the app: full scan took 1 minute 48 seconds and found nothing. If I disabled Dr.Web Light, downloaded something like a game or an app, the device could be defenseless.

I noticed the calendar is empty. Why not list the tour dates, important rush related things (past example: the ceremony where rush got inducted into Canada's walk of fame) and release dates?

I noticed the calendar is empty. Why not list the tour dates, important rush related things (past example: the ceremony where rush got inducted into Canada's walk of fame) and release dates?

I started looking into that last week, and got sidetracked with skin stuff. Yeah, we'll fill up those dates soon.

That's a good idea! :D

That would be awesome!! Just like Power Windows and RIAB!!

...only better

• Like 1

...only better

:D

Now that the upgrade is done and we're a couple of weeks into it, how is everybody liking the new site? Are you all adjusting to all the new features? Is it starting to feel like home again?

Yes! It just took a little bit of getting used to and figuring out the new stuff. Besides, we're all the same. It's always been the awesome people that kept me here. :)

That's how I like to think of it, too. It's not about fancy graphics or cool buttons, it's this group of people.

:yay: ^This! :yay:

It was a bit weird at first. Now that Ive found my way round things, I'm loving it! :wub:

But you guys are right, its the people that make the forum, not the forum itself. :) :hi:

• Like 2

Now that the upgrade is done and we're a couple of weeks into it, how is everybody liking the new site? Are you all adjusting to all the new features? Is it starting to feel like home again?

Yes! It just took a little bit of getting used to and figuring out the new stuff. Besides, we're all the same. It's always been the awesome people that kept me here. :)

That's how I like to think of it, too. It's not about fancy graphics or cool buttons, it's this group of people.

:yay: ^This! :yay:

It was a bit weird at first. Now that Ive found my way round things, I'm loving it! :wub:

But you guys are right, its the people that make the forum, not the forum itself. :) :hi:

:yay: :hi: :yay:

• Like 1

Anyone else having "skin" issues? I select the blue and grey, leave the page, come back and it's back to the default burgundy skin. Is there anyway to make my choice permanent?

Choosing a skin from the bottom left pulldown menu should be permanent until you change it again. When you see it go back to the burgundy, is that the skin that's checked off when you go back to the menu? Or is the Blue & Grey still checked?

Anyone else having "skin" issues? I select the blue and grey, leave the page, come back and it's back to the default burgundy skin. Is there anyway to make my choice permanent?

Choosing a skin from the bottom left pulldown menu should be permanent until you change it again. When you see it go back to the burgundy, is that the skin that's checked off when you go back to the menu? Or is the Blue & Grey still checked?

LIX, when you leave the page does it log you out? The default will always be burgundy when you're not logged in. That's what happens to me.

LIX, when you leave the page does it log you out? The default will always be burgundy when you're not logged in. That's what happens to me.

I think I figured out what is happening. On my PC, I changed it to B/G skin. I exit the browser and use my cell phone. The B/G doesn't work on my cell (goes right to mobile version when I select it). When I click Full Version - my only option seems to be the burgundy as everything else gives me the mobile version. When I come back to the PC, it's back to burgundy.

Software is working perfectly fine now that I am using a different device! :D With my cellphone, I couldn't see the two rows of icons - now I'm looking at the Bold, Italic, Underline, Font, Size and the Smiley icon! All of it! Everything is so much better! No problem! :D

• The topic was unpinned