TRF Software Update Updates

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Looks like the green color has been changed? Much much better. I love the blue/grey skin!!

Yep, I just adjusted the green, red and blue member group colors. At first I didn't know how to fine tune those colors beyond the basic "Red/green/blue" but I figured it out. The names are less bright and saturated now. They look better on both skins now, I think.

• Like 1

Looks like the green color has been changed? Much much better. I love the blue/grey skin!!

Yep, I just adjusted the green, red and blue member group colors. At first I didn't know how to fine tune those colors beyond the basic "Red/green/blue" but I figured it out. The names are less bright and saturated now. They look better on both skins now, I think.

Thanks!

Once again YOU ROCK! (like this post if you agree :P)

• Like 3

Thanks!

Once again YOU ROCK! (like this post if you agree :P)

No.

I like the new site. It is much more feature rich.

Thumbs up!

Blue & Grey skin is online. You'll notice the Blue & White (which was formerly and erroneously called Blue & Grey) is still there, but it probably won't be for long.

Are you still gonna have one that's like the original skin?

You mean the real old school TRF Original, with the bright red and beige? Yeah, I'll be trying that one soon. Of course it wouldn't look exactly the same as the original, but it would be close color-wise, and it would have the Red Rocks main logo (non-animated, though -- it would show the CA album cover and that's it).

:D I'm as happy as a kitty with a ball of string - the glitch I was on about seems to have righted itself! :D

Clearly not ... :sigh: ...

No one else has reported this problem you're having. I have to think it has something to do with the repairs to your device? Do you have any problems with Facebook?

:D I'm as happy as a kitty with a ball of string - the glitch I was on about seems to have righted itself! :D

No one else has reported this problem you're having. I have to think it has something to do with the repairs to your device? Do you have any problems with Facebook?

No. No problems.

The Blue & White skin is now offline. I don't imagine too many people were still using it now that the Blue & Grey is done and the default Burgundy has been improved. A third skin is coming soon.

Blue & Grey looks good! :ebert:

Here's a weird one for you: since this morning, after I log in, the board soon reacts as if I haven't logged in, and instead of seeing the notification icons, username and Sign Out, I see no notification icons, just the Log In. I have to refresh the page about 5 times before it gives up.

I don't know if it's anything to do with the fact that I just got my device (the one I'm currently using to post this message, and had to rely on my standby device) back yesterday after being repaired, or the board's cookies are playing up again. All the username and passwordspasswordseconomictions are fine.

Does it seem like the same login problem people were having a couple weeks ago? No one else has complained about that today, so I have to assume it's a cookie thing with your device. (Do those mobile devices even use cookies?)

I think mobiles do use cookies, but I'm not sure what they do. It's not like the previous log in problem as I can log in.

Yes, mobile devices can use cookies since they are browsers too. Cookies are typically used to provide tracking (where have I been?) or session state information (remember who I'm talking to and what's been said, if I'm logged on, etc.). Of course, they have their nefarious uses too, but they are generally harmless. Favourability of cookies in the industry has ebbed and flowed over the years. They are currently coming back into vogue and they never went out of style in other places. My company is starting to review their use (for session state) and we're beginning the early stages of rolling them out.

Your problem sounds specific to your device; as 73 stated, no one else is experiencing your issue. Make sure your browser will accept all cookies. Do you run anti-virus software on your device?

Feel free to PM me if you like. :)

Here's a weird one for you: since this morning, after I log in, the board soon reacts as if I haven't logged in, and instead of seeing the notification icons, username and Sign Out, I see no notification icons, just the Log In. I have to refresh the page about 5 times before it gives up.

I don't know if it's anything to do with the fact that I just got my device (the one I'm currently using to post this message, and had to rely on my standby device) back yesterday after being repaired, or the board's cookies are playing up again. All the username and passwordspasswordseconomictions are fine.

Does it seem like the same login problem people were having a couple weeks ago? No one else has complained about that today, so I have to assume it's a cookie thing with your device. (Do those mobile devices even use cookies?)

I think mobiles do use cookies, but I'm not sure what they do. It's not like the previous log in problem as I can log in.

Yes, mobile devices can use cookies since they are browsers too. Cookies are typically used to provide tracking (where have I been?) or session state information (remember who I'm talking to and what's been said, if I'm logged on, etc.). Of course, they have their nefarious uses too, but they are generally harmless. Favourability of cookies in the industry has ebbed and flowed over the years. They are currently coming back into vogue and they never went out of style in other places. My company is starting to review their use (for session state) and we're beginning the early stages of rolling them out.

Your problem sounds specific to your device; as 73 stated, no one else is experiencing your issue. Make sure your browser will accept all cookies. Do you run anti-virus software on your device?

Feel free to PM me if you like. :)

My device does accept cookies, and I've cleared the cache, and the browser is Android. I have an anti-virus software from Google Play. It's checked and updated regularly. I don't quite know how it's happened as it was perfectly alright the same day I got the phone back. Hours later, I started noticing the problem. The phone recently had a software upgrade - ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) - well, it already had it, just it was updated. I don't know if it has anything to do with that as FB is fine.

So will there be a Christmas theme? :ph34r:

Hmmm, lemme think abou-- no.

:LOL:

I think I might've found a way round this particular problem. :)

What is it? Good to know in case someone else encounters the same problem.

Weird this: Blue & Grey skin, log in from there, bottom of screen which says Full Version, then you're automatically in the what i like to call the Burgundy and Cream skin and Bob's yer Uncle. Can't say it'll work for everyone...

Weird this: Blue & Grey skin, log in from there, bottom of screen which says Full Version, then you're automatically in the what i like to call the Burgundy and Cream skin and Bob's yer Uncle. Can't say it'll work for everyone...

Crazy - look at 73s id in the quote!

Yeah, how'd that happen?

Yeah, how'd that happen?

No idea. And the Blue & Grey line has 'amp' in it.

In any case, something even weirder has happened - can't access FB: 'This page has too many server redirects'.

• The topic was unpinned